Media Uncle Chael agrees that Stephen A. Smith is good for the sport. MMA has worst fans.

Just realized you’re a Conor nut hugger.

Oh geez, nothing can be said or done for you. Have an awesome time at Disneyland today!
lol no Im not.....but keep on with your stellar analytical abilities ...they obviously serve you well in life

I don't particularly agree with Chael, but it's a fair opinion. I'm not as disgusted as others are with Smith, though MMA is simply a different animal than other sports. Smith simply doesn't get MMA and he very well may never -- this isn't debating where Antonio Brown goes next or how Lebron stacks up to Jordan in my opinion. However, I'm not gonna be the guy to try and convince Smith to change his tone. His mind is already made up. I'm a fan of his work but I don't always agree with him. I'd prefer to ignore his MMA analysis but whatever.

I'm right. I'm always right.

Always appreciate you chael but I feel like the issue really came from stephen saying he could do better and then posting mitt work that was laughable.

And then posting his challenge to joe Rogan's words: I'll be back later to deal with this (paraphrase). Then being told by conor McGregor to apologize. Then issuing a long blanket apology statement where he still stuck to his statement that cowboy "quit" even after saying he could last longer.

I feel like fighting is always going to be a different thing. I get what you're saying about coverage and attention. That is his job. However I feel like joe Rogan jumped in there as a fellow martial artist and a friend to say hey you don't know what you are talking about and you're honestly going to far saying with that mitt work you somehow out last Donald cerrone's best time against conor McGregor

Chael have you not seen this standard where fighters can say shit and its understood why they don't have to follow the same rules as non fighters? Even in the analysis for the McGregor Mayweather fight, weren't the boxers very careful not to say on live broadcast television what many people felt: that Mayweather carried McGregor?

If Stephen A's opinion is such a commodity what business sense did it make for him to proclaim his company's new moneymaker basically phoney?

I hear you chael and if you think I'm wrong on this I gotta respect it. But isn't being the same thing as ball sport mainstream a little far fetched? I feel like the ufc is it's own thing that they are building into their own package of expected behaviors. If I'm wrong please let me know

People on the internet bashing Steven A. for saying the same things that most people on the internet are already saying. Kind of silly and hypocritical. Apparently MMA fighters are beyond criticism from mainstream sports media personalities, but if a Sherdogger trashes a fighter, calls him a "bum", "quitter", "overhyped", etc. that's fair game.

I think most people are just pissed and jealous that Steven A. is getting paid seven figures a year to do what Sherdoggers do for free.

Ya but nobody cares what sherdog thinks. People care what steven A thinks.

Well Dana White and UFC agreed and encouraged Stephen A. to commentate on UFC, as well Ariel Helwani on NBA.

so if somebody thinks that’s everybody should be banned from being a fan of MMA for thinking Stephen A. is good for UFC, go tell that to Dana White and UFC. It was their decision. Lmao. Bunch of morons running around here.

Stephen A. Smith needs to stick to basketball.

I’ll never forget when he said how good Hunter Henry had been doing all year but he tore his ACL in preseason and didn’t play a down that season.
I'll never forget how Rogan argued with Cowboy on how elite Rondas striking was on his podcast or how he says Herb Dean is the golden standard of refs every chance he gets.

There's also that time when he got on his high horse with Steven A, but has a history of not saying shit when Dana berates his own fighters.

What you clowns don't understand is ESPN has far more lucrative deals with other major sports and Steven A will call any of them out in heartbeat. Rogan cowards in the shadows at even the though of not pushing the ufc's narrative. I've lost alot of respect for that guy over the years. He has the biggest voice in mma, but won't address any of the issues that really matters to the fighters he claims to have so much respect for.

Last edited:
I'll never forget how Rogan argued with Cowboy on how elite Rondas striking was on his podcast or how he says Herb Dean is the golden standard of refs every chance he gets.
He hyped Ronda up so much, I wondered if he was fucking her. <Dylan>

This is true despite me wanting to laugh at you for subtly sticking up for that hack Stephen A.

I'm right. I'm always right.

Here's a side question for you chael: these idiots on sherdog say max Holloway and prime aldo who threw leg kicks constantly would beat nate diaz at 170 lbs.

Am I crazy here or is that not the most ridiculous generic sherdog shit you have ever heard?

He hyped Ronda up so much, I wondered if he was fucking her. <Dylan>

This is true despite me wanting to laugh at you for subtly sticking up for that hack Stephen A.
If Stephen A is hack than Joe is a hack and a hypocrite who's conflict of interest prevents him from being taken seriously.

Last edited:
It literally has nothing to do with SAS comments. It's just that SAS is not an athletic black man, but instead an unathletic black man with a wimp head so Joe does not fetishize him. He made Rogan look like a little bitch while looking down on him and putting his hands on his shoulder as if he was talking to a kid. Joe works really hard to create his tough-guy image with the help of bowhunting, martial arts and steroids. Unfortunately for him all that goes out the window if it goes like this.

8a2d8371a82d7be2c90647933c0a4b76.jpg

giphy.gif

If Stephen A is hack than Joe is a hack and a hypocrite who's conflict of interest prevents him from being taken seriousl.
Joe has opinions and I often don’t agree with them, but they aren’t disrespect like Stephen A. Smith.

Rogan would never go on TV and say a football player who tore his ACL in the preseason has had a great season. You can hate Joe and I have no issue with that.
**HE WOULD NEVER TALK SHIT ABOUT A SPORT HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT**

Stephen has made a career of talking shit and normally having no clue what he’s talking about. He’s a clown. Again... I have no issue with you not liking Rogan. 0% issue. My issue is you sticking up for that know nothing loser. Keep making excuses for him...
***notice that you didn’t have anything positive to say about him, it was just bashing Rogan. You aren’t even capable of defending him without having to bring up somebody else***
Huge tell.

This is probably his most disliked video but people can't handle the truth. Especially hypocritical MMA fans.

He's just shilling out for the UFC/ESPN as usual. I like Chael, but he's not a very Intelligent person. You could pick up on that by listening to 5 minutes of his podcasts.

It literally has nothing to do with SAS comments. It's just that SAS is not an athletic black man, but instead an unathletic black man with a wimp head so Joe does not fetishize him. He made Rogan look like a little bitch while looking down on him and putting his hands on his shoulder as if he was talking to a kid. Joe works really hard to create his tough-guy image with the help of bowhunting, martial arts and steroids. Unfortunately for him all that goes out the window if it goes like this.

8a2d8371a82d7be2c90647933c0a4b76.jpg

giphy.gif
Size only matters if both people know how to fight or use their strength. A big guy with no skill that is 10-15 years older would get fucked up.
He’s only 6’1” he’s not even that big. Yes Rogan is smaller but people are acting like Smith is a big guy and he’s not. I’m 6ft tall, 6’1” is not that big. Lmfao you fucking manlets acting like 6’1” is giant.

A 6’1” man who is trained is not the same as a 6’1” schmuck. Rogan is basically a mid 30 year old with all that TRT and who knows what else pumping through him... whereas I thought Stephen was 60 and he’s 52.

This is a work. Stephen's gimmick on NBA broadcasts is to say outlandish things to gain views.

That being said, his fighter bashing is a little rough around the edges. Let him get his white belt on here and we'll set up a good camp for him, he could be ready for 248.

Stephen A. Smith was right about Cerrone but Chael is a horrible analyst and his 2 cents don't mean much. He says things that are blatant lies almost every time there's a mic in front of him. Common knowledge type things. And the followers of his YouTube channel are dorks who do nothing but meme post.

Size only matters if both people know how to fight or use their strength. A big guy with no skill that is 10-15 years older would get fucked up.
He’s only 6’1” he’s not even that big. Yes Rogan is smaller but people are acting like Smith is a big guy and he’s not. I’m 6ft tall, 6’1” is not that big. Lmfao you fucking manlets acting like 6’1” is giant.

A 6’1” man who is trained is not the same as a 6’1” schmuck. Rogan is basically a mid 30 year old with all that TRT and who knows what else pumping through him... whereas I thought Stephen was 60 and he’s 52.
Never said SAS would beat Joe in a fight, So no idea why you start talking about that? Joe is incredibly insecure about his height. SAS isn't a giant, never said he is either. But Rogan still gets dwarfed and he is obviously not happy with that. What I said is that his tough-guy image goes out of the window, because he is not seen as a tough guy while being treated like a little kid by SAS. He also gets mad that SAS interrupts him, but that is literally what SAS does. Joe just can't handle it and at the same time is being treated like a bitch by SAS, because he doesn't respect Joe one bit as you can see in the recap video.

Joe just wants Anik by his side, because he is nice enough and short enough to make Joe look like the tough guy and he doesn't interrupt either. Joe likes the control, he's a control freak and it doesn't go well with two control freaks in the same space. SAS, however, is genetically superior to Joe and everyone with two eyes that don't know Joe will instantly see him as the inferior little manlet that he is. That makes Joe pissed as hell so he will make sure to talk about SAS behind his back on his podcast. Then he will invite SAS to some sort of "debate" and will immediately sit on the fence, and become SAS bitch yet again.

This is probably his most disliked video but people can't handle the truth. Especially hypocritical MMA fans.

I think all this is just a case of "lost in translation". MMA doesn't have the controversial pundit personality that other sports are used to, things said are more likely to be taken to heart.

I'm glad Stephen A said what he said. Cowboy fucking shit the bed in a big fight AGAIN and should be called out for being a second rate chump.

you can't talk about respect and then have Conor McGregor as your star attraction. the guy is a world class scumbag. it stopped being about martial arts a long time ago buddy, it is now prize fighting.
Conor as the star attraction and Dana as the president. That's a couple of overflowing potty mouths there.

Back