Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Crime Undercover agent gets 46 people arrested for drug charges with ZERO experience and ZERO evidence

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Strychnine, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:49 PM.

1. Strychnine Steel Belt

"I wrote down the information of the drug buys on my leg."

Convicted of perjury

"Coleman shut his eyes and dropped his head when the judge spoke of the seven-year prison sentence. He started to fight back tears when hearing that jurors said he could serve it on probation.

‘Punishment enough’
    John H. Read II, Coleman’s defense attorney, said probation “is punishment enough.”

But prosecutors said he deserved a harsher punishment, going into detail about the Tulia drug busts for the first time in the trial.

Coleman arrested 46 people, most of them black, in the small, mostly white farming community of Tulia. He worked alone and used no audio or video surveillance, and no drugs were ever found, but 38 defendants were convicted or reached plea deals.

Gov. Rick Perry pardoned 35 of the defendants in 2003, after an investigation into the drug cases was launched amid charges they were racially motivated. It was during the investigation that Coleman made his false statement in court.

Coleman could not be prosecuted for testimony he gave at the drug defendants’ trials because the statute of limitations had expired."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6827494/n...urts/t/texas-undercover-copconvicted-perjury/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 5:50 PM
  2. Yehudim Orange Belt

I’m 4 minutes in but why are they not interviewing him from a prison cell?

The_Renaissance, Sohei, tonni and 8 others like this.
  3. Staph infection Glue historian

That is a horrible situation but is this the right time to "rewind" a story like this? Situations like this need to be made public and those who did wrong need to be punished and those that were falsely arrested and incarcerated need to receive some sort of compensation but it seems like a story like this now is not meant to shed light on an injustice, it is meant to further fan the flames that are dividing and destroying the country.

thehighking and Fugazy like this.
  4. Strychnine Steel Belt

I didn't know about this and if it weren't for this I wouldn't've seen it. The time is always right to shine a light on injustice.

5. Texan6533 Fastest Gun in the West

Wait, so they literally had no fingerprint, video, audio, or photographic evidence and the arrests still took place?.....eeeesh.....absolutely awful

6. Staph infection Glue historian

Shedding light on injustices are right but there are times to do it and times to not do it. This country is in such a mess right now and just happening to choose to do this Rewind now is not going to suddenly right this injustice that is decades old. It is only going to create more issues and it is exactly what the media wants. They have to continue to drive home the worst so we will never come together.

7. Yehudim Orange Belt

It’s an opportunistic time but so what?

If BLM wants to use this for propaganda, it’s a good thing that they can use some legitimately frightening cases of police abuse of power like this and George Floyd instead of thugs like Mike Brown

8. Strychnine Steel Belt

In a perfect world you'd be correct. But you don't get there by adhering to timetable like that.

BEER likes this.
  9. JSN choo-CHOO! Double Yellow Card

because it’s #fakenews

brother mouzone and Yehudim like this.
  10. Yehudim Orange Belt

Based

11. Possum Jenkins Globalism Belt

What's his Sherfront nickname?

We could get him to explain his side of the story.

nicapica and Strychnine like this.
  12. Kafir-kun Fear is Freedom, Subjugation is Liberation Staff Member Senior Moderator

By Onii-chan's side, always and forever...
    Hmm, nah sorry that's a terrible way to think about it. We supposed to ignore injustice because its inconvenient? You're not necessarily saying that but this is where that thinking leads to. If anything things like this highlight the need for police reform. Do we need to be funding drug busts like this? Police should primarily be funded to deal with violent crime and property crime, BS like this needs to be scaled back big time.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 2:31 PM
  13. tramendous Silver Belt

Yes this is the perfect time because people are actually passionate about changing police malpractices. Nobody will care beyond token measures otherwise.

Colemanstove and brackis1 like this.
  14. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

Yet somehow the rightwing will have you believe there isn't a systemic problem within the US justice system. This is the tip of an iceberg. There are plenty of cases of dirty cops and District attorneys covering up , railroading innocent people and withholding exculpatory evidence.

Sohei, Strychnine and 4daLuLZ like this.
  15. Leisure_Force999 Orange Belt Platinum Member

none so glaringly obvious as the Stone and Flynn cases.
    Dirty cops

GrandNewb and brother mouzone like this.
  16. ocfightfan Gold Belt

Like a boss. 46 drug fiend criminals off the street. Nice work.

[​IMG]

17. freakroor Brown Belt

End the drug war. decriminalize everything. Make law enforcement focus on real crimes. How much more of this bullshit will the world put up with?

Drug prohibition was a direct result of corruption. xenophobia, and shady science. Plus it is unconstitutional in my opinion, interstate commerce clause be damned. What happened to the 4th amendment???

Funny how none of the 2nd amendment / gun lover crowd are sticking up for the 4th amendment quite as much. Why should i be subject to search and seizure just because i have a jar of dried flowers in my trunk, or some dried mushrooms in my freezer, or shit, even a pile of cocaine on my desk. Its my goddamn business.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 2:18 PM
  18. Texan6533 Fastest Gun in the West

I’m right wing, but I also believe police training needs to be looked at. I can also identify when individual racists create problems in a society that has righted a lot of past mistakes. I do not think the system is racist, but history must be overcome and it’s not going to be fixed by division, rioting, and playing the blame game. The Declaration of Independence and the constitution has allowed for our country to grow in certain ways, but they are both under attack at the moment which is baffling.

19. shockaholic12 Brown Belt

There are plenty of folks who are currently saying there aren’t issues with our justice system worth protesting so yeah, bringing the truth to light isn’t wrong here.

Strychnine likes this.
  20. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

The system needs a top down house cleaning and drastic change. For too long our society has given law enforcement carte blanche and always the benefit of the doubt. Our LEOs weild a lot of power with little oversight. Internal affairs is a joke, it is cops policing cops. Police unions need to be disbanded because it is hard enough as it is to hold police accountable without Unions. The D.A. offices are part of the problem. Much like how the Civil Rights era brought about real major changes, there needs to be major changes to the American justice system.