Unofficial Fighter Nicknames

Earthworm Jim

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just a fun thread list of fighters that either do/don't already have nicknames, however also have other 'unofficial' nicknames that I've heard Sherdog fans refer them to...

Cain Velasquez - Cardio Cain, The Terminator, El Toro (original nickname that didn't work out)
Vitor Belfort - The Lion (self proclaimed)
Randy Couture - Captain America
Gegard Mousasi - The Moose
Dan Henderson - Dangerous Dan, H-Bomb Henderson
Mark Hunt - Hunto (thanks to his Japanese fans)
Chris Leben - The Cat Smasher (original nickname that didn't work out)
Matt Mitrione - Meathead
Keith Jardine - The Chimpanzee
Paul Daley - The Sucker Puncher (because he is)
Alexander Gustafsson - The Viking
Thiago Silva - The Wife Beater (because he is)
Josh Koscheck - Kos
Jeremy Horn - Gumby
Sam Stout - Hands of Foam
Josh Barnett - The Babyfaced Warmaster
Jon Fitch / Jake Shields - The Human Wet Blanket (both can take this nickname for all I care)
Jos

Last edited:
I see you put over five minutes into making this thread. Unfortunate really since it's going to end up in the wasteland.

i guess the poopy pants nick name has been transferred.

The Cat Smasher is the greatest unofficial nickname of all time.

My favorite, and I say this every time he fights and would pay Michael Buffer $20 cash next time I play poker with him in Vegas if he does it....

RYAN.......THE MASTER.........BAAAAAAAAAAAAAADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy "hand me an undeserved title shot" Couture coming off a loss twice he gets a title shot. Once after a win over Mike Van Arsdale WTF?

Kelvin Gastelum- the honey badger

The Cat Smasher is the greatest unofficial nickname of all time.

That was his original nickname, but the UFC made him change it because they thought people would think it was promoting animal abuse. Leben meant it like "I smashed that cat" like you would say "I smashed that dude" or whatever, but it is hard to tell that from just the nickname or without knowing that is how Leben talks.

Also, I've seen Cris "Cyroid" and Cris "Cryborg" Santos/Justino quite a bit.

Back