Unconscious Biases

That really doesn't clear anything up for me. Who is teaching Cultural Marxism? Why are they doing so if they don't even identify as Cultural Marxists? What texts espouse the theories of Cultural Marxism? And again, isn't what you're talking about really just intersectionality?

Most of today's Progressive Left thought process is ran through with Cultural Marxism. Is it taught as Cultural Marxism? As in does someone start the day with "Here's some Cultural Marxism and here is how to apply it"? No, that doesn't happen. But what is being taught in most schools these days is clearly Cultural Marxism. And no, I don't think we're talking about intersectionality.

Most of today's Progressive Left thought process is ran through with Cultural Marxism. Is it taught as Cultural Marxism? As in does someone start the day with "Here's some Cultural Marxism and here is how to apply it"? No, that doesn't happen. But what is being taught in most schools these days is clearly Cultural Marxism. And no, I don't think we're talking about intersectionality.
"clearly Cultural Marxism"? You're taking its existence for granted but tbh you've done nothing to convince me that Cultural Marxism exists as a coherent ideology and you've avoided my more relevant questions. Again, what are some of the texts that define the theories of Cultural Marxism? How and why is it being taught and by who?

None of these specifics are ever cleared up by the critics of so called Cultural Marxism. We're all just supposed to take your word for it that it exists even though seemingly no one identifies as a Cultural Marxist and there are seemingly no foundational texts defining its theory.

Although I appreciate Jordan's insight, since he does make a few useful points when considering the ethical side of training people's perceptions, however, I can't help but look at people like him and Ben Shapiro as being better critics then they are as contributors.

For example, couldn't a person argue that any type of training that alters the perceptions of their employees is a cause for concern? Why does he so vehemently draw the line at unconscious bias training in the governmental and corporate sphere? He didn't make that point clear.

He is really passionate in the video you posted, but when you really listen to what he is saying, he doesn't really say anything of importance. Unfortunately, that video makes me see his own frailty.

Fact is that Jordan understand the science of how the human mind works and he knows about how to do scientific testing and he is a voracious reader.

So Jordan is an expert. Jordan has actually done psychological testing and etc. He is a personality psychologist.

If you don't see him saying anything of importance other than saying 1) These tests are not effective at what they claim to test 2) Even if they were successful in what they CLAIM to test there is no evidence at all that you can reprogram that via unconscious bias training.

Now, if you cannot see how those two points are very important to the OP then you have shown yourself to be a SERIOUSLY limited thinker or more likely an ideologue or a troll.

frailty -the condition of being weak and delicate, weakness in character or morals.

If you think that Peterson giving succinct and precise evidence against UBT is a sign of frailty then you either do not know what the words mean or you are not bright at all.

It depresses me that people like you exist although tearing through your pitiful posting is mildly thrilling.

Fact is that Jordan understand the science of how the human mind works and he knows about how to do scientific testing and he is a voracious reader.

So Jordan is an expert. Jordan has actually done psychological testing and etc. He is a personality psychologist.

If you don't see him saying anything of importance other than saying 1) These tests are not effective at what they claim to test 2) Even if they were successful in what they CLAIM to test there is no evidence at all that you can reprogram that via unconscious bias training.

Now, if you cannot see how those two points are very important to the OP then you have shown yourself to be a SERIOUSLY limited thinker or more likely an ideologue or a troll.

frailty -the condition of being weak and delicate, weakness in character or morals.

If you think that Peterson giving succinct and precise evidence against UBT is a sign of frailty then you either do not know what the words mean or you are not bright at all.

It depresses me that people like you exist although tearing through your pitiful posting is mildly thrilling.

The fact is, I have gone through unconscious bias training, and the insights that I learned brought wisdom to my awareness. It challenged my previous belief systems and prevented me from being biased against others.

Am I supposed to believe Jordan Peterson, his opinions, and his unsourced stats, just because he is popular; or do I believe my own experiences?

Last edited:
I don't see how brainwashing kids at a young age is the answer. How do you even measure an unconscious bias?

How do you measure someone's spirit? Just because something isn't easily measurable doesn't mean we shouldn't respect it.

A good sign that a label is complete BS is when the people its supposed to describe never actually use it to describe themselves. Seriously, name one person who claims to be a cultural Marxist.

Do any terrorists identify themselves as terrorists?

or a troll.

<WellThere>

I remember TS trolling the war room with shit like Asian countries being less racist than white majority countries.

He got some mileage out of this one though.

Do any terrorists identify themselves as terrorists?
Terrorism isn't an ideology though. An ideology that has no adherents and no texts defining its theory is not a coherent ideology.

I'll ask you the same questions I asked him, what are some of the text defining the theory of Cultural Marxism? Who are some Cultural Marxists?

Terrorism isn't an ideology though. An ideology that has no adherents and no texts defining its theory is not a coherent ideology.

I'll ask you the same questions I asked him, what are some of the text defining the theory of Cultural Marxism? Who are some Cultural Marxists?

That's a fair distinction.

I'd define it as anti-Westernism nested in some utopian ideas of collectivism (just as a counter to capitalism and classic liberalism). I'd throw in intersectionalism, deconstructionism, postmodernism as tools to give it some scientific validity. Yeah you can quibble about the distinctions and whatnot, but the end result is the same.

So when shit like "unconscious biases" come out of the most unscientific and dogmatic fields in academia, from under the same umbrella that gave us white privilege, cultural relativism, 60 genders and cartoon feminism, I can't help but raise an eyebrow.

I don't know any prominent cultural Marxists, but academics who mentally masturbate over the identity of African Caribbean students in 11th grade during lunch break as a fucking thesis in ethnic studies, or some equivalent nonsense, would fall in that.

That's a fair distinction.

I'd define it as anti-Westernism nested in some utopian ideas of collectivism (just as a counter to capitalism and classic liberalism). I'd throw in intersectionalism, deconstructionism, postmodernism as tools to give it some scientific validity. Yeah you can quibble about the distinctions and whatnot, but the end result is the same.

So when shit like "unconscious biases" come out of the most unscientific and dogmatic fields in academia, from under the same umbrella that gave us white privilege, cultural relativism, 60 genders and cartoon feminism, I can't help but raise an eyebrow.

I don't know any prominent cultural Marxists, but academics who mentally masturbate over the identity of African Caribbean students in 11th grade during lunch break as a fucking thesis in ethnic studies, or some equivalent nonsense, would fall in that.
No offense but you still haven't pointed me in the direction fo actual Cultural Marxist texts. I sort of get what you're trying to talk about here but I just find it unhelpful to use the term Cultural Marxism since it strikes me as a propaganda term. If you want to criticize people, criticize the ideologies they actually ascribe to and write about(like postmodernism or intersectionalism) and not a ghost ideology that only exist in the mind of its critics.

No offense but you still haven't pointed me in the direction fo actual Cultural Marxist texts. I sort of get what you're trying to talk about here but I just find it unhelpful to use the term Cultural Marxism since it strikes me as a propaganda term. If you want to criticize people, criticize the ideologies they actually ascribe to and write about(like postmodernism or intersectionalism) and not a ghost ideology that only exist in the mind of its critics.

I'd say it's an umbrella term for the nonsense I described. Obviously the proponents won't call themselves a pejorative term, but it doesn't mean it doesn't apply.

It's just easier to say "this is cultural marxist nonsense" instead of "I question the validity of this critical theory derived Marxist-feminist matrix of intersectionality". Not only is it a mouthful, but the methods, and I'd guess with certainty - the end results, would be like any other iteration of this conflict theory based bullshit.

I'd say it's an umbrella term for the nonsense I described. Obviously the proponents won't call themselves a pejorative term, but it doesn't mean it doesn't apply.

It's just easier to say "this is cultural marxist nonsense" instead of "I question the validity of this critical theory derived Marxist-feminist matrix of intersectionality". Not only is it a mouthful, but the methods, and I'd guess with certainty - the end results, would be like any other iteration of this conflict theory based bullshit.
You could just call it intersectional nonsense. Back when @sodapopinski used to post here he often reserved himself to critiques of intersectional theory since its less confusing and actually what these people subscribe to. Do what you'd like but I don't think using the term Cultural Marxism helps your argument, many people are like me who see it as a vague buzzword that obfuscates more than it clarifies.

You could just call it intersectional nonsense. Back when @sodapopinski used to post here he often reserved himself to critiques of intersectional theory since its less confusing and actually what these people subscribe to. Do what you'd like but I don't think using the term Cultural Marxism helps your argument, many people are like me who see it as a vague buzzword that obfuscates more than it clarifies.

Doesn't really matter to me, I understand what people mean when they say cultural Marxism. If there's a need to dig deep into some issue (usually there isn't), you can start making distinctions and splitting hairs. But otherwise, sounds apt enough.

Doesn't really matter to me, I understand what people mean when they say cultural Marxism. If there's a need to dig deep into some issue (usually there isn't), you can start making distinctions and splitting hairs. But otherwise, sounds apt enough.
Agree to disagree I suppose.

My issue is that anything that people don't agree with gets lumped in with "cultural Marxism" or some other misunderstood term used to scare people.

Unconscious bias training improves the bottom line. Every time a company experiences a negative PR incident, they experience a hit to their brand and reputation, which negatively affects sales, partnerships, and allocation of resources.

Diverse and inclusive organizations makes it more inviting to do business. Input from different perspectives creates more well rounded outcomes.

How did unconscious bias training get lumped in with cultural Marxism? Is it because someone said it, and everyone that disagrees just jumps on board like a herd of memetic sheep?

In fact, it is very easy for someone to make the argument that obstructing and critiquing unconscious bias training meets the very definition of cultural Marxism, since cultural Marxism is defined as a form of anti-capitalist cultural critique which specifically targets those aspects of culture that are seen as profit-driven and mass-produced under capitalism.

@Kafir-kun @IDL

Last edited:
How do you measure someone's spirit? Just because something isn't easily measurable doesn't mean we shouldn't respect it.
You're right. But it also doesn't mean we should brainwash kids at an early age with something that isn't even scientifically proven. We don't know what the results will be, if any.

May I ask, which demographic is the main beneficiary of this so called unconscious bias training?

You're right. But it also doesn't mean we should brainwash kids at an early age with something that isn't even scientifically proven. We don't know what the results will be, if any.

May I ask, which demographic is the main beneficiary of this so called unconscious bias training?

Brainwashing our kids? You mean like religion, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, history, heliocentricism, etc.

Which demographic? Everybody would benefit, because there would be more efficient allocation of capital. More capital means a surplus of opportunities and prosperity.

Brainwashing our kids? You mean like religion, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, history, heliocentricism, etc.

Which demographic? Everybody would benefit, because there would be more efficient allocation of capital. More capital means a surplus of opportunities and prosperity.
I'm no fan of religion, or religious indoctrination.

Yes, which demographic needs the most unconscious bias training? And how can you say everyone would benefit from it, when you can't even measure it?

I'm no fan of religion, or religious indoctrination.

Yes, which demographic needs the most unconscious bias training? And how can you say everyone would benefit from it, when you can't even measure it?

Why does a specific demographic need to be targeted?

UBT helps to dismantle stereotypes that hinders participation in the market (ex. biases against white men from low economic backgrounds), it boosts people's self-worth, invokes compassion (which is the source of creativity), increases productivity, delivers more positive financial impact and it makes capital allocation more efficient, which means that it would raise the standard of living for the collective identity. It makes organizations, economies, and nations more attractive, vibrant, and enduring.

Now UBT may not be "scientifically proven", but from a long-term capitalists point of view, it makes sense. It can be measured against a company's bottom line and past performance, and not just on a short-term quarterly basis.

Again, I made the case that one's spirit is not easily measurable. This should make the case that science still has a long way to go to understanding things that are considered to be divine and sacred, and we shouldn't use the religion of science to set the limits on our compassion and dictate humanity's progress.

@Judge

Back