Media Uncle Chael agrees that Stephen A. Smith is good for the sport. MMA has worst fans.

Agreed. He is admittedly, one of the most polarizing figures in the sports industry. Everyone has an opinion on Stephen A Smith, which means he brings the eyeballs to whatever he talks about.

When Kevin Durant left to the Warriors, Stephen A. was one of the first analysts to call that one of the weakest moves in the NBA. HE CALLED IT LIKE HE SEEN IT.
Guess what? He’s still on good terms with Kevin Durant. Chael is right, Stephen A. has courage. He doesn’t water down his analysis or opinion or sugar coat his words to try and be kind and considerate to an athletes feelings. He tells the raw uncut truth in his assessment.

Listen, athletes gets paid MULTI MILLIONS of dollars to do what they do, which is incredibly difficult within itself of course, but also one of the cons of being an athlete is being able to handle the pressure from society, the criticism from fans and analysts alike, and still go and do your job at the highest level. That’s WHY THEY GET PAID MULTI MILLIONS.

If MMA fighters want to increase their pay, well then fellas you better buckle up for the big leagues! No babies around here.
UFC deal with ESPN and Stephen A. or Max Kellerman reporting on it? Awesome, love it. But the ufc fighters better be ready for the extra responsibility that comes with MORE PAY, as always.

I call on fans for Masvidal violence to baptize Stephen Smith

Everyone i know wants to give him a slap

I don't know if he's owed an apology but I'm honestly quite embarrassed at everyone getting their panties in a bunch.
He basically said Cowboy choked (with some hyperbole mixed in, big whoop) as so many people on here were calling Cowboy would do before the fight even happened

I'm sorry SAS

No he isn't.

He pulled the same shit your average chip eating wanker of a fan does in the comment sections when they get their hands caught in the cookie jar. Lie their ass off then pretend their revision of what they said was what they really said while still getting basic facts wrong.

The man is an overpaid suit who reads cards. He offers absolutely nothing of value for MMA fans or casuals alike. Worse. Because of his status casual fans who don't know better will assume he is right just because he has a big platform and a loud mouth. If he is a fan, which maybe he is, but not a professional analyst for MMA then why is he analysing MMA.

If I'm an analyst by trade in Information Technology and I specialize in multiple sub fields of it and Disaster Recovery isn't one of them my opinions on it, regardless if I have sat in and watched some of the processes prior, are worthless. It's worthless because I'm not an expert in it. It doesn't matter if I state that I'm not an expert. If I'm paid to stand up in front of millions of people and give my opinion on Disaster Recovery and get basic facts wrong while I act like I know what I'm talking about oh and I end up insulting someone involved I would be asked politely to never appear again. If I'm lucky. Whoever created that situation would be fired. Period.

This guy reminds me of every single empty suit on MSM who offers nothing of value while feeding you bullshit and when caught they come across as a pompous ass. This is exactly why people stopped watching those shows and their average age bracket is in the fucking 60s.

I personally have nothing against Smith. I'm sure he is fine for other sports that he has time to cover but he clearly has spent zero time on MMA and relies on cue cards which some idiot producer put bullshit on. If Smith actually knew what he was talking about he would have caught that Cowboy had been on PPVs before just hadn't headlined one, he headlined countless fight night cards, or that the most experienced fighter in company history choked and never said it. It just shows you how fake some of what he says is because someone else wrote it for him. His talking shit is fine. It's getting basic facts wrong or having opinions that don't even make logical sense and then lying about it that sinks his boat.

If some random fighter says shit like that who cares. They are't an analyst and sometimes they do it on purpose to talk shit. Especially if they are in the same division. So that's not a defense.

Also Cheal gets basic facts wrong in almost everything he posts. I don't get why he gets away with it. You would think getting caught writing bad cheques would have taught him a lesson.

Actually he’s the opposite.
He’s a highly professional, credible, and highly reputable sports analyst, highest paid sports analyst, and possibly GOAT sports analyst.
For Christ sakes he’s one of the only sports analysts whom has contact info and speaks regularly with NBA and NFL athletes. If he wasn’t credible, those athletes wouldn’t associate with him. But they all do, and when they want to clear things up media wise, they contact him.

just because Joe Rogan is displaying bitch tendencies and feeling jealous of him and feeling inferior doesn’t mean Stephen A is incorrect. He spoke more truth than Joe Rogan did that night. Joe Rogan just brown noses and kisses ass all the time. He’s not a legitimate sports commentator.

Rogan has the tendencies of a bish ass.

MMA fans are acting like the guy who told us Ronda Rousey is the greatest athlete in human history, is more credible than the guy who said Cowboy Cerrone folded under the pressure of the bright lights. LOL

MMA fans are acting like the guy who told us Ronda Rousey is the greatest athlete in human history, is more credible than the guy who said Cowboy Cerrone folded under the pressure of the bright lights. LOL

Lol, numbers don’t lie folks.
There’s a reason Stephen A. paychecks have more digits than Joe Rogan’s.
And it’s not because he’s black, that’s for sure.

He’s a highly professional, credible, and highly reputable sports analyst, highest paid sports analyst, and possibly GOAT sports analyst.
For Christ sakes he’s one of the only sports analysts whom has contact info and speaks regularly with NBA and NFL athletes. If he wasn’t credible, those athletes wouldn’t associate with him. But they all do, and when they want to clear things up media wise, they contact him.

just because Joe Rogan is displaying bitch tendencies and feeling jealous of him and feeling inferior doesn’t mean Stephen A is incorrect. He spoke more truth than Joe Rogan did that night. Joe Rogan just brown noses and kisses ass all the time. He’s not a legitimate sports commentator.
entirely disagree......"highly professional" no the fuck he isnt when hes raking one of the fighters over the coals, credible.......in what way??? reputable definitely ...highest paid maybe...possibly the goat? ummmno lol

whom he speaks to in other sports has absolutely no bearing on the conversation, this is a different sport and things are handled differently....hence his problem to begin with....

really I chock it up to him not having enough face to face time with the fighters ...I think if he did....he might just have a little more empathy instead of running his mouth like he did...

hes a moron but hes espn's dude and we will see him again....hopefully he carries himself with a little more respect to the people he works with or else hopefully someone just punches him in the face to learn him that respect

No he isn't.

He pulled the same shit your average chip eating wanker of a fan does in the comment sections when they get their hands caught in the cookie jar. Lie their ass off then pretend their revision of what they said was what they really said while still getting basic facts wrong.

The man is an overpaid suit who reads cards. He offers absolutely nothing of value for MMA fans or casuals alike. Worse. Because of his status casual fans who don't know better will assume he is right just because he has a big platform and a loud mouth. If he is a fan, which maybe he is, but not a professional analyst for MMA then why is he analysing MMA.

If I'm an analyst by trade in Information Technology and I specialize in multiple sub fields of it and Disaster Recovery isn't one of them my opinions on it, regardless if I have sat in and watched some of the processes prior, are worthless. It's worthless because I'm not an expert in it. It doesn't matter if I state that I'm not an expert. If I'm paid to stand up in front of millions of people and give my opinion on Disaster Recovery and get basic facts wrong while I act like I know what I'm talking about oh and I end up insulting someone involved I would be asked politely to never appear again. If I'm lucky. Whoever created that situation would be fired. Period.

This guy reminds me of every single empty suit on MSM who offers nothing of value while feeding you bullshit and when caught they come across as a pompous ass. This is exactly why people stopped watching those shows and their average age bracket is in the fucking 60s.

I personally have nothing against Smith. I'm sure he is fine for other sports that he has time to cover but he clearly has spent zero time on MMA and relies on cue cards which some idiot producer put bullshit on. If Smith actually knew what he was talking about he would have caught that Cowboy had been on PPVs before just hadn't headlined one, he headlined countless fight night cards, or that the most experienced fighter in company history choked and never said it. It just shows you how fake some of what he says is because someone else wrote it for him. His talking shit is fine. It's getting basic facts wrong or having opinions that don't even make logical sense and then lying about it that sinks his boat.

If some random fighter says shit like that who cares. They are't an analyst and sometimes they do it on purpose to talk shit. Especially if they are in the same division. So that's not a defense.

Also Cheal gets basic facts wrong in almost everything he posts. I don't get why he gets away with it. You would think getting caught writing bad cheques would have taught him a lesson.

Then what is Ariel Helwani doing reporting NBA? You sound like a moron.

entirely disagree......"highly professional" no the fuck he isnt when hes raking one of the fighters over the coals, credible.......in what way??? reputable definitely ...highest paid maybe...possibly the goat? ummmno lol

whom he speaks to in other sports has absolutely no bearing on the conversation, this is a different sport and things are handled differently....hence his problem to begin with....

really I chock it up to him not having enough face to face time with the fighters ...I think if he did....he might just have a little more empathy instead of running his mouth like he did...

hes a moron but hes espn's dude and we will see him again....hopefully he carries himself with a little more respect to the people he works with oor else hopefully someone just punches him in the face to learn him that respect

hes a moron but hes espn's dude and we will see him again....hopefully he carries himself with a little more respect to the people he works with oor else hopefully someone just punches him in the face to learn him that respect

Because he criticizes a fighters poor performance? That’s a sports analysts and commentators job, you dumbass.

Don’t think he is highly credible?
Well go ask all the NBA and NFL players whom are friends with him, and see what they say.

and no, MMA isn’t a “different sport”.
It’s humans vs humans, still.
You aren’t very successful in your endeavors in life are you?
Lmao, nerd.

Smith is owed a few minutes in the cage with Cowboy. blowhard Pos.

Because he criticizes a fighters poor performance? That’s a sports analysts and commentators job, you dumbass.

Don’t think he is highly credible?
Well go ask all the NBA and NFL players whom are friends with him, and see what they say.

and no, MMA isn’t a “different sport”.
It’s humans vs humans, still.
You aren’t very successful in your endeavors in life are you?
Lmao, nerd.
Could you possibly be a bigger dick to people here while still being wrong? Let's find out in your next post.

It's a good thing we aren't talking about Ariel's gaff then isn't it genius.

It falls in the line with the topic, dumbass.

Stephen A. is being attempted to be criticized for lack of mma knowledge, but yet Ariel Helwani is on an NBA court floor interviewing NBA players. Now the same “opinions” can be had against Ariel, but NBA fans probaly don’t even put much though into it. Too busy paying seeing the bigger picture.

Now you can thank me since I’ve enlightened you with real wisdom, genius.
LMAO!! HAHAH

That's just it. SAS thinks he knows everything about all sports and he doesn't. In this case, he's a lousy MMA announcer. Who cares what he knows about the NBA or the NFL. Or who he knows. In this case he's wrong. In my opinion. Spelled it out to emphasize that's exactly what it is.

Clickbait pundits, why bother. Controversy ups their cheque, faux emotion, basic opinions.

It falls in the line with the topic, dumbass.

Stephen A. is being attempted to be criticized for lack of mma knowledge, but yet Ariel Helwani is on an NBA court floor interviewing NBA players. Now the same “opinions” can be had against Ariel, but NBA fans probaly don’t even put much though into it. Too busy paying seeing the bigger picture.

Now you can thank me since I’ve enlightened you with real wisdom, genius.
LMAO!! HAHAH

School must be out. Enjoy your internet lolz while it lasts in whatever Coronavirus quarantine zone you are in.

Back