Unpopular Opinion: Dolls in Horror Movies aren't scary

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I never found these types of movies to be scary.
It's just a 2 foot tall toy. Take it back to Walmart and get a refund. End of film

Movies like Child's Play, Annabelle, and The Boy seem to rely on chilling atmospheric music, 5000 year old wooden floors that creak every time someone walks on it, and ridiculous jump scares.

The point I'm trying to make is something that small could be replaced with anything to make it scary, using the exact same effects.

For example:

A scary pack of gum
A baby diaper
The Scary Dandruff on your Shoulders
An Eraser
Scary Swiss Cheese
Scary Eggplant
Scary clipped toenails laying in the bathtub
Scary lint from the dryer

Last edited:
Puppet Master movies are great though

d4yilrp-97a4a440-b5ac-4935-ae74-f124826211e9.gif

Chucky was a ‘lil evil fucker. What he lacked in size, he made up for with ingenuity and the fact that nobody would expect it coming from a doll.

my oldest aunt used to have these antique clown dolls that used to FREAK me the fuck out. the old ones where they had elaborate patchwork bodies, stitched to fine detail, with porcelain hands, shoes & heads. one day, I was in their basement drawing Dragonball sketches. the clown that freaked me out the most was on the sofa in front of me. I dozed off for a bit & woke up creeped out, like something eerie was in the air, & when I looked at the sofa, the clown was gone, but instead on the recliner over to my right. I freaked the fuck out & my aunt told me she hadn't come down at all, & was just preparing lunch the entire time. what the fuck man.

Yeah well, most horror movies are terrible anyways

I never took childs play to be horror. The doll always talked too much. Way too gimicky

It's just a 2 foot tall toy. Take it back to Walmart and get a refund. End of film

Movies like Child's Play, Annabelle, and The Boy seem to rely on chilling atmospheric music, 5000 year old wooden floors that creak everytime someone walks on it, and ridiculous jump scares.

The point I'm trying to make is something that small could be replaced with anything to make it scary, using the exact same effects.

For example:

A scary pack of gum
A baby diaper
An Eraser
Scary Swiss Cheese
Scary Eggplant
No.

Chucky was literally called "My Buddy." He was supposed to be an innocent doll and a friend to Andy, not a murderous psychopath. That's what makes it scary.

Movies like Child's Play, Annabelle, and The Boy seem to rely on chilling atmospheric music, 5000 year old wooden floors that creak everytime someone walks on it, and ridiculous jump scares.

For example:

A scary pack of gum
A baby diaper
An Eraser
Scary Swiss Cheese
Scary Eggplant

Sorry dude.. but when you watch Poltergeist when your 10 years old.. yes that is my age when I watched it release date.. im an old cunt.. THE DOLL WAS SCARY AS FUCK ....

Context is need, when I watch Annabelle, i enjoy the movie for what it is.. is the Doll scary ? no .. but if I watched this movie when I was 12, then yeah it might be scary.. Dolls play on the psychological level of life less child .. a dead child.. because that's what a doll is symbolically .. a dead kid.. that scares us .. dead children is scary ..

Sorry dude.. but when you watch Poltergeist when your 10 years old.. yes that is my age when I watched it release date.. im an old cunt.. THE DOLL WAS SCARY AS FUCK ....

Context is need, when I watch Annabelle, i enjoy the movie for what it is.. is the Doll scary ? no .. but if I watched this movie when I was 12, then yeah it might be scary.. Dolls play on the psychological level of life less child .. a dead child.. because that's what a doll is symbolically .. a dead kid.. that scares us .. dead children is scary ..

I actually did see Poltergeist when I was a kid.
I was probably 6 years old when I saw it. The clown doll didn't scare me though.
What scared me in that film were the trees grabbing people and molesting them and the raw piece of steak that was dancing on the table.

I'd imagine the steak wouldn't be so scary if it wasn't for the sound effects.
That somehow turned it up a notch.

I actually did see Poltergeist when I was a kid.
I was probably 6 years old when I saw it. The clown doll didn't scare me though.
What scared me in that film were the trees grabbing people and molesting them and the raw piece of steak that was dancing on the table.

Ok that is proof that you are scared of Trees and steak, and im scared of dead children.. i think theres serious psychological signifcance is all this .. thanks./.

I don't know dude, my entire generation hates clowns because of that fucking puppet in Poltergeist.

Movies like Child's Play, Annabelle, and The Boy seem to rely on chilling atmospheric music, 5000 year old wooden floors that creak every time someone walks on it, and ridiculous jump scares.

For example:

A scary pack of gum
A baby diaper
An Eraser
Scary Swiss Cheese
Scary Eggplant

I've never found a movie to be scary. It's a fucking movie! It's not real!

There are some real things to be afraid of, like Asian drivers and truck drivers with tools.

In for scary Swiss cheese.

Back