Unfortunately, Ferguson is done

The UFC shouldn't offer him any fight for 10 to 12 months. He needs to really clear his head and not have any training camps for a while. Let his body fully recover.

Well, he got older. I think the knee injury really fucked his career. Also, the beating Justin gave him.
Judging from his current state, doesn’t say much about how he WOULD have fared against Khabib. Before the injury he was a beast and had a good chance.
today, not so much.

I think it will make sense for him to fight conor after the lose in the trilogy. But they unfortunately will do a nate trilogy for the mother fucking tomatoes cans belt after he will also lose.

Horrendous leg injury was the nail in the coffin.

He hasnt looked the same since. I noticed an immediate difference in the Pettis fight.

Tony has elite tdd, he will scramble and sprawl!! If he gets taken down Elbows from guard!!!!

To say he's done is not only wrong but also very disrespectful. The dude has fought only killers in their prime in his last three fights. Two of them top notch bjj guys, one of them with perhaps the best bjj game in the UFC today, and took them both to decisions. And he almost took out Gaethje. When you're done you have nothing to show for and definately has.

Last edited:
Horrendous leg injury was the nail in the coffin.

He hasnt looked the same since. I noticed an immediate difference in the Pettis fight.

This idiot has me on ignore because we always went back and forward about Khabib v Tony

I told him Khabib would smash him and the minute Tony got beat he put Me on ignore

<36>

I wanted him to win but wasn't confident beforehand. Literally when fight started didn't think he was moving well and would lose. Reminded me little of Chuck Liddel facing Tito 3rd time where you could see he wasn't moving right. Not that I am saying Tony is that far gone of course.

To say he's done is not only wrong but also very disrespectful. The dude has fought only killers in their prime in his last three fights. Two of them top notch bjj guys, one of them with perhaps the best bjj game in the UFC today, and took them both to decisions. And he almost took out Gaethje. When you're done you have nothing to show for and definately has.
It's completely accurate. He's lost 6 rounds in a row and was barely competitive.

He's obviously a very good fighter, but I've never understood the hype and why people seem to think he had anything for Khabib. The guy was controlled on the ground by Kevin Lee, and was fortunate that Lee gassed and allowed him to get the triangle. Most of Tony's best wins were not dominant performances either. Even when he beat Pettis, he was dropped in that fight and was losing until he wasn't. His main strength has always been his toughness/ability to recover, accompanied by his amazing cardio. Sure, his BJJ is great, but he has no takedown defence, and we've now seen at least 3 guys control him with ease from the top, all of whom have lesser top-control skill than Khabib (Lee, Charles, Dariush).

I like Tony, and I'd have liked to see him win his last couple of fights, but I'm not convinced he ever had anything for Khabib, and I'd expect even Poirier and Conor to beat him as well.

It happens to all fighters eventually, if not then Dan Severn would still be champ

Back