Unpopular Opinions

There is still a case for Rich Franklin to be considered top MW ever, thus far. I believe Silva was roided to the gills when he twice beat Ace. Weidman is my favorite MW of all time, but with his loss to Rockhold, I think there is an argument for Rich still.
I have him #3 all time behind Silva and Weidman, but as a huge fan i can see what your saying. Franklin is the man, his career gets underrated. Dude was tough as nails and fought everyone.

(Silva, Hendo, Wand, Belfort, Forrest, Liddell, Okami, Tanner, Shamrock, Machinda)

That I really hope RDA beats the ever livin fuck out of Conor so that his fans will calm the fuck down. I don't say it in public. ...

Dafuq am I talking about ??? Nobody in real life actually gives a flyin fuck.

Of the top 15 specifically...

Werdum
Cain(maybe, not so confident about that one)
Stipe
Reem
Rothwell
Junior
Browne - would lose, but make it close

Maybe Frank too...just for the sub threats.
Even after the Cormier vs. Jones fight, I still felt like Cain would beat Jones if they fought. But lately Cain can't seem to win a fight versus himself in the gym. His injuries due to foolish training is his own undoing.

But yeah, out of that entire list you named, the only one j would feel comfortable betting on is Werdum, just due to styles and Werdum is a terrible matchup for him.

Of the top 15 specifically...

Werdum
Cain(maybe, not so confident about that one)
Stipe
Reem
Rothwell
Junior
Browne - would lose, but make it close

Maybe Frank too...just for the sub threats.

Interesting. I think he beats Stipe and JDS and Cain. And we've already seen what Hallway Mir did to him.

I can't think of anything.

Also, Forrest/Rampage should never be considered any type of robbery, i think that opinion is a joke. Competitive fight, that i think most agree Forrest clearly won, but robbery? No, not even close.

PED's.
I do believe many fighters use it.
But I believe a lot of fighters who "got caught" on PEDs did not know that the supplement they took were banned or contaminated.
I believe we are still in an era where Fighters rely on trainers and friends who advise them what to take without proper research.

I have him #3 all time behind Silva and Weidman, but as a huge fan i can see what your saying. Franklin is the man, his career gets underrated. Dude was tough as nails and fought everyone.

(Silva, Hendo, Wand, Belfort, Forrest, Liddell, Okami, Tanner, Shamrock, Machinda)

A very reasonable position. I just can't put Silva ahead of him, because I personally he was just roided out like crazy in those fights. Take Silva off roids and I think Franklin beats him. E.g., if Silva fought Franklin like he did Diaz (even though he was on roids there, too), Franklin kills him.

gustaffson beat jones 4-1
rumble would beat scared to stand against vitor currently (again)
conor would beat robbie
rothwell would beat jones and make it look easy

There is still a case for Rich Franklin to be considered top MW ever, thus far. I believe Silva was roided to the gills when he twice beat Ace. Weidman is my favorite MW of all time, but with his loss to Rockhold, I think there is an argument for Rich still.
I hold a special respect for Ace. He was a Math teacher that became a UFC Champion, like, that's badass.

Interesting. I think he beats Stipe and JDS and Cain. And we've already seen what Hallway Mir did to him.
Those three are who i'd put as least likely, lol. But still give decent chances.

Though it seems Cain & JDS are shells now.

I really hope so. It would proper RDA into superstardom, IMO.
In my opinion (Guys, take it for face value. Opinions are like assholes.) this fight either ends in the 1st round with Conor knocking RDA out, or somewhere in the middle of the second round Conor will start sinking in the quicksand that is RDA's relentless pace, cardio, core strength and raw power both in grappling and in strikes. He will gas so hard he'll be defenseless and ultimately be finished on the ground whatever way RDA decided to finish him with. I think with RDA, he could go for the sub, but I think he wants to hurt Conor bad and will go for a finish due to strikes. But I think he's gonna get it in the 3rd.

A very reasonable position. I just can't put Silva ahead of him, because I personally he was just roided out like crazy in those fights. Take Silva off roids and I think Franklin beats him. E.g., if Silva fought Franklin like he did Diaz (even though he was on roids there, too), Franklin kills him.
Fair enough, agree to disagree on that one. I think Silva is just a bad matchup for Franklin, though Rich did make some good adjustments in their second fight and landed a few nice shots.

Back