underrated P4P guys throughout history

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd say the P4P timeline was Royce, Frank, BJ, GSP, Fedor, Anderson, Aldo, Jones, henry, Khabib.
But there's been other really good P4P guys throughout history who don't get enough respect.

Big Nog was actually considered #1 p4p for abt 4 years until Fedor beat him! Very underrated imo ppl just didn't watch then.

Bas Rutten-- probably one of the most underrated fighters of all time

Might Mouse---Henry always struggled to make 125...DJ made is easy and tho he did lose, it was a split decision very close fight.

any other guys?

I know I'm going to sound stupid suggesting him, but at the time before the TJ fight people forget how good Barao looked.

TJ took his soul completely but before that he really looked like he was going to dominate for years.

I know I'm going to sound stupid suggesting him, but at the time before the TJ fight people forget how good Barao looked.

TJ took his soul completely but before that he really looked like he was going to dominate for years.
Barao was ranked #1 P4P before the TJ fight. He did look unstoppable.

Barao was ranked #1 P4P before the TJ fight. He did look unstoppable.

Oh yeah I know I meant I'd sound stupid more to the guys who didn't see that Barao complete. If you looked at his record now it would tell a different story to casual fans.

Matt Hughes, dude had a crazy record with BJ as the lone blemish during his heyday. So, during that sweet spot between the 2nd BJ fight and the 2nd GSP fight, he had some rock solid p4p credentials.

Another good one tho he did lose to Hansen a bunch of times and Pele took his head off, other than that, he was a beast

When Assuncao was 27-5 with wins over Masvidal and TJ I thought he could have deserved a higher shine. Dunno bout P4P though .

Baaro is a good one, but the guy who beat him, TJ is even better. Forgot abt him

EPO is a helluva drug.

Relatedly, I don't think Dominick Cruz gets the respect he deserves. If it weren't for the multitude of his injuries, he could've been the #1 GOAT. To come back the way he did and beat a roided up Killashaw after such a long layoff is insane. Then, he rounds out his trilogy with Faber right afterwards (Faber was on the decline, but still very dangerous), meaning that by that point, he was the BW champ who had twice avenged his only loss. That's the stuff of P4P GOATs.

When Assuncao was 27-5 with wins over Masvidal and TJ I thought he could have deserved a higher shine. Dunno bout P4P though .

Shit son, I didn't know he fought Masvidal, that's pretty insane.

Assuncao definitely should have had a title shot at some point. If he retired tomorrow he'd be in the discussion of one of the best guys to not fight for a title.

Shit son, I didn't know he fought Masvidal, that's pretty insane.

Assuncao definitely should have had a title shot at some point. If he retired tomorrow he'd be in the discussion of one of the best guys to not fight for a title.

Yeah agreed, he's fought a bunch of tough bastards in his last few fights and he's 38.

6 of his last 8 fights have included: TJ Dillashaw(L), Cody Garbrandt(L), Moraesx2(1W1L) Sandhagen(L), and Aljamain Sterling(W).
Dudes clearly not afraid to fight the best.

You cannot be comfortable writing "abt" and "ppl" instead of about & people?

What the fuck (WTF) is wrong with you?

Similarly, for watchers of the WEC days, Miguel Torres
<5>

Seems laughable in retrospect, but a snapshot of his career at one point in time was incredible:
Debuted with a 20-0 win streak in 26 months, dropped a decision to some guy named Ryan Ackerman after 18 months inactive, then went on another 17 win streak where he subbed Ackerman in the first round, became WEC champ, and defended the belt 3 times. So he was 37-1 with 31 finishes, avenged his only loss, and was a defending champ under Zuffa. All within 9 years.

Last edited:
Similarly, for watchers of the WEC days, Miguel Torres
<5>

Seems laughable in retrospect, but a snapshot of his career at one point in time was incredible:
Debuted with a 20-0 win streak in 26 months, dropped a decision to some guy named Ryan Ackerman after 18 months inactive, then went on another 17 win streak where he subbed Ackerman in the first round, became WEC champ, and defended the belt 3 times. So he was 37-1 with 31 finishes, avenged his only loss, and was a defending champ under Zuffa. All within 9 years.

Dude was insane back in his prime and it's kind of shame that the UFC took over the division after his reign. Torres was a beast up until he ran into Brian Bowles

Back