Unpopular wrestling opinions

Flair is massively overrated.

WCW was only good for like a year-and-a-half.

Finn Balor caused his own injury.

Piper should have known better.

Taker/Trips HIAC at WM is overrated.

Punk was much better than the PWD gives him credit for.

John Cena is a better wrestler than Randy Orton.

Miz is slightly above average on the mic at best.

I told you jerks Braun was awesome from the start.

Demolition was better than LOD.

Goldberg has always sucked.

Hulk Hogan is the GOAT and it isn't even close.

1. NWA/WCW from the mid 80s to until Hogan came over was the shit. If you didnt watch then you really missed out on some awesome wrestling.
2. Hmmm. Elaborate please. Do you mean he made it worse by correcting the separated shoulder?
3. ???
4. Agreed. HHH IMHO had to piggyback off of two HBK/Taker matches at Mania and it felt very forced by WWE.
5. Agreed
6. Agreed. Cena is one of the most underrated guys in the biz
7. Disagree here
8. Braun has an unlimited ceiling if they book him right. I hope they take their time with him
9. Whoa there...Demolition was a very good team. but the LOD was way above their league
10. Goldberg was booked to hide his weaknesses beautifully by WCW. He never sucked as he was over as hell. He was not a ring technician though by any means and had a very limited skillset on the mic. Despite this he became one of the biggest names for about 3 years when wrestling was the hottest it has ever been mainstream wise.
11. Agreed

Japanese wrestling sucks.

If you're stiff, you are not a worker.

Lucha Underground is an overbooked show and is basically Wrestling Society X with magic and shit.

The Hardy deletion shit were more stupid than DX midget court and if you liked that, should have no opinion on whats good or not.

Japanese wrestling is one step below MMA there. I love the style and the "realness" of it. I have no opinion on the other thoughts tbh

NXT is killing indies and ultimately bad for the majority of those trying to make it in the business.

I see this the exact opposite. To me, NXT is giving Indy wrestlers, that would normally not be on the WWE radar, a chance to get more exposure through the Network. NXT is the best thing WWE has going right now IMHO. I want to watch it more but my time just doesnt allow it. The times I do watch the show and the Take Overs, I am blown away.

Here is one that I think is common sense but may be unpopular to some...

This should be the WWE CW division roster, the rest need to go:

Finn Balor
Eric Young
Austin Aries
Neville
Brian Kendrick
Kalisto
Rich Swann
Cedric Alexander
Akira Tozawa
Jack Gallagher
Hideo Itami
Kota Ibushi
Zack Sabre Jr.
Tony Nese
Roderick Strong
Kenny Omega

They need to ditch the purple theme and they need a different title belt...

Doink the clown is often pointed to as the poster child of how shitty WWF had gotten right before the Attitude Era. Just a goofy cartoon. But you know what? I think the original Doink was pretty badass. He was an evil clown, I loved how his music would start out as like circus music but ended up all dark and evil. He was decent in the ring and he played the evil clown gimmick to perfection. It got silly later when he was a good guy, and multiple Doinks and Dink the clown and all this shit. But I think Matt Borne as the original Doink deserves some props.

Here is one that I think is common sense but may be unpopular to some...

This should be the WWE CW division roster, the rest need to go:

Kenny Omega

They need to ditch the purple theme and they need a different title belt...

<{hughesimpress}>

1. NWA/WCW from the mid 80s to until Hogan came over was the shit. If you didnt watch then you really missed out on some awesome wrestling.
2. Hmmm. Elaborate please. Do you mean he made it worse by correcting the separated shoulder?
3. ???
4. Agreed. HHH IMHO had to piggyback off of two HBK/Taker matches at Mania and it felt very forced by WWE.
5. Agreed
6. Agreed. Cena is one of the most underrated guys in the biz
7. Disagree here
8. Braun has an unlimited ceiling if they book him right. I hope they take their time with him
9. Whoa there...Demolition was a very good team. but the LOD was way above their league
10. Goldberg was booked to hide his weaknesses beautifully by WCW. He never sucked as he was over as hell. He was not a ring technician though by any means and had a very limited skillset on the mic. Despite this he became one of the biggest names for about 3 years when wrestling was the hottest it has ever been mainstream wise.
11. Agreed

Balor reaching back is what fucked his shoulder up. Rollins threw him fine. He got nervous, reached for the barricade, and hurt himself.

Imagine Miz during the Attitude Era. He would have been left in the dust.

LOD was more over than Demolition ever was, but all three members of Demolition were better wrestlers than either Hawk or Animal ever was.

Goldberg sucked. You can suck and be over. The rubes loved him, but he sucked. His matches sucked. His promos sucked. His ability to punch through a car window without almost killing himself sucked. His kick to Bret's dome sucked. He sucked. He still sucks. But he's still over.

Balor reaching back is what fucked his shoulder up. Rollins threw him fine. He got nervous, reached for the barricade, and hurt himself.

Imagine Miz during the Attitude Era. He would have been left in the dust.

LOD was more over than Demolition ever was, but all three members of Demolition were better wrestlers than either Hawk or Animal ever was.

Goldberg sucked. You can suck and be over. The rubes loved him, but he sucked. His matches sucked. His promos sucked. His ability to punch through a car window without almost killing himself sucked. His kick to Bret's dome sucked. He sucked. He still sucks. But he's still over.

I'm not so sure it was 100% on Balor, Balor obviously knows how to take that - I think Seth was either farther or closer than he was supposed to be. Balor should have been able to reach back without getting injured.

I still say they messed by doing the spot on the curve of the barricade and not the flat part.

Hart is overrated
His gimmick was I'm a super serious Canadian wrestler
Awesome

HBK was better everywhere

I'm not so sure it was 100% on Balor, Balor obviously knows how to take that - I think Seth was either farther or closer than he was supposed to be. Balor should have been able to reach back without getting injured.

I'm with Zero on this. Seth threw him from too far away and Balor could have caught the back of his head on the guard rail.

Cena was a God-level heel.

The New Day is holding back Big E AND Xavier Woods.

Alexa Bliss was a better face than Becky Lynch.

Natalya is better on the mic than Sasha Banks.

Nakamura is overated. Bobby Roode can't take that title fast enough.

Last edited:
Back