Unfazed Hendricks while being destroyed. He has some problem or was just outclassed ?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Metallicalabran, Feb 6, 2016.

?

What do you think? We saw a 100% Hendricks? the best to date?

1. 100% Hendricks, he was just outclassed by a better fighter, thats why he looked so different.

2. 70-90% Hendricks, he was a bad Hendricks, but wonderboy did his part too, he was great

3. 50-70% Hendricks, he looked just BEYOND bad, like didnt even tried, HE HAS PROBLEMS

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Metallicalabran

Metallicalabran Don't be scared homie!

(This is not a thread to take anything from wonderboy amazing victory. He is more charismatic than Hendricks, he is younger, his fights are much more entertaining. And FOR SURE, his fight against Lawler gonna be much better than the Hendricks one, I think he even gonna win).

BUT.....

Hendricks has been in some wars before, he know how to survive while being hurt and tired (remember his fight against Lawler).

He is a high level wrestler too, we saw him better than GSP in that department even. He has takedown everyman he has faced before. And always being COMPETITIVE against guys like GSP, Condit and Lawler, both in striking and wrestling. He is a HIGH LEVEL FIGHTER.

BUT AGAINST WONDERBOY:

- He didnt throw his left hand with danger, I think not even once (maybe one time)

- He tried the takedown ONCE. And not again, not even when he was against the fence being brutalized.

- HOW MANY PUNCHES he even throw? not land, just throw.

WTF man, he was in a war with Lawler, extremely tired and managed to survive using single leg takedown, or trying at least.

Most perturbing thing? He was unfazed. He was in the post fight interview like "you know man, he was better tonight, thats all". Was he even trying?

To me he was or SICK, or UNMOTIVATED, or the USADA DIET really shook him. He has some problem. He didnt look at all like the man who become champion and gave GSP a WAR! who much people think he won.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    tenniswhiz likes this.
  2. ShoopNazi

ShoopNazi Purple Belt

He was carrying a sickness called "not-very-good-itis".

3. raconnor

raconnor Rebawk Belt

he got wrecked. simple as that. 70% of the time during the post fight interview he was mentally trying to come up with excuses to talk about tomorrow so that's probably why he didn't say much

4. B0ZZ

B0ZZ Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I'm a little too buzzed to read all that , although I'm sure it's captivating, but maybe Hendricks is feeling USADAs pull? Didn't GSP claim that?

Metallicalabran likes this.
  5. Bearknuckle

Bearknuckle Brown Belt

He shouldnt have spent time lifting tires and carryinga ton of weights. He shouldve learned to strike or throw a kick or a feint for once.

6. Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest

NO JUST, FUCKING NO. Dont create excuses for him. He already has plenty of his own.

7. CJohnny

CJohnny Black Belt

He looked bored before the fight

Hendricks used to be a happy dude before his fights. Now he looks like he doesn't care

I feel bad for him, he got robbed twice and maybe he lost his motivation

dildos, Glove and Metallicalabran like this.
  8. Sosua

Sosua Yeah nah

Accuracy is a bitch

9. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Playoff Mode.

He looked smaller, but I don't think Hendricks has been prepared for a guy like Wonderboy.

He started getting all flowy and Hendricks looked slow and predictable. Like he was stuck fighting in a video game engine from 2 generations ago, and Wonderboy was whipping out new movements and attacks he never saw before.

10. Metallicalabran

Metallicalabran Don't be scared homie!

lol probably something like that

he fought Lawler, GSP, Condit, all those guy had great striking, and Hendricks NEVER LOOKED AWFUL AGAINST THEM.

Winning or losing he was ALWAYS COMPETITIVE.

Againts wonderboy he WAS NOT EVEN COMPETITIVE, he was just completely outclassed and destroyed.

That looked really weird to me. I know wonderboy is outstanding but Hendricks had fought outstanding guys before and was competitive.

B0ZZ likes this.
  11. Wolf Of Sherdog

Wolf Of Sherdog Spinning & Winning Sh*t Professional Fighter

According to the press conferance his training partners didnt mimic wonderboy good enough. Lmao.. Seriously what an asshole blaming the guys helping him prepare. Never champ again

12. Post Crisis

Post Crisis Professional Shit-poster

Hendricks thinks that if he doesn't really try, he can't truly fail.

Electabuzz and Metallicalabran like this.
  13. B0ZZ

B0ZZ Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Exactly man.

14. BALLERSTATUSMCG

BALLERSTATUSMCG Banned Banned

Hendricks is a nice guy... but he is not that good and GSP would DESTROY him if they ever fought again

15. Reaperman

Reaperman Brown Belt

Wonder boy just had him completely guessing and totally confused. Johnny never got comfortable on the feet at all, and Wonderboy was throwing a range of strikes from all different angles. Hendricks was lost in there......

16. cherryzero

cherryzero Purple Belt

Styles make fights and he was just completely unprepared to deal with a fighter like Thompson.

17. The Mookster

The Mookster Green Belt

people are going to get mad but Wonderboy is on another level of striking. He has been striking since Hendricks was wrestling. On his striking alone wonderboy steamrolled people. Matt Brown showed that he had holes in his game and now Wonderboy is tightening those holes up and looking phenomenal and that's what we've been seeing lately. Unfortunately I think he's going to run head first into Damien Maia who is going to get a takedown and finish wonderboy but IMO Wonderboy beats everybody else in the division, his three hardest fights being Lawler, Condit, and Rory

jluc and Metallicalabran like this.
  18. The Mookster

The Mookster Green Belt

I could be wrong about Maia though, if Wonderboy can stifle Hendricks he may be able to do the same to Maia

19. ShoopNazi

ShoopNazi Purple Belt

maybe instead of thinking about wonderboy he was thinking wonderbread?

20. Jin Akutsu

Jin Akutsu Gengar Belt Platinum Member

I was thinking the same thing, solid post.

SuperNerd likes this.