Social United Nations: "AI's female voice assistants fuel sexist gender stereotypes"

Curiously awaiting their next revealing study on the effects of electrolytes.

Just another culture war distraction to entertain the masses. *sigh*

So true.

I know a guy who switches to the male voice before asking for directions. Just to be safe.
I think all A.I. should emulate one's mother-in-law. The ultimate revenge on male patriarchy !

Are they supposed to sound like a raging bull dyke getting screwed ?!

the appropriate response to the womxn who wrote this shite is, i believe;

giphy.gif

I approve. A manly voice is better mansplaining. It’s 2019 you dinosaurs, trannies are wrestling @WarDosAnjos daughter at state championships.

U.N. >Digitized female voices oppress women.
Also U.N. >Millions of Islamic men should be permitted to migrate to Europe.

<2>

Well, all I can say is that's pretty fucking stupid. The reason women's voices are used is because (from what I understand) people, men and women, tend to pay more attention.

According to some other dude on the internet,
"The female voice is actually more complex than the male voice, due to differences in the size and shape of the vocal cords and larynx between women and men, and also due to women having greater natural `melody´ in their voices.. This causes a more complex range of sound frequencies than in a male voice."

"When a man hears a female voice the auditory section of his brain is activated, which analyses the different sounds in order to `read´ the voice and determine the auditory face."

"When men hear a male voice the part of the brain that processes the information is towards the back of the brain and is colloquially known as the `mind´s eye´. This is the part of the brain where people compare their experiences to themselves, so the man is comparing his own voice to the new voice to determine gender."

"This research could also explain why female voices are considered to be clearer then male voices. This could be linked to the fact that female voices are interpreted in the auditory part of the brain, and are therefore more easily decoded."

Let it be said, if people are speaking to each other in a way that indicates women should be subservient to men, they ought to be disdained for the knuckle-draggers they are. That goes for any drooling moron that gets that into his head from AI assistants as well as for the far more likely reason that their parents were like that.

Its because every man alive has given someone bad directions rather than admit they don't know.

I have people probably still out there looking for their destination.

Hahaha, that's fucked up, man!

I hope you didn't direct them to the ghetto side of town.

Its common sci-fi sense

Female AI, fun and helpful assistant.

Male AI, prone to malfunction and murder.

Oh how the table has turned, despite the female AI logic being undeniable.

Its common sci-fi sense

Female AI, fun and helpful assistant.

Male AI, prone to malfunction and murder.

AM was specifically said to beMale. And very prone to murder.

This is the 2nd idiotic story ive seen like this today. The first one is special snowflakes protesting the signal to walk at intersections. Because the stickman is white.

weren't a bunch of these guys getting their rape on not too long ago?

Eh... By default Cortana was set as an Australian woman due to my language and location settings, but I had to change it back to the generic American accent because the Australian one made it sound too much like a human.
Never even occurred to me to change it to a bloke though.

Meanwhile the UN Women organization is advocating for women's sport to be taken over by mediocre male athletes who claim to "feel" like a woman:

Their conflation of trans and intersex is a deliberate attempt to muddy the waters.

Back