Unpopular wrestling opinions

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Could be about anything in wrestling.

- I thought Biker Taker was a better gimmick than Deadman Taker.
- TNA was better than the WWE in 2007-8.
- On occasion, I like to watch deathmatch wrestling more than technical wrestling.
- Christian should have stayed with TNA
- Dean Malenko was boring.
- I find HBK to be overrated
- Triple H and Chris Jericho should have never been babyfaces.
- The Survivor Series should only do the "Team Raw vs Team SD" thing sparingly, if at all. I believe it messes with the concept of keeping the two brands separate.
- 2006 WWECW was pretty good

Kevin Owens SUCKS. Should be a curtain jerker.

Jericho was a good face 2000-2001

otherwise I agree I with your list besides the Survivor Series part

and HBK being overrated

and deathmatch wrestling sucks

ok I disagree with a decent portion

eat shit and live

I believe that it's ok to check the oil when you do a butt drag starting in 6th or 7th grade. Most coaches I've heard speak on it say to wait until highschool.

-Scott Steiner would be considered top 5 all time if people didn't think he was a shitty person.

-The most useless member of the Kliq is Triple H

-If Sting came to WWE after the death of WCW, he wouldn't be in the WWE HOF.

-Owen Hart's HOF induction one day will lack literally any impact. Martha Hart will carry her grudge until she dies, and Bret will die before it happens. I don't think she's gonna capitulate any time soon.

Sting sucks. Always has. Always will.

Chris Jericho is incredibly overrated.

WM 22 was better than WM 19.

Macho v Steamboat is overrated

Cena is / was more of an asset than Austin was

Bret Hart is one of the most overrated main eventers of all time and jerry lawler carried the vast, vast majority of their feud.

Macho v Steamboat is overrated

I agree. It is very good but it has become "what we say is the gold standard" more than it was "the golden standard." And there were large sections of the match that came off like ballroom dancing.

Cena is / was more of an asset than Austin was

Agree. Sells just as many T-shirts and "Rise Above Hate" PSAs get more sponsors than "When your pager says '3:16'..."

Bret Hart is one of the most overrated main eventers of all time and jerry lawler carried the vast, vast majority of their feud.

Agree. Bret is an all-time great but I don't think I have him in my top ten. That was Jerry's last feud and he worked it with everything he had... even his dentist.

I agree. It is very good but it has become "what we say is the gold standard" more than it was "the golden standard." And there were large sections of the match that came off like ballroom dancing.

It was way too rehearsed -- which ordinarily isn't that bad of a thing but for a match that gets so much recognition, it just had limited excitement. id would use it as a training video / textbook video rather than an all time great reference

Agree. Sells just as many T-shirts and "Rise Above Hate" PSAs get more sponsors than "When your pager says '3:16'..."
not only that, but John is a better company man who did way more outside the ring work and never ever "took his ball and went home". If i was Vince, i would rank John as my all time favourite employee.

Agree. Bret is an all-time great but I don't think I have him in my top ten. That was Jerry's last feud and he worked it with everything he had... even his dentist.

I like bret, i thought he was fantastic in ring and could sell a match better than most -- but he was too monochrome in everything he did. He was stuck in the 80's well into the 90's and you can tell he had a sense of entitlement. Jerry sold that rivalry, brought life to it and had to do all the dirty work. Bret just went along for the ride and almost seemed to be annoyed to go along with it.

I hate watching any woman apart from Asuka wrestling and ff that shit.

Cena is probably Vince's favorite ever wrestler. Sells merch, puts butts in seats, zero issues and headaches.

Oh yeah, Austin is an asshole, his podcast sucks and he killed Piper.

Seth Rollins is average at best.

He is just a Paul Levesque vanity project.

And an injury liability to boot.

wrong thread

Seth Rollins is average at best.

He is just a Paul Levesque vanity project.

And an injury liability to boot.

I agree with the third point.

The shield was best as a group and all three have been a little worse than I expected on their own.

Dean Ambrose would be a better heel and needs to revert back to his FCW wrestling style.

Apollo Crews needs to be repackaged as a monster heel.

AJ styles has been a better heel than KO this year

Finn Balor needs to improve his mic work to have a sustained push

Nakamura wont get over on the main roster.

asuka wont get over in the main roster

Nia Jax needs to go away

Alexa Bliss is better than becky lynch

Naomi is the worst wrestler in the wwe

Luke Harper needs a better push

Flair is not a top ten in ring worker

Bret Hart is overrated as hell at everything.

Ric Flair was massively overrated as a worker.

Rollins and Owens should have never been bumped up above the midcard.

Sasha Banks is terrible at everything.

Hulk Hogan was/is great and only dorks say otherwise.

Cena and Roman are both good workers and their problems are only their characters.

Flippy dippy wrestling is crap and so is hardcore wrestling.

ECW is massively overrated by folks with selective memory.

Biker Taker was better than The Deadman.

Big Evil was the best work of Taker's career

Jim cornette is always right.

Scott Steiner is the goat heel

Only 7fters should go over clean on other 7fters

Back