Underrated chins?

Cpt Migraine

Never out of likes..
@red
Reaction score
Was some time since i saw this thread and i see some new users..

Who has an underrated chin? Who took some bad shots with little cred?

I'll start with pettis, he fought a lot of bad dudes and took some serious shots..

Barbarena - got ko'd last fight but he's survived and thrived on being able to take punishment..

Toughest in the Game

giphy.gif

GSP. He got tkoed once by a shot to the ear that screwed up his equilibrium and people acted like his chin was garbage for years after. Even when Condit and Hendricks hit him with the sneaky high kick and power punch respectively, GSP was only a bit wobbled and never close to going unconscious.

Barboza - yeah he got stopped by Varner and rocked with a jab vs Cowboy but both those shots he didn't see coming. In the MJ, Khabib and Lee fights he showed heart and the ability to take a beating.

Lamas hasn't really been stopped with strikes apart from Emmet and Mendes - no shame in that.

Cub Swanson

RDA

Probably chael. Never hear his name in the chin category but he did a good job for awhile.

Ferg..Narrative is he gets dropped every fight. Only Lando was genuinely close to stopping him to strikes.

18 fights under UFC banner, only been on bambi legs 1 time, and never been stopped.

I would like to mention khabib. His last opponent said he had a glass jaw and he was gonna break it and khabib managed to stand with him take all he's got and beat him.

And Anderson Silva. I have seen him knocked out and thought he will be again but in his last fight and at his age he really surprised me.

So two example imo. 1 with an opponent underrating a chin and another where I was underrating somebody's chin.

Not popular but Conor has an iron chin. That shot Khabib landed puts 98% of LW fighters out cold. A heavy overhand right that you don't even see coming.

Not popular but Conor has an iron chin. That shot Khabib landed puts 98% of LW fighters out cold. A heavy overhand right that you don't even see coming.
STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Cowboy????????
I would actually agree with that hes taken big shots to the head he just panics when crisp boxing is thrown down the center pipe he panicks and that allows him to get dropped. But hes taken MANY bombs and didn’t get stunned by especially for how often and long hes been fighting he definitely has a underrated chin.
The alvarez and diaz fights are good examples

I would actually agree with that hes taken big shots to the head he just panics when crisp boxing is thrown down the center pipe he panicks and that allows him to get dropped. But hes taken MANY bombs and didn’t get stunned by especially for how often and long hes been fighting he definitely has a underrated chin.
The alvarez and diaz fights are good examples
How about curling up in a ball after one good shot by Till? Freezing after being hit with a 3 piece by Nate? Getting knocked out twice in one fight by Jorge?

Back