Unpopular Opinions in MMA edition 2020

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here’s one:

Wrestlers like Henderson and Woodley don’t “Fall in love with their striking”

They just got old and can’t drill takedowns anymore and their knees are damaged from a lifetime of wrestling. They’re not strikers, just worn the fuck down.

You guys go:

The UFC didn't fix Conor vs Cowboy

• Jon is right for staying in his weight class and winning.

• Ronda was right to win every fight doing the same move.

At the end of the day, it isn't about the fans getting annoyed that you're not winning the way they want. If you try to please everyone and lose no one will care. Winning (and keeping yourself safe) is what matters in a fight.

I thought Weidman didn't have a shot chin until he fought Reyes, now I have my doubts

Here’s one:

They just got old and can’t drill takedowns anymore and their knees are damaged from a lifetime of wrestling. They’re not strikers, just worn the fuck down.

I dunno, I'd say Henderson did fall in love with his striking. He learned early on that his right hand is TNT, and he never really fought like a wrestler in MMA, even from his debut (he actually jumped guard and guillotined an opponent in his debut tourney in Brazil).

Agree with Woodley, though.

Speaking of Woodley, unpopular opinion: Both of his fights with Wonderboy were horrible. Out of 10 rounds total, there was exactly 1 good round of action. The other 9 rounds were all shit.

DC is a better fighter than Stipe. Won 4 out of the 5 rounds they went and had one KO.

Tony is going to KO Khabib inside 2 minutes.

Before you jump all over that, remember that I predicted Conor would KO Cowboy inside the first minute ;)

WMMA has more fun fights than people give it credit for (don't @ me).

Here’s one:

You guys go:
They do if they have power. The two guys you listed both have power and discovered how to use it in devastating fashion. Someone like that will never happen to Colby or Usman.

Unpopular opinion , conor takes losses well and bounces back

Here’s one:

They just got old and can’t drill takedowns anymore and their knees are damaged from a lifetime of wrestling. They’re not strikers, just worn the fuck down.k

You guys go:
Good point. kos was a bit different though

Back