Unofficial nicknames for UFC fighters that make fun of them

Tim "Timmeh" Sylvia
maxresdefault.jpg

Rockhold........

Donghold
Cuckhold
Salthold

Sort of both, I think a lot of people saw it either way. But I do remember quite of bit of people on Sherdog reffering to him as the "black henderson"

Either fits though.
Yeah, works just as well. I edited my previous post for a little more clarity of my thoughts fyi, in case you didn't see it.

Jon "smoke break" Fitch

Unfortunately quite a bit of guys that could take that nickname a well..

His last name is Henderson. Hendo is a nick name for Henderson.
His first name is benson.
Nickname is Ben.

Bendo is kind of a play on words.

There was "Meathead" for Matt Mitrione and "Big Baby" for Marcus Jones.

There was "Meathead" for Matt Mitrione and "Big Baby" for Marcus Jones.

Then ironically takes the name for his official name.. which is basically dissing himsefl.. for those tht saw TUF 10 heavyweights it's pretty clear

Then ironically takes the name for his official name.. which is basically dissing himsefl.. for those tht saw TUF 10 heavyweights it's pretty clear

Haha yeah. I was surprised when he did at the Finale. Too bad he didn't have a better chin because he seemed like a nice guy.

I'm not certain, but I feel like Bendo came from the fact that his first name is BENson. And Hendo was already a nick at the time, so it just made sense to continue the trend. Maybe i'm just wrong, but i dunno seems somewhat racier the way you put it.

This. Bendo = Black Henderson is news to me

Also, what's up with the Dillashaw nicknames? Only ones I ever saw used were Killashaw and more recently Dillasnake

Bendo stands for Black Henderson? Not BEN Henderson?

my life changed today

PS Titties for the win

What? I've been watching Ben Henderson since his big stage debut at WEC 38, and it's been Bendo because his first name is Benson, shortened to Ben, and his last name is Henderson, which there's a fighter out there with that last name nicknamed Hendo. Ben + Hendo = Bendo.

Nothing to do with skin color.

Bonus: He doesn't like being called Bendo, because he's Benson.

Some people like to attribute the nickname Bendo to the fact that he's very submission-averse, as shown in his first fight against Cerrone.

My personal fav is Rounda Rousey.
70% Hendricks is fun too.

Back