Unpopular opinion : Conor cut weight for his WW bouts

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Jean-MMA, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Jean-MMA

Jean-MMA Orange Belt

That's just not true.
    Conor used to do a Big wheight cut at FW, probably more than 25lbs from 170 to 145. When you do this kind of weight cut, I agree with you, 2 more pounds is VERY hurting. BUT 2 more pounds is nothing for a "light" cut like going down from 177 to 170 to 168.

Khaiser likes this.
  2. RoJo303

RoJo303 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

His "Cage weight" versus Aldo "174", but there was no official in cage weight, just one given by Roddy to make lil connie seem big.

Here is the dilemma: his dick riders liked saying he was small when he lost to larger men after the fight, to nullify their victory, but then said he was massive before he beat the midget ("he's too big, no one can stop that left....he hits like a middleweight"), to make it seem like her was unbeatable. His haters, however and on the other hand, complained about how he 'beat up on midgets' and had a size advantage after he won, to nullify the victory, but then said he was just as big as Khabib when he lost to nullify his skills and the obvious size discrepancy.

Here is the realit:y Conor maxes out at 165ish, is a very average sized feather weight, he is not a big man at all but puffed himself up, wore platform shoes to make himself look larger, increase his marketing and get a mental advantage. He is a manlet, while Khabib is a legit WW/MW @ 195 pounds, and what is so impressive is he accomplished all he did while being a wee folk.

Isthat-yo bop likes this.
  3. Foppa21

Foppa21 Black Belt

At that weight, he probably loses more by attrition rather than a cut.

I wouldn't consider losing a lb or 2 a few hours before weigh ins to be a cut.

The only person that stands out to me that looks like he just rocked up into a weigh in was BJ Penn. Something like 165/168 in jeans before he fought Jon Fitch

4. GordoBarraBJJ

GordoBarraBJJ Yellow Card Yellow Card

And he was still 3 times smaller than Nate

5. TheLinguist

TheLinguist IG:MarkTheMutant

Conor is way too small to weigh 180 lbs, he has the frame of a junior high school girl.

No weigh he cuts to get to 170, more likely the heaviest he’s ever been is 168lbs.

6. Cat Biscuits

Cat Biscuits Brown Belt

Stupid Dana making CLAIMS without proof is what made everyone think Diaz was 200lbs monster coming into the 2nd fight.

This is what Nate said in an interview:
    Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10...ht-dana-white-nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-weight

Nobody knows better than Nate. I wish Dana would get crucified with some of the stupid shit he says without proof, but his shills eat it up and spread it around.

Khaiser, Herwald and Mamou like this.
  7. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

Of course he did. There was a maximum difference of 10 lbs between he and Nate on fight night. The weight class has a 15 lb difference built in. If neither had cut any weight at all, they'd have both been in the same weight class (MW). That was a legit win for Nate against a top guy in the same weight class.

8. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

Ugh... there are weight cuts and then there are weight cuts. If you're cutting less than 10 lbs and you're used to cutting closer to 20 lbs its easy to overshoot... even if it's not "on purpose."

Some of you have clearly never cut weight in your lives.

9. soulsstealer

soulsstealer Silver Belt

kinda funny that ppl made fun of conor saying nate was 2x his size and now ppl are saying conor is huge

10. Jean-MMA

Jean-MMA Orange Belt

Yeah, I guess a cut from 177 to 168 is bread and butter when you used to cut 145

jeremyemilio likes this.
  11. Maroli

Maroli Brown Belt

Well Kavanaugh himself said Conor would be around 170 for the Mcgregor fight and seem to intimate that Conor didn't even cut to 168 for Diaz here, so you tell me:
    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/25/...-floyd-mayweather-weight-advantage-170-pounds

12. locust rising

locust rising The mirror collapses but the image does not

wait so you’re saying he cut weight on purpose even though there’s no benefit for it.

no I don’t think you have cut weight

13. Yung Dilla

Yung Dilla Red Belt

Of course they made Nate the safe goat again. Lol Nate responded to that on Twitter saying I can go 155 no problem.

If the UFC is gonna make up a story you might wanna see if the Diaz bros are in line because unlike most of the roster they'd just stay quiet about it those two will call bullshit.

Nate exposed a failed test that was never gonna be made public just to be keep it official. Their words are all they have its commendable to be honest. It's cool to the Diaz bros tho I get it lol.

14. Lawrence

Lawrence Black Belt

Good point..

But that was a few years ago eh?

My unprofessional opinion is that Conor has been hitting the weights maybe a bit more than the matts and cage in the last few years. His core does look more substantial to me than when he was FW and LW Champ.... So it's not crazy to suspect that he may have a good bit more mass....

Livin that superstar life, traveling about, doing promotional stuffs for his Whiskey Biz... What appears to be a lot of partying... Yeah.. Weight rooms are much more easy to find than Gyms when you are out and about like he is.

I hope he puts on a good performance anyhow and leaves bloodied by a Cowboy finish.

15. Dorkman

Dorkman Red Belt

Sounds about right. I just assumed he was floating somewhere around the 180 lb mark. Whether it's just above or below that is the real debate.

16. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

What are you talking about? He cut weight because he needed to be under 171 lbs according to his contract.

He overshot because they haven't invented an app yet that tells you when you weigh exactly 171 lbs.

Which also explains why Nate weighed in at 169... unless you think Nate didn't cut weight either... which, you'd kinda have to in order to be logically consistent. No?

(Please enlighten me on where I've gone wrong.)

17. Isthat-yo bop

Isthat-yo bop Purple Belt

People always confuse height with weight classes. Conor is a featherweight tweener , his best work would be at 150. People hold weight differently . People taught Jose Aldo was dying at 135 , he just doesn’t hold weight in his face

18. Isthat-yo bop

Isthat-yo bop Purple Belt

People always confuse height with weight classes. Conor is a featherweight tweener , his best work would be at 150. People hold weight differently . People taught Jose Aldo was dying at 135 , he just doesn’t hold weight in his face