Unpopular opinion: get rid of submissions

No more straight punches either. Haymakers or GTFO

Should be same rules, but with headgear and boxing gloves. One low-blow allowed if your opponent had missed weight. Plus, every winner should appear on JRP in 30 calendar days after the event. Only urine tests, no blood because needles may traumatize the fighter. Replace Reebok with Nike and Puma.

Please submit your ban application to a mod.

The reason can't be "i want bloody violence" idiot

don't laugh these guys would be UFC champs but it's just too deadly for the octagon

Wonder if they've ever gone up against a Wing Chun sticky hands fighter? Looks like they stole part of their style from that..

I agree and they should get rid of most grappling.

If a guy gets a pin or point in any way on the ground they should stand them up immediately and it should be treated as a point or a knockdown or significant strike. Too much wasted time on the ground
if you want kickboxing with takedowns but no ground fighting then you should check out Sanda

OP's idea would've been favored by Coleman, Randleman, Chael and other wrestlers who could take down almost anyone but had trouble with defending submissions. To be fair, Chael's submission game got better later in his career except for that bizarre fight with Tito. Still not sure if that was real or staged...

On the feet striking, wrestling and ground-and-pound only please. I don't give a fat hairy crap about submission chess. I'm here for bloody violence.

This post inspired by current Mickey Gall fight.
You're a fucking moron

Get rid of blocking and moving backwards as well.

giphy.gif

2008 account. It sounds to me like you're just bored of life

I don't think they should ban submissions but I don't think they should award points just for attempting a submission either. Even if its close, you either get it or you don't and you aren't causing any damage just because you almost landed a submission. Unless you damage the other guys joints or something

Pancrase used to have those rope escapes.
It cost the guy who grabbed the rope 1 point.

Whhhhhaaat?

I'd like to see fighters not being able to get saved by the Bell for real. Like if ur in the middle of getting tko'd or in a submission. I know it could be sketchy at first, but if perfected, it could do some good

Back