Unexpected fun fights and unexpected boring fights of 2014.

FMAxBoxing

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Which fights in 2014 did you not expect to enjoy watching and which fights where you thought it was going to be exciting ended up being boring?

My picks.

Unexpected fun fights:

Machida vs Weidman: I thought it was either Weidman grinding his way to a UD or Sub/TKO or Machida using his elusiveness to gain the UD or KO/TKO, I didnt expect a war coming from this fight.

Unexpected boring fights:

RDA vs Nate Diaz: I thought this would have been a fun fight for some reason, but just ended up being a one sided drubbing. Felt so letdown as a Diaz fan which seems to be the story nowadays.

Only the last two rounds of Machida vs Weidman were "fun"

Just like the 3rd round of Sanchez vs Melendez

I expected more from Lombard against Burkman. The fight was very bizarre.

Edit: misread the year

Edgar was very impressive against Cub. I expected a decision.

Unexpected fun fight: Rosa/Siver

Unexpected boring fight: Castillo/Ferguson.

i defy anyone to disagree with Kazuki Tokudome vs Yui Chul Nam

I Expected Aldo vs Mendes II to be a boring Aldo UD, but it was probably the best fight of 2014

And Lawler vs Hendricks II was all over again, i didn't liked at all, and i don't wanna a third fight now.

Unexpected fun fight: Rosa/Siver

Unexpected boring fight: Castillo/Ferguson.

I thought Castillo/Ferguson was pretty fun, but only cause of Ferguson.

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I'm drunk right now and just thought of it. Underrated fight in 2014- Shinsho Anzia vs Alberto Mina. Go watch that fight right now if you haven't seen it

I thought Castillo/Ferguson was pretty fun, but only cause of Ferguson.

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I'm drunk right now and just thought of it. Underrated fight in 2014- Shinsho Anzia vs Alberto Mina. Go watch that fight right now if you haven't seen it

I dunno, maybe it's because that was the fight I thought would be an easy FOTN, but it was more frustrating than anything. Ferguson nearly lost that one because he kept being too fancy with his ground game.

Underrated fight I enjoyed was Guida vs Bermudez... I thought Clay would just run and Beemudez wouldn't be able to catch him.

Overrated fights was Hendricks vs Lawler 2...that fight sucked

Hendricks vs Lawler sucked when compared to their first meeting, well apart from the two minutes that Lawler actually fought.

Miller vs Cerrone was exciting, I expected Miller to try and grind Cerrone, but that didn't work at all + he got head kicked for it.

Back