News Undefeated featherweight fighter Joshua Culibao has signed with the UFC

Mortal Wombat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
culibao-josh-dbfc-620x400.png

Undefeated featherweight fighter Joshua Culibao has signed with the UFC and will make his debut at UFC Auckland against Jalin Turner.

Turner was originally set to face Australian Jamie Mullarkey on the card, however, Mullarkey was forced to withdraw due to injury.

Culibao, who has trained with Mullarkey in the past, steps in not only on short notice but up from his usual featherweight division to take on Turner at lightweight.

Met the guy in person and he is an absolute gentleman. Meets and greets everyone in the gym regardless of age or if it's your first time there. Always has a smile on his face. Hopefully a bright future for him.

I like Jalin Turner, I don’t want either of these guys to lose!

I like Jalin Turner, I don’t want either of these guys to lose!
Massive jump in competition for Josh but hey he is taking a unique opportunity. Thats what life is about. You get one shot. Moms spaghetti.

Massive jump in competition for Josh but hey he is taking a unique opportunity. Thats what life is about. You get one shot. Moms spaghetti.

I feel like Turner isn't as good as he looks like he should be. Winnable debut imo.

Style?
Promo vid was quite dull and didn't show much fast forwarding

Good luck to the new guy Josh Culibao!

He sounds like a really hard-working conscientious fighter, and he's young and am sure improving every week.
UFC debut in New Zealand, pretty close to his home in Oz, at a weight-class up from his normal weight, against a guy who is 6'3" tall!
Credit to the guy, I hope he pulls it off and gets a great win and starts off his UFC career with a bang.

Gotta love Aussie fighters man, they're tough as nails and I like watching them all.

ps. Emil Meek is back from a 1.5yr layoff on the same card on Feb 22nd and I'm kinda excited about that. (Sorry Jake Matthews)
VALHALLA !!!!!!!

Undefeated? What is his record, because I’m not watching a random video on a new UFC fighter? There is no reference to his record in the OP.

above, conor fought in smaller octagon than the one I spar in. Now he owns everything.
LOL @Polska! POLSKA!

Good luck to the new guy Josh Culibao!

He sounds like a really hard-working conscientious fighter, and he's young and am sure improving every week.
UFC debut in New Zealand, pretty close to his home in Oz, at a weight-class up from his normal weight, against a guy who is 6'3" tall!
Credit to the guy, I hope he pulls it off and gets a great win and starts off his UFC career with a bang.

Gotta love Aussie fighters man, they're tough as nails and I like watching them all.

ps. Emil Meek is back from a 1.5yr layoff on the same card on Feb 22nd and I'm kinda excited about that. (Sorry Jake Matthews)
VALHALLA !!!!!!!
Yeah man he is, will be interesting to see how he goes.

Undefeated? What is his record, because I’m not watching a random video on a new UFC fighter? There is no reference to his record in the OP.
8-0, 5 finishes, 3 first round ko's, although almost everyone he's fought is like 6-5-0.

He's a natural FW who hasn't beaten anyone good, really. Jalin Turner is a fucking can man, you don't get into the UFC at 7-3 unless you've fluked it on DWCS by fighting someone even more average than you and scoring a finish. Turner is now 1-2 since that fight and looks awful, but he's around 6inches taller and much bigger than Culibao who has probably not fought anyone even on Turner's rough level.

Turner, KO.

Back