Economy Unemployment could hit 32%... 47 million lost jobs

You have a timeline for these people who are losing everything some would like to know since you’re so wise.

Didn't you hear? Losing your job, business and what else doesn't ruin lives. You can just get with the program and start over. It's almost like a huge reset button so everybody ends up equal - wiping your ass with leaves and eating leaves.

Didn't you hear? Losing your job, business and what else doesn't ruin lives. You can just get with the program and start over. It's almost like a huge reset button so everybody ends up equal - wiping your ass with leaves and eating leaves.

Cue Matt Serra. It's the same response just from the opposite of the spectrum. Cute how you can't see that.

and?

In 2018 just for America, there were 36,000 deaths from the flu. Flu season is 13 weeks approximate. So ehh 3-4 months let’s call it 36,000 deaths.

and this you just stated 12,000 deaths in 3 months?

Based on your numbers Compared to regular flu season we should self isolate and shut down the economy every year.

Thanks for making my point. I feel bad because I’m living rent free in your head like all these tenants who aren’t paying rent because we shut the economy down

Flu kills that many when we do nothing whatsoever. Most humans have some level of immunity built in.

Nobody is immune to COVID-2, and it is insanely contagious. There are singular people that have been suspected of infecting 10+ in their presence in the course of a few hours. We would have 300+ million infections in USA without the shutdown. Nobody can just hang around infected people and avoid infection. 3-6 million deaths before it's all said and done.

I get sick of these arguments. The only way to explain things to your satisfaction would be to let everything happen and say aha I told you so, look at those 5 million dead people, aha I got you. But we have decided to avoid several million projected deaths.

Cue Matt Serra. It's the same response just from the opposite of the spectrum. Cute how you can't see that.

You're the one who said start over, cute how you can't see that there are unseen costs of life to this.

You're the one who said start over, cute how you can't see that there are unseen costs of life to this.
Somebody made a statement that people die and that's life. I made a statement that money can be regained and businesses can start over new. Both are facts. This whole Covid-19 is a lose-lose situation. Either you care about money or you care about people's lives and health. It's really simple. Personally I find issue with people placing $ signs on what a human life is worth or the quality of a human life. Life cannot be regained. Once dead you're dead. Once you have permanent lung damage it's over for you. We'll find out how serious this pandemic is in due time. Until then precautions need to be taken.

Somebody made a statement that people die and that's life. I made a statement that money can be regained and businesses can start over new. Both are facts. This whole Covid-19 is a lose-lose situation. Either you care about money or you care about people's lives and health. It's really simple. Personally I find issue with people placing $ signs on what a human life is worth or the quality of a human life. Life cannot be regained. Once dead you're dead. Once you have permanent lung damage it's over for you. We'll find out how serious this pandemic is in due time. Until then precautions need to be taken.
What about the rise of suicides for people who lose everything?

What about the rise of suicides for people who lose everything?
I feel deeply terrible for the people losing their asses off this ordeal. Ultimately though suicide is a choice. Nobody has to kill themselves.

I feel deeply terrible for the people losing their asses off this ordeal. Ultimately though suicide is a choice. Nobody has to kill themselves.

...lolz @ this logic.

it's a choice! govt shutdowns of business? it was people's choice! oh, wait. these forced lockdowns? choice!

Doctors shouldn’t control our economy. And Trumps major fuckup was handing over control of the economy to doctors.

Everyone below 65 without preexisting conditions should be at work. Except in a few spots such as New York.

Doctors shouldn’t control our economy. And Trumps major fuckup was handing over control of the economy to doctors.

Everyone below 65 without preexisting conditions should be at work. Except in a few spots such as New York.

If we did that then everyplace would be like New York

...lolz @ this logic.

it's a choice! govt shutdowns of business? it was people's choice! oh, wait. these forced lockdowns? choice!

Who said that? Are you retarded? What do you not understand about suicide is a choice? The definition of suicide is pretty self-explanatory.

Who said that? Are you retarded? What do you not understand about suicide is a choice?

yeah, people definitely can't be forced/coerced into it. and definitely not by a govt stepping in and ruining their lives. there's just no way.

yeah, people definitely can't be forced/coerced into it. and definitely not by a govt stepping in and ruining their lives. there's just no way.
Covid-19 is a lose-lose situation like I've stated at least twice already. People's lives are going to be ruined any which way you slice the situation.

Nobody is forced into suicide. It's not suicide at that point, it's murder.

Covid-19 is a lose-lose situation like I've stated at least twice already. People's lives are going to be ruined any which way you slice the situation.

Nobody is forced into suicide. It's not suicide at that point, it's murder.

i'm confused, as that was basically my point. you seemed to be in disagreement.

i'm confused, as that was basically my point. you seemed to be in disagreement.
People don't get to choose to get Covid-19 and either die, lose loved ones, or receive permanent damage from the virus. People also don't get to choose not to lose their homes, businesses, or livelihoods due to a government shutdown. It's a terrible ordeal all the way around. At the end though if you're alive you can make money again. There is no resolution for you if you are dead. When talking about the lesser of the two evils it's better to try to keep the innocents from death or permanent health injury. Life and the quality thereof is more important than $$$$$.

Last edited:
lol that's not forcing you to kill yourself, that's a personal choice by someone weak.

People don't get to choose to get Covid-19 and either die, lose loved ones, or receive permanent damage from the virus. People also don't get to choose not to lose their homes, businesses, or livelihoods due to a government shutdown. It's a terrible ordeal all the way around. At the end though if you're alive you can make money again. There is no resolution for you if you are dead. When talking about the lesser of the two evils it's better to keep the innocents from death or permanent health injury. Life and the quality thereof is more important than $$$$$.

i'd disagree and argue that choice/situations swing this to the other side. especially in this situation, where we're destined to repeat the scenario since it's a highly contagious pandemic that can not be contained at this point. i'd rather let people (who want to, ie: me) get exposed and roll the dice (seems to be a 99.8% of recovery and 99.9+% chance of recovery with no permanent damage) to have choice and likely develop immunity (assuming i'm not already immune)

lol that's not forcing you to kill yourself, that's a personal choice by someone weak.

yeah, ok. /s
just as i'm not forced to stay inside, i'm merely choosing to not violate an order from the govt under threat of arrest/fines/worse... wtf is duress, amirite?

i'd disagree and argue that choice/situations swing this to the other side. especially in this situation, where we're destined to repeat the scenario since it's a highly contagious pandemic that can not be contained at this point. i'd rather let people (who want to, ie: me) get exposed and roll the dice (seems to be a 99.8% of recovery and 99.9+% chance of recovery with no permanent damage) to have choice and likely develop immunity (assuming i'm not already immune)

yeah, ok. /s
just as i'm not forced to stay inside, i'm merely choosing to not violate an order from the govt under threat of arrest/fines/worse... wtf is duress, amirite?
It's fine if one or a few people want to roll the dice. It's irresponsible to let everybody have the choice to roll the dice. People would be unnecessarily put further at risk than they already are. It would also cause an unnecessary workload on the healthcare industry. If millions were infected at the same time that could have catastrophic results. There were videos of people dropping dead on the streets before China scrubbed them off the net. We don't have enough data at this point in time to determine accurate statistics regarding death rates, permanent injury, recovery, etc.. Common sense tells me that if worldwide governments are putting their citizens on lockdown and accepting the economic destruction then this is something serious and to not be taken lightly.

yeah, ok. /s

Good, so if you choose to not kill yourself, what threat/arrest/fines are the government imposing on you? Stupid comparison, it's a choice to kill yourself no matter how you want to spin it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back