Unfortunately perhaps, but Conor likely champion by the end of the year

He's not far from looking like Tony and Cerrone out there. All that partying and imbibing has aged him faster. He has already looked slower, stiff and chinny in last couple of fights.

Firstly Poirier likely beats Mcgregor again.

Secondly there is Gaethje, Chandler and Beneil all now ahead of Mcgregor and all would likely beat Conor at this point.

Thirdly you have Oliveira who looked incredibly fast and accurate and has impeccable ground skills. Now that’s a horrible fight for the ageing, slower Irishman.

Mcgregor needs to build some wins at his level.
Possible winnable fights being Diaz, Ferguson, RDA, Hooker and Felder.

Oh and lastly he needs to avoid Islam as a loss against Makhachev would probably be the very worst thing that could happen to Conor and send him into a spiral of self doubt, drug use and irrational behavior.

The fact is that Mcgregor is on the slide and was partying too hard whilst those around him in the rankings were grinding hard.

You are absolutely right about the guys theoretically ahead of Conor ..... theoretically, because if he beats Dustin I’d say Dana absolutely fast tracks him directly to a title shot.

Oliveira was game and didn't fold, congratulations and it's a deserved perseverance to success story from very difficult beginnings - but I think there are still question marks over him and was almost finished in the first ... IMO Chandler would be champ right now if he played it smarter after he had him hurt.

So, unfortunately perhaps, but Conor could likely be champion again by the end of the year.

He has a strong record of adjustment and victory in rematches, so he might very well win against Poirer in summer, meaning an autumn gifted title shot against Oliveira who is a reasonably good stylistic matchup for Conor.

If he was to become champion again it would be both amazing and totally insufferable at the same time.

One thing for sure is that the UFC will give him a TS at the slightest excuse. In this case this excuse means actually winning a fight for once.

But I don't mind. He'll gas himself in the second and get choked/KOed again, retire amd come back. I just hope that there are not too many trash cycles left in him.

Conor isn't hungry or motivated anymore. Hard to get out of bed when you got silk sheets.

Back