Uncharted 3 (Singleplayer) is free on PSN

• Thread starter Deleted member 290675
  • Start date
I never played 3. I got to the jet ski part in 1 and only got the that first stealth lobby area in part 2. It's not that it's so much cutscenes, certainly not as much as one of my favorite series Metal Gear Solid. It was that when you did get to play I found every single gameplay element to be sub par. Game play wise MGS is a Ferrari compared to Uncharteds Chevy Malibu.

Funny because I despise MGS and loved the Uncharted series. I hated cut scenes in games until Uncharted honestly. The thing that hooked me is the Indiana Jones vibe. And not directing this at you at all but I've seen many people talk about their hate of Uncharted because its a "interactive movie" but love MGS.... It holds two Guinness WRs...

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Longest Cutscene Sequence
Depending on who you are cutscenes in video games are either the reason you fight so hard to win or a nuisance to be skipped at the first opportunity. No matter how much you might believe the former, however, Metal Gear Solid 4 is a little excessive. Four separate scenes in the game's finale add up to 71 minutes of non-play, and are longer than some theatrical films. The game also holds the record for longest single cutscene at 27 minutes.

Funny because I despise MGS and loved the Uncharted series. I hated cut scenes in games until Uncharted honestly. The thing that hooked me is the Indiana Jones vibe. And not directing this at you at all but I've seen many people talk about their hate of Uncharted because its a "interactive movie" but love MGS.... It holds two Guinness WRs...

MGS4's cutscenes were abnormally frequent and lengthy even for a MGS game, which is a big reason why it's my least favorite in the series. I can find cutscenes acceptable under the circumstances that I give a shit about what's going on and when I get to play it's worth it. That's often the case (MGS1 & 3) but sometimes not (MGS2 & 4).

Uncharted just doesn't do it for me.

Urgh, MGS 4. I can't bring myself to finish it. Half hour cutscenes that make no sense whatsoever, along with Kojima perving at FemShep's character. Not like the actual gameplay's much good either. I don't get the appeal.

Back