Unpopular opinion

imbossing

mma judging
Banned
Reaction score
but bellators lower tier fighters are better then UFC lower tier contender fighters

Pico, although chinny, is a special talent.

So far it is 1-1
One Bellator champion became UFC champion
One UFC champion became Bellator champion
If Chandler wins the belt, Bellator will forever own UFC's soul

jake-hager-tj-jones-bellator-221-faceoff.png

They literally plucked a guy who was working at a meat factory and routinely have fighters with 1 or no professional fights on there undercard.

Coker does have an eye for talent. Just look at Strikeforce and how many of their fighters held UFC gold or were top-tier fighters.

jake-hager-tj-jones-bellator-221-faceoff.png

They literally plucked a guy who was working at a meat factory and routinely have fighters with 1 or no professional fights on there undercard.
I heard his opponent worked in the same factory up until 2019. He lost both his legs in a meat grinder.

Unpopular opinion because it is a stupid opinion. Now please go back to the bingo hall.

That's a hard no. I think Bellator's overall talent pool deserves a bit more love, but their lower tier fighters can be downright laughable and they routinely feature raw-as-hell fighters with few to no pro fights. The UFC has definitely signed a bunch of fighters earlier than they should have, but you don't really see Bellator prelim fodder-level fighters in the UFC.

Pico, although chinny, is a special talent.
I think it's all just a matter of him putting it all together and staying composed, which he looks to be improving at. He was getting caught when he wasn't expecting it because he'd get wrapped up in his own offense and disregard his opponent. I went to the event where he knocked out Leandro Higo (the one headlined by Mousasi/Rory), met and chatted with AJ McKee, and he was really talking Pico up, saying once he really learns how to shift smoothly between phases he'll be champ. He's definitely getting better at it and looking great lately. I think his losses are mostly just due to a combination of an invincibility complex (because he knows how talented he is, which can be a gift and a curse), complacency when he's having success, and recklessness that results from both of those things. Judging from his recent performances he's really addressing those things.

Bellator prelims are entertaining most times, but they do hire some absolute no names for them, i guess it comes with the fact that they are not the biggest brand and are not on PPV so they can cover the expenses of the rest of the cards.

Funny enough, the mentioned that plenty of times during the (awful bad) fight with Laureda.

Back