Unlucky or Over training?

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
Seems some UFC fighters are always getting injured before fights

Bisping, Rory Mac, Kos.. to name a few

Their bodies falling apart? or simply Unlucky or Over training?

Bisping and Kos have pulled out of so many fights in the past 2 years
This is kinda the reason Forrest said he retired.
You end up becoming unreliable to the UFC basically

bjpennsite_crop_north.png

Josh-Koscheck.jpg

rory-macdonald2.jpg

forrest_griffin1.jpg

I guess it's partly bad luck, but some guys do definitely seem more injury prone than others, in all sports.

Some athletes seem extremely durable, whether it is their training methods, or genetic (or maybe a combo of both) like tendon strength etc I don't know.

why is it some guys never seemed to get injured or pull out of fights?

Chael, Diaz (both), Roy nelson,

Over training is a pretty big thing in the culture of combat sports. Especially in MMA and Wrestling. I know a lot of guys in wrestling who've had shitty performances and have lost a lot of time off their careers because of over training, so I have no doubt that most of the injuries in MMA are caused by it.

You can't overtrain an eye.. that's just bad luck (Bisping).

Karma that bisping gets an eye injury (twice now) after talking shit about Belcher after poking him in the eye.

Well it depends because if you're a fighter trying to take long strides in skill that requires you to step up your training and in some cases, these guys get injured.

Then there's the point that some dudes just train harder than others but sometimes it doesn't matter.

the hell is all over Rory's face? ewww.

You can't overtrain an eye.. that's just bad luck (Bisping).

I also remember him having some kind of retina surgery a few months ago, so that could be a contributing factor.

Love how people forget Belcher poked Bisping first.

We aren't "forgetting". Bisping did it and cut the inside of his eyelid, then proceeded to talk shit about him the day or so after.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/4/2...micheal-bisping-alan-belcher-way-out-eye-poke

"I could read all his movements, he seemed quite slow to me... I think, you know, he laid on the floor a little bit, I think maybe. Who knows? I think maybe he looked for a way out. But I was happy with everything."

Classy Bisping, as per usual.

Just bad luck

Over training is a pretty big thing in the culture of combat sports. Especially in MMA and Wrestling. I know a lot of guys in wrestling who've had shitty performances and have lost a lot of time off their careers because of over training, so I have no doubt that most of the injuries in MMA are caused by it.

overtraining + not enough cooling down and stretching.

Combination of both.

I still remember when Cub got injured from a freak accident. That sidelined him for a bit.

Bisping overtrained his eye?

What'd he do, stare too hard at GTA5?

Back