Undefeated Russian Prospect Roman Kopylov Signs with UFC

Tachy

Plutonium Belt
Forum Moderator
Reaction score

After beginning his career with eight consecutive triumphs, Russian prospect Roman Kopylov has signed with the UFC.

A 27-year-old middleweight, Kopylov is part the Rati team — also known as “Рать" — a management company based in Yekaterinburg, Russia that represents approximately 29 fighters throughout the country.

Nicknamed “The Novel,” Kopylov will reportedly make his Octagon debut at the UFC’s April 20 card in St. Petersburg, Russia. An opponent has not been named.

Before beginning his MMA career, Kopylov won multiple championships in combat sambo in Russia and Europe and was also a five-time world hand-to-hand champion. He has finished seven of his eight career MMA triumphs by knockout or technical knockout while competing for organizations such as Fight Nights Global and Absolute Championship Berkut.

Kopylov claimed the Fight Nights Global 185-pound title with a fourth-round TKO of Abdulsupyan Alikhanov in March 2018 before defending his crown with a fourth-round body-punch KO of Yasubey Enomoto this past December.
Read more at https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...lov-Signs-with-UFC-150205#griub5H4vieLhELa.99

It’s nice to see new interesting prospects in the UFC! Can’t wait to see his debut!

Nice. Middleweight needs some young blood.

Looks like he can be a real big threat for top middleweights

It seems Russian prospect Roman Kopylov has won many fights. I am looking forward to the April 20 Octagon debut in St. Petersburg. An opponent has not been named - I wonder who it will be...

It seems Russian prospect Roman Kopylov has won many fights. I am looking forward to the April 20 Octagon debut in St. Petersburg. An opponent has not been named - I wonder who it will be...
Kopylov got injured.. will be out for around 6 months

It is unfortunate that Roman Kopylov got injured. Good luck to Alen Amedovski, if that is indeed the replacement.

Back