Unpopular opinion: masvidal is a worst match up for conor than usman

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor does have a shot against usman in the beggining of the match, usman doenst have the best defence and he does get hit quite a bit if conor can defend the takedown for at least 1 round he can win, jorge on the other hand is a very good striker and has an amazing chin ( better than anyone in the division ) he also has very good stamina, conor might win the first and the second round but the possibility of this being another diaz type of fight is huge

Well...it’s an unpopular opinion for a reason

I am a Marty hater, but Conor has exactly 0% chance to beat him.

Both would beat him imo, but Conor matches up with Masvidal a fair bit better.
The Mavidal fight would be more competitive, I see Usman wrestle f*cking Conor very easily.

I really think Usman would wear down then abuse Conor.

Both would beat him imo, but Conor matches up with Masvidal a fair bit better.
The Mavidal fight would be more competitive, I see Usman wrestle f*cking Conor very easily.
I also think both beat him, but honestly i think conor has a punchers chance against usman because he's a very good striker, the only way he defeats masvidal is by knockaut and good luck with that cause masvidal chin is incredible

Yeah I'm sure Conor is shaking in his boots at Jorge's inferior boxing because he also has that one fucking same body kick that he throws over and over that Conor won't be able to plan for.

I will grant you that Jorge looks very durable, but he's never taken the kind of beating that Nate took in the Conor 2 fight, so we don't know if he will crumble from something to that extent. He has survived the likes of Khabilov, Chiesa, and Till all knocking him on his fucking ass, but none of those guys are Conor.

Last edited:
He'd tag Masivdal early pretty easy IMO. He has great counters and Masvidal doesn't move his head a lot. They are both pressure fighters who have never been KO'd, but both tend to gas after two rounds. Usman doesn't and he has phenominal wrestling and is a legit 170 fighter. Conor needs to go back to LW. He's too small for the elite WWs.

Masdivals chin is so small, he makes Floyds chin look like a legit HW chin.

A full power left hand from Conor would shatter his weak jaw

Conor does have a shot against usman in the beggining of the match, usman doenst have the best defence and he does get hit quite a bit if conor can defend the takedown for at least 1 round he can win, jorge on the other hand is a very good striker and has an amazing chin ( better than anyone in the division ) he also has very good stamina, conor might win the first and the second round but the possibility of this being another diaz type of fight is huge
Conor would get destroyed by Jorge....but Usman is going to take Mavs down and wear him down....and win 50-45

Usman is huge for Conor, I would pick Usman 4 times out of 5.
Masvidal vs Usman, I would pick Usman again because of his wrestling
Masvidal vs Connor, 50/50

Usman is huge for Conor, I would pick Usman 4 times out of 5.
Masvidal vs Usman, I would pick Usman again because of his wrestling
Masvidal vs Connor, 50/50
Mav has better ground game and stand up than Diaz and both Diaz fights with Conor was very close.

I also think both beat him, but honestly i think conor has a punchers chance against usman because he's a very good striker, the only way he defeats masvidal is by knockaut and good luck with that cause masvidal chin is incredible
I believe Usman has a good chin also, he took some good shots from Colby but if Conor can tag him that much could he absorbe those?
Anyone could get knocked out, it would be an interesting fight if Conor can earn his way to the shot.....who am I kidding, Uncle Dana will give him the shot if Conor wants it.

Both beat Conor convincingly, however mas would expose Conor's so called great boxing and power by being a better boxer and more powerful.
Usman would wrestlefuck the fuck out of Conor and everybody would scream a rematch a year later after Conor beats the likes of a Lawler type fighter...
But when masvidal baptizes Conor the contard fans will have shit to say. Dana and conor knows that and are hoping for somebody to take out the masvidal momentum

Mav has better ground game and stand up than Diaz and both Diaz fights with Conor was very close.
Agree 100%
But most likely the fight will be a stand-up war, ferocious from the start, anything can happen !

Usman would take Conor down as soon as the fight started and land vicious GnP until Conor is unconscious. I think Conor could probably beat Masvidal if the fight stayed on the feet.

Conor's worst matchups are grapplers with good take downs. He tends to look great vs strikers.

Back