Underized HWs like DC and Fedor are the divisions GOATs. So how does Jones struggles?

Rajon Rondo

Can you even see my profile picture?
Banned
Reaction score
I heard the arguments. Jones gets beat at HW because the fighters there are more taller and stronger than LHW opponents. And we all know Jones won't have his size advantage at HW even though he fucking destroyed Bonnar who is a HW. Beat OSP who is a HW. Beat DC who is one of the best heavyweights ever.

How does Jon Jones get beat by guys in a division when a smaller midget DC was dominating the division?

Like honestly, does size even matter in this division. Most of you pick an undersized HW in Fedor as the divisions GOAT because he was crushing bigger opponents. Imagine that, a small opponent running through a division where apparently Jon Jones gets KTTO

<JonesDXSuckIt>

I don't know. I can see scenarios where he's incredibly successful or finally loses. I'm more curious about who he fights and what he does once he meets adversity or actually loses. Either way, I want to find out.

I think you're missing the main thing people are talking about. Jones lacks KO power compared to most LHWs and more opponents at HW can KO him with one shot.

I’m one of the biggest Jones haters alive and I see him being a complete monster at HW. I think his frame will build well and he’ll toss people around in the clinch like his glory days. It pains me to say as I think he’s a giant piece of shit but Jon is going to wreck HW. His only struggle would have been DC (Jon was very vocal about wanting no part of DC at HW).

I heard the arguments. Jones gets beat at HW because the fighters there are more taller and stronger than LHW opponents. And we all know Jones won't have his size advantage at HW even though he fucking destroyed Bonnar who is a HW. Beat OSP who is a HW. Beat DC who is one of the best heavyweights ever.

How does Jon Jones get beat by guys in a division when a smaller midget DC was dominating the division?

Like honestly, does size even matter in this division. Most of you pick an undersized HW in Fedor as the divisions GOAT because he was crushing bigger opponents. Imagine that, a small opponent running through a division where apparently Jon Jones gets KTTO

<JonesDXSuckIt>

A theory often floated is that Jon has relied on his height/reach advantage against other LHW to keep his dominance. Going to HW nullifies that. DC and Fedor being undersized in a division meant that they learned from early on to employ other tactics.

Calling Bonnar and OSP HWs because they fought unsuccessfully at that weight a coupla times is silly and disingenuous. As to DC, see: height/reach advantage

Last edited:
I think Jones will be fine but I do have questions on what his cardio and anaerobic condtioning looks like. Stipe and Fedor were always heavies at roughly the same weight. DC loves food and is used to carrying a ton of weight. The body works differently when its carrying around a lot more muscle than it's used to.

And we all know Jones won't have his size advantage at HW even though he fucking destroyed Bonnar who is a HW. Beat OSP who is a HW. Beat DC who is one of the best heavyweights ever.
If Bonnar fought at Heavyweight it must've been before he even debuted in the UFC, because for the overwhelming majority of his career he spent it at Light Heavyweight; he also has laughable knockout power.

OSP fought one time at Heavyweight and lost; he also doesn't have the knockout power of a Heavyweight.

Cormier doesn't have the frame and reach of a Heavyweight, which is the same advantage Jones has had in all of his Light Heavyweight fights.

Legitimate heavyweights are going to have an advantage in power while the differences in reach aren't going to be nearly as wide as Jones' Light Heavyweight opponents; Jones also lacks the power in his hands to earn his opponents' respect in that division. Jones wrestling has been a shell of his prime-pico-past-self, so pretending like that's going to be the equalizer is funny. The fact that Jones is putting on weight is also going to affect his speed and cardio; the former has certainly gone down these last couple of years and if the latter takes a hit because of his weight gain, he's going to perform even worse than he did against Reyes.

Either way, your thread falls apart because you cited the likes of Bonnar and OSP as heavyweight fighters <Lmaoo>.

Theyre stocky and powerul, with extra speed from being smaller.

Jones is lanky and not terribly quick, his success at LHR has been ddue to reach and height, what advantage does he have at HW? He doesnt have Fedor or DC speed, lacks power and his height reach is still strong but not as much anymore.

A younger Jones was unorthodox, freakishly strong, technical and found ways to finish fights, once he lost the explosiveness he started becoming more of a point fighter, relying more on his reach and picking his opponents apart at a distance. The times we've see him struggle has been against the larger fighters of the division, without the reach he is drawn into battles.

His offensive wrestling game has lost a step and he has never had heavy hands, DC had a lot of success at a heavyweight due to the strength of his offensive wrestling and technical boxing ability, he also had ko power so he could mix it up. Fedor had a lot more agility than most heavyweights so he had the ability to beat them to the punch or advance positions or submissions in grappling.

There are very few point fighters that compete at HW, you have to be able to finish. Jones lately, doesn't show us that but what he does continually show is durability, a extremely well rounded game and high fight IQ which I think both will serve him well moving up, if anyone can figure out the puzzle to being a consistent HW it's Jones. Its also perfect timing, with HW struggling to find young and promising contenders and the ranked contenders are former aging vets that have also, lost a lot of their athletic prowess and rely heavily on experience.

I stopped reading at DC being GOAT. Come on if anything Stipe is better than him.

Back