Media Unknown ref (Sittichai Ineiad) pulls off a GOAT save during the fight.

This is Muy Thai, not MMA, so there is 0% chance of the "downed fighter" taking more damage. So what follow-up are you talking about???

Usually when someone gets KO'd standing and they fall over like that there is a possible 2nd concussion of their head slamming into the mat at full force of gravity. It doesn't look at all like he was going to break his neck, he basically just put his hand behind his head so it hit the mat instead of his head. Since this is a striking combat sport it makes sense why he tried to save the guy like this; in MMA you'd be more focused on stopping his opponent from following up with GnP.

I know what sport it is, but my point still stands, ref had good reflexes, but he shouldn't have done what he did as he could've caused more damage than preventing it. A concussion vs a broken neck or worse, pick one.

Honestly, great reflexes by the ref, but he could've caused Neymars neck to break with how he caught him. It is better for a fighter to fall straight down and prevent the follow up from the opposing fighter. You want to prevent the fighter doing anymore damage to a downed opponent, not go in for a save and potentially put them in greater harm.

...do you see a lot of ground and pound in muay thai?

I know what sport it is, but my point still stands, ref had good reflexes, but he shouldn't have done what he did as he could've caused more damage than preventing it. A concussion vs a broken neck or worse, pick one.

...so you know it's not mma, but still insist your dumb complaint is accurate? wow.

Honestly, great reflexes by the ref, but he could've caused Neymars neck to break with how he caught him. It is better for a fighter to fall straight down and prevent the follow up from the opposing fighter. You want to prevent the fighter doing anymore damage to a downed opponent, not go in for a save and potentially put them in greater harm.

How was he putting the fighter at risk by catching his head preventing it from bouncing off the canvas?

There is not follow up in Muay Thai on the ground.

Where are you getting this idea that he could have injured his neck from? He's cradling the back of his head and neck so that neither hit the canvas.

Lol you're an idiot.

How the fuck could that possibly break his neck? Jesus Christ. He did a great job of stopping his head bouncing off the canvas

Lol you're an idiot.

How the fuck could that possibly break his neck? Jesus Christ. He did a great job of stopping his head bouncing off the canvas

He's an Orange Belt. Don't worry about him and his whacked point of view. To see things in the world as he does, you would have to have your head completely up your ass.

That was some damn fine reffing.

You specifically because you said the ref should be worried about opponent doing follow-up damage, which is against the rules and isn't going to happen....so not sure why you are choosing this hill to die on, but your logic is flawed.

Also I don't see how this could break your neck (putting your hand behind the guys head so it doesn't slam into the mat). What we typically see refs do to KO'd guys is far worse, they are face down and the ref will just roll them over - now that's fucking dangerous!

This as damn heroic IMO.

No follow up strikes allowed, it wasn't mma

Great reaction by the ref but does your head hitting the canvas really cause that much more brain trauma compared to the actual ko blow itself? I kinda feel like that's just a myth

Great reaction by the ref but does your head hitting the canvas really cause that much more brain trauma compared to the actual ko blow itself? I kinda feel like that's just a myth

Hard to say exactly how bad it is, but can look pretty gnarly to me. Check out how fast the bounce is off the canvas in some of these gifs:

InfatuatedImmediateDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

RapidCoolCardinal-size_restricted.gif

20f2x4.gif

opyqwj.gif

Last edited:
You sound pretty stupid here, that ref was amazing, don’t hate.
<{cruzshake}>

Hard to say exactly how bad it is, but can look pretty gnarly to me. Check out how fast the bounce is off the canvas in some of these gifs:

InfatuatedImmediateDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

RapidCoolCardinal-size_restricted.gif

20f2x4.gif

opyqwj.gif
Looks gnarly for sure but you gotta remember it's a ring not a concrete floor. I look at it like this, if all those guys were to just let their bodies go limp without getting hit and just fall to the floor, I don't think that impact of their head hitting the canvas would be enough to knock them out by itself

He rolled kinda weird but he held his hand in position.

Solid technique.

8.5/10

Back