Unlike Conor, GSP doesn't need trashtalk or playing games to boost PPV sales.

Such a humble and amazing guy. Im not from Canada but I can imagine canadians being proud of him.

Did all his talk in the cage. A special athlete competing on the top level for such a long time and retiring past his prime but still on as #1 WW. Lawler is doing good too. He is kickings asses while still being a nice guy.

Pure sport... not some WWE drama.

heh, you like him for being a babyface and dislike conor for being a heel. it's as wwe as you can get man.

if you were an mma fan, you'd like both guys for their in-cage careers, not for what they say in interviews or fight promos.

Lol@ these fools saying GSP wouldn't be as popular today.

He would be fucking huge. Canada would stand right behind him in his conquest of title defenses.

Different strokes, the world would be boring if everyone adhered to a similar persona

Conor had the full force of UFC's marketing behind him early on. GSP had to deal with the UFC wanting to keep Hughes as champion. GSP had to demolish everyone they put in front of him until the UFC had no choice but to give him a Hughes rematch.

GSP didn't have a string of favorable matchups on the way to the title, unlike McG.
GSP also got a title shot after 2 ufc fights...

GSP was an amazing fighter and champion but if you think he is exciting to watch as connor mcgregor your taking some hard drugs or are extremely fucking delusional.

I don't know how to measure such a thing but on GSP's last fight, Daniel Cormier was in the press box and he said something like, "I really hope GSP comes back. the sport and fans need him to come back because let me tell you, the arena just feels different when Georges St. Pierre is fighting."

Such a humble and amazing guy. Im not from Canada but I can imagine canadians being proud of him.

Did all his talk in the cage. A special athlete competing on the top level for such a long time and retiring past his prime but still on as #1 WW. Lawler is doing good too. He is kickings asses while still being a nice guy.

Pure sport... not some WWE drama.
Agreed

Conor would get popular if he was quite too though, skills like that get attention

TS is right Ive been to most GSP fights but havnt been to any Connor fights.................hmmmm actually havnt even been to a bar to watch a fight since GSP vs 70% hand wraps............or was it GSP vs Diaz hell I cant remember.

I miss him to bro...

hqdefault.jpg

He got that shot due to the roster being much smaller and Hughes was supposed to run right through him .

He got that shot due to the roster being much smaller and Hughes was supposed to run right through him .
true enough, the quote I replied to made iit seem like GSP had some a very hard path to a belt (when he had a chance and lost within 3 ufc fights. Hard to relatethe two realistically. Anyway I'm a fan of both but I think a lot of people don't give Connor his due credit (maybe because o his fans idk)

Different world back in 2004. Much smaller organization only putting on a few shows per year. Most guys were cut after one loss back then. His second run to the title was pretty long.

I'm pretty sure this thread is a response to : Connor doesn't need his country's mass market to get PPV buys.

HAHAHA that would explain it.

And it's true... He doesn't.

Without nationalistic revenue, Dana would have treated GSP the way he did Jon Fitch. Lol

GSP was an amazing fighter and champion but if you think he is exciting to watch as connor mcgregor your taking some hard drugs or are extremely fucking delusional.

GSP was ten times as exciting to watch as Conor, not close.

HAHAHA that would explain it.

And it's true... He doesn't.

Without nationalistic revenue, Dana would have treated GSP the way he did Jon Fitch. Lol

Do you have any proof that GSP generated more revenue because he was Canadian? Seriously, let us all know how many PPVs GSP sold to Canadians.

Or is that just a thing you guys say?

You don't seriously believe the words you just typed.

DO YOU????

Of course I do, because I'm a fan of fights.

What exactly about Conor's fights do you find exciting?

To quote a great minstrel of our time "Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records. Well I do, so fuck him and fuck you too!"

Back