Unfortunately, Ferguson is done

Alexnotonfire

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
You can argue all you want, but, unfortunately, Ferguson is done. He was moving terribly, his stand-up was painful to watch.

How was he going to beat Khabib? He doesn't have takedown defense. Whereas previously it was disappointing that their fight didn't take place, now it's clear that there would have been no intrigue in it.
He's even worse loudmouth than McGregor. At least Conor accomplished something.

You can argue all you want, but, unfortunately, Ferguson is done. He was moving terribly, his stand-up was painful to watch.

How was he going to beat Khabib? He doesn't have takedown defense. Whereas previously it was disappointing that their fight didn't take place, now it's clear that there would have been no intrigue in it.
He's even worse loudmouth than McGregor. At least Conor accomplished something.

His mind caught up to his body

Well yeah, he’s entering Woodley territory. Has barely won a round over his past 3 fights. He’s not competitive with the top guys anymore
TruDat......

he is wore out and broke...
he is one of those who,unfortunately is a Lot TOUGHER than Durable...

Father Time is unbeaten and untied. Ferguson is 37 with a lot of hard mileage. Then throw in the beating he absorbed vs. Gaethje, which was the worst I've ever seen in MMA. Why that fight did not get stopped much earlier was criminal by the referee IMO. If the referee wouldn't stop it in time, Ferguson's team should have thrown in the towel rather than let him absorb undefended bombs.

His fighting style is so weird i can’t tell if he’s just different or totally done.

I like the guy but he’s not making any progress so to speak plus his body is quite beaten.

Watching that made me sad. I think after fighting, Tony’s personal life will likely go in a downward spiral. Really wishing the best for him after fighting.. thanks for the wars Tony.

Translation:

A fighter that was once considered a threat the the champion is not any more. That's why they fight. At this point, Tony would not likely have a snowball's chance in hell of beating Khabib. He was at his most dangerous before the NY cable incident. After that, I think we were being more romantic about him beating Khabib than realistic.

Too bad Vanatta has dropped down a weight class as that's the level of fight Tony should be at going forward, and the rematch would be interesting. If he chooses to fight out his contract, he needs to be matched up with sub top-20 standup guys from here on out. His name on a card is still a draw of sorts.

He won’t even admit it to himself, he still thinks he’ll fight khabib.

Ferguson is the type of guy who...who. .. "who am i, what am i doing here " - Tony

Back