Unpopular OPINION: Cowboy will outclass AL

I didn't know this, very interesting.
Well actually every person he has ko'd had never been ko'd before but a couple have been tko'd. Before Matt Brown every single opponent he beat by tko or ko had never been tko'd or ko'd before. In Yancy's case he'd been tko'd twice but one was a thumb injury and the other was a body shot, cowboy was the first to take him out by punching his face. Matt brown was also tko'd by Ellenberger before Cowboy starched him out cold.

All the others hadn't been finished by tko or ko though (unless you count Cote blowing his knee out against Silva). Story, Cote, Hernandez, Oliveira, Miller, Guillard, Martins, and Makdessi all had never been finished by strikes before.

Well actually every person he has ko'd had never been ko'd before but a couple have been tko'd. Before Matt Brown every single opponent he beat by tko or ko had never been tko'd or ko'd before. In Yancy's case he'd been tko'd twice but one was a thumb injury and the other was a body shot, cowboy was the first to take him out by punching his face. Matt brown was also tko'd by Ellenberger before Cowboy starched him out cold.

All the others hadn't been finished by tko or ko though (unless you count Cote blowing his knee out against Silva). Story, Cote, Hernandez, Oliveira, Miller, Guillard, Martins, and Makdessi all had never been finished by strikes before.

True enough. I know Cowboy has a lot of power in that right leg of his and he can knock a lot of guys senseless when he times it good.

Distance management will be paramount in this fight with Al. If he gets caught in boxing range too much he could get hurt but I think he can do good work in the clinch and at range. The grappling exchanges will be very interesting too.

no, his age will show in this fight. Al is too well rounded

We can fire up a highlight reel of Cowboy getting smashed on the feet when he's up against elite competition. Generally Cowboy looks good when he's in there with somebody who doesn't really belong in the top 10.

Raging Al is a veteran and he's pretty solid everywhere. His fight IQ looked through the roof in his most recent appearance with Lee, which is why many people are riding high on him right now. He looks like a fighter that is using his head and putting the pieces together.

I'd never discount Cerrone and he's one of the most entertaining guys in the sport. I could see him landing something and the guy is a finisher who takes risks.

Out classing Al, that much I can't see. Al would need to get drunk before he walked in the Octagon. He may lose some fights against the best but he's not getting out classed.

This. It’s close to a pick’em fight, where I would think Al is about -150. And if anyone is getting outclassed it’s Cowboy.

Not sure how anyone can come to TS’s conclusion. When Al has never been outclassed, and Cowboy has been outclassed by a handful of guys, who happened to do exactly what Al does well.

Edit: Al opened at -149
{<shrug}

I really like both guys a lot, but I just don't see the path to victory for Cerrone except for maybe a miracle arm bar or triangle from his back or utilizing leg kicks and staying outside...if it gets to the clinch, throw a knee or two, and then get out...if he tries to throw hands, it's not going to go well.

Al gave Khabib his toughest fight since Tibau on short notice

Also beat Lee twice.

Cerrone has had the better overrall career, but I think he will get beat.

It's Al's time

Imagine STILL underestimating Al. Fer sure, my man, the guy who survived Lee's body triangle and Khabib's GnP is going to be subbed by Cowboy, one hunnit percent.

<{1-17}>

Al by UD.

Hate that one of these guys has to lose, especially Cowboy given his age. Big fan of both. But, gun to my head, I'll be rooting for Cowboy but think Al wins.

Al gave Khabib his toughest fight since Tibau on short notice

He's the only one to go the distance over five rounds because Khabib only had 2 of those fights, but I think RDA had more significant strikes in just 3 rounds.

He's the only one to go the distance over five rounds because Khabib only had 2 of those fights, but I think RDA had more significant strikes in just 3 rounds.

I know I'm mildly trolling

But do like Al in this fight.

However if Cowboy roles back the years? He could definitely get the w.
Good fight.

Depends what beer Cowboy is drinking during the lead up to the fight

Al, a fat, grumpier version of Nate Diaz, should be outclassed. He's a child compared to Cowboy with his experience. AI is one of the most overrated fighters on Sherdog and thinks he's much better than he is. Bias: I want to see Cerrone in a title fight before he retires.

Besides Medeiros every single person Cowboy has ko'd had never been ko'd before lol. Just something to think about.

I was about to look this up.... Thanks... Old vets... Up and comers... Cowboy has dispatched many.

Al is a live dog here and only a fool thinks this fight is a lock for either guy.

McGregor landed more in round 3 then AL did in the whole fight if I recalled correctly
AL showed great heart but khabib has had tougher nights

Cerrone has looked his age the past few fights, I know he's won but has looked slower than usual and taking more punches thus why I think Al takes this one via tko.

Back