Social University of California abandons ACT/SAT

Lubaolong

RETIRED
@Steel
Reaction score
The University of California voted earlier today to eliminate SAT/ACT scores in college admissions due to concerns that they are unfair to poor, blacks, and Hispanics.

Seems like an easy way to "enhance diversity" and avoid lawsuits when Asians with superior credentials are discriminated against.

Only a matter of time

5509d60069bedd1722ca3573

This is peak diversity.

Everyone talks about the racism against Asians but I had no idea it was this bad. Someone mentioned in the reddit comments, and I didn't believe it but.. Asians got too good at golf and:

Golf Tour’s Rule: Speak English to Stay in Play
Concerned about its appeal to sponsors, the women’s professional golf tour, which in recent years has been dominated by foreign-born players, has warned its members that they must become conversant in English by 2009 or face suspension.
https://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/27/sports/golf/27golf.html

Jesus, lol. Asians can't catch a break. God help the person that goes to a competitive Asian high school in California and being graded against them as your curve now with no standardized test to show what's happening. The kid at the dumb school that gets a 4.0 but can barely read and do algebra is going to get preference now, rofl. Speaking of which, didn't California State Universities get rid of their algebra requirement recently for similar reason that the UCs are getting rid of SATs?

What are they going to do when Asians score higher in Math and Science?

Everyone talks about the racism against Asians but I had no idea it was this bad. Someone mentioned in the reddit comments, and I didn't believe it but.. Asians got too good at golf and:

Concerned about its appeal to sponsors, the women’s professional golf tour, which in recent years has been dominated by foreign-born players, has warned its members that they must become conversant in English by 2009 or face suspension.

Jesus, lol. Asians can't catch a break. God help the person that goes to a competitive Asian high school in California and being graded against them as your curve now with no standardized test to show what's happening. The kid at the dumb school that gets a 4.0 but can barely read and do algebra is going to get preference now, rofl.
Yeah why would a company want appeal for it's stars in the country where most of their money comes from? Also it's women's golf so not a real sport

Jesus, lol. Asians can't catch a break. God help the person that goes to a competitive Asian high school in California and being graded against them as your curve now with no standardized test to show what's happening. The kid at the dumb school that gets a 4.0 but can barely read and do algebra is going to get preference now, rofl. Speaking of which, didn't California State Universities get rid of their algebra requirement recently for similar reason that the UCs are getting rid of SATs?
Imagine complying with this

Good. Stanardized tests can be a proxy for intellectual capabilities, but they're far from perfect. Some people are incredibly bright who just aren't good test takers.

Do you want Coronavirus? Cause pissing off the Asians is how you get coronavirus.

Good. Stanardized tests can be a proxy for intellectual capabilities, but they're far from perfect. Some people are incredibly bright who just aren't good test takers.
:rolleyes:

We don't have these tests in my province and we are doing just fine. I've never actually understood what they are. Do you have to pay to take them ? If so, it's probably a scam.

can you imagine how many leftists have spent literally decades behind the scenes trying to rework standardized tests in order to back into the preferred outcomes? they finally gave up and are now just cancelling them.

We don't have these tests in my province and we are doing just fine. I've never actually understood what they are. Do you have to pay to take them ? If so, it's probably a scam.
Grades are administered by individual high schools. Grades at different schools mean different things. The SAT and ACT are standardized tests to compare students from different schools. UCs are getting rid of them because they give objective evidence of racial discrimination against white and Asian people. Now, UCs can racially discriminate and no one can prove it.

Standardized testing in general is bullshit. It is more a metric of the teachers than the students, honestly.

they are in a no win situation. I think baseball has the same issue. 80% of the players are Latin and 75% of them do not speak English. much harder for a little kid to be a fan

How do you determine acedemic competence without some form of standardized testing? Looking purely at grades?

Math and science are whiteboy colonizer subjects

aztec counting systems and ebonics should be taught instead

The University of California voted earlier today to eliminate SAT/ACT scores in college admissions due to concerns that they are unfair to poor, blacks, and Hispanics.

Seems like an easy way to "enhance diversity" and avoid lawsuits when Asians with superior credentials are discriminated against.

Only a matter of time

5509d60069bedd1722ca3573

I don't know if I agree with them getting rid of those test, however certain groups of people were set back over 400 yrs in America in education . The other group obviously took advantage of this for the 400yrs.

Also going to college is not for everyone, and alot of the major fortune 500 companies are moving away from got my people with degrees and people who actually have experience in their fields.

Wow! 2009 is right around the corner, too...

This is TOTALLY different. Pro golf is a for-profit business. Goal is to maximize profit. They have analyzed how to achieve this.

Only a matter of time

5509d60069bedd1722ca3573

I don't know if I agree with them getting rid of those test, however certain groups of people were set back over 400 yrs in America in education . The other group obviously took advantage of this for the 400yrs.

Also going to college is not for everyone, and alot of the major co

Only a matter of time

5509d60069bedd1722ca3573

Good, get rid of it. Some of our great minds didn't even go to college lol.

How do you determine acedemic competence without some form of standardized testing? Looking purely at grades?
I worked with a teacher that used to pat herself on the back because she gave out As to everyone.

Likewise, I have worked with two teachers who simply refused to give anyone As. Literally, the highest grades they gave were Bs.

If only there was a way to determine how capable those students were.

Last edited:

Also going to college is not for everyone, and alot of the major co

Dumb people always have a million excuses for why they score poorly. It's mental gymnastics to buttress the hit to their ego. There's decades of psychology research on intelligence testing, it's one of the most studied predictors of future performance and it remains accurate over decades. There's very few tools that can do that. Any kind of aggregate score that shows you a snapshot of a person's performance over a long period of time and in a variety of situations can give you an idea of their intelligence and willingness to work e.g. high school performance, GPA, etc. There's no point debating with ordinary people about it because they don't even have the capacity to comprehend these concepts, have never read research in their lives, don't care, are not rational people in any way, etc. Dumb people are aggravating on a number of levels. With intelligent peers, there are issues too though. Big egos, making their education the central part of their identity, trying to use their identity to support bullshit arguments (appeal to authority) e.g. "I'm a scientist!" followed by "Insert unrelated fallacious argument in a field they're not trained in". There's a big humility shortage among many masters / PhD holders.

When we're talking about "hidden gems" among the poor, we're talking about soft barriers e.g. the family is checked out or dysfunctional, the child is unmotivated or lacks self-confidence in applying for harder universities, etc. Basically you have trouble getting the hidden gem into the door. But when you do get them in the door and you test them, they should test well. If they don't perform well, they're not a "hidden gem" at all - just another ghetto kid. In the ghetto, dumb and dysfunctional people reproduce from generation to generation. It's not realistic to expect one generation to suddenly be geniuses; intelligence is mostly hereditary. Usually you'll find your minority geniuses among legal immigrant families, the parents are exceptional in one way or another because they managed to be accepted by the stringent US immigration system. Usually they'll be university educated, or at least very hardworking and determined.

Back