Unpopular Opinions

I enjoyed Silva vs Leites match.

RDA ate headkicks from Pettis like a packed lunch, so I'm not too worried about his chin. Conor hits fucking hard, though, so there's that. I think RDA's cardio is going to drown him later on, after surviving a couple of hard shots early on.
I'm with you. Conor is about to become basically Vitor 2.0 in the way that both are Akzo artists early on. At 155 he will almost always need an early KO to win, especially against RDA and Khabib. That never bodes well with a strong, conditioned, well rounded fighters. I've been around MMA far too long to fall into this trap of bandwagon jumping a fighter on a long win streak without a thought of strengths vs. weaknesses and other important variables of the opponents. I've called many "upsets" where the favorite to win was on a long win streak and came upon a loss. I'm not calling Conor hype, I just truly feel like he's ran into someone that will be too much for him.

I said it in another thread, I visually see this fight playing out a lot like Randy Couture vs. Vitor Belfort 3 at UFC 49.

I'm a fan of Josh Koscheck. I think he's underrated do to the poor finish to his career.

Personally, I feel they are ahead of us. Better prospects, better fights, and more popularity.

That is what most people believe, especially people who are fairly new to the sport.
Thus why it is an unpopular opinion.

I don't usually like all-time rankings, but if I had to pick a name for the #1 spot, my choice would be Georges St-Pierre (speaking of which, I'm 100% positive that he really beat Hendricks and the judges' decision was right).

I don't like Wanderlei Silva (and I think my opinion on him is even more unpopular here in my country).

I like Michael Bisping.

I believe Anderson's BJJ level is overrated.

I'm totally ok with fighters who fight smart instead of playing the old "stand and bang" game to "put on a show for the fans".

Last edited:
That I really hope RDA beats the ever livin fuck out of Conor so that his fans will calm the fuck down. I don't say it in public. ...

Dafuq am I talking about ??? Nobody in real life actually gives a flyin fuck.

EDIT... Joe Blow From Kokomo, says. " Yeah, that " WFE" I watch all the time. That Conor Hogan, and Mighty Ronda Mousie... Hell yeah... I love that shit, man. She's a little black chick knocking ppl out left, and right. I'm all over that, braaaahhh.

LMAO... quoted myself. No really, it was an accident. I'm not that big an asshole.

That is what most people believe, especially people who are fairly new to the sport.
Thus why it is an unpopular opinion.
Hey, that's what this thread is for.

The older MMA events had a different vibe to them, and I enjoyed the pageantry in PRIDE, but I like the newer, more professional and modern vibe.

The hate that Sherdog has for Ronda is getting maniacal and verging on sad.

I don't think Overeem has heavy hands. his best shots in the UFC were kicks and knees,people needed to remind of his kickboxing matches in 2010 to claim he has heavy hands. His TKO over JDS was impressive,but that version of JDS looked like a Zombie after almost 75 minutes with Velasquez and Miocic.

That Carlos Condit is overrated as shit.
4 losses 2 wins in his last 6 fights. Sure a good scrap against robbie, but still. I get why people love him, in the same way that people love a warrior, but i think people mistake that love for objectivity and somehow think he's better than he is. I think he get's left behind soon and he would still lose to guys like Hendricks.

Frank Mir has good striking and one punch KO power

Back