UNLV Now will probably host UFC's first American stadium show.

LoserMike

Purple Belt
Reaction score
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/jan/11/unlv/

0113_unlv_event_center03_t653.jpg

UNLV is building a new stadium and it looks beautiful
Few specs:
- Seats 60,000
- 100 yard long HD Screen
- $800 million to build

Last edited:
Its about time that someone does this. Anyone that lives in Vegas knows that driving out to UNLV's current football stadium is a pain in the bunz. This should significantly increase their crowd size and improve the team a great deal in the near future.
On top of that an estimated 394 million in annual revenue will help the city a ton and create quite a few new jobs.
I have to disagree with the ts about it being the first American stadium to hold a UFC event though. This isn't going to be ready until 2016...I expect there to be an event at Cowboy Stadium within the next year or two. We will see

Its about time that someone does this. Anyone that lives in Vegas knows that driving out to UNLV's current football stadium is a pain in the bunz. This should significantly increase their crowd size and improve the team a great deal in the near future.
On top of that an estimated 394 million in annual revenue will help the city a ton and create quite a few new jobs.
I have to disagree with the ts about it being the first American stadium to hold a UFC event though. This isn't going to be ready until 2016...I expect there to be an event at Cowboy Stadium within the next year or two. We will see

cool and yes it does suck to drive out to the rebel games

If all goes according to plan, UNLV and its developer partners hope to break ground in the next two years. The stadium could be completed by 2017.

A long ways to go. Can't imagine they won't try to do a stadium show before then.

Back