Unbiased reaction to Bones-Gus

We are talking during the fight, not after the fight. What happens after has no bearing on what actually occurred during the fight. During the fight, jones landed that head kick all night long. Jones was never staggered nor hurt in the fight; while jones had gus running around the ring almost out on his feet.

Oh did Gus beat him up after the fight? No he did that to him in the cage moron. Bones going to the hospital is because Gus used him as a punching bag during the fight.

Crap I had to work! Was it really that close? I knew I should have left early.

OP you are such a... you fucking are...

Very reasonable, actually. Agree completely.

Hitch.png

We are talking during the fight, not after the fight. What happens after has no bearing on what actually occurred during the fight. During the fight, jones landed that head kick all night long. Jones was never staggered nor hurt in the fight; while jones had gus running around the ring almost out on his feet.
actually Gus blocked like 95% of those head kicks.

I have a hard time following your logic with the whole Gus did good on points Bones did damage when Bones is in a stretcher right now on his way to the hospital and Gus is giving interviews.....

Gus missed the conference because he had to go to the hospital too.

It was a war simply put. No spin is needed.

I felt the decision swung based on how the judges scored the 4th round. Had Gus ducked that spinning elbow and stayed active the rest of the round he probably would have won via split decision.

jones clearly won 4/5, and 2 is a slight lean for jones... far from a robbery. however take way last 40sec of rd4 and we got a new champ

prett much exactly how I saw it. 4/5 clear jones, 2 slight jones, 1 and 3 slight gus. Could have given gus 2 but could have given jones 3.

Jones won the fight on that 4th rd flurry. If that hadnt happened, Gus would have got this

Btw what a GREAT fight.

On the whole Jones did damage Gus did points thing I didnt make myself clear:

Jones suffered a hell lot of damage, but it was along the fight. Jones concentrated damage on 4,5 and imo won those. First 3 rounds I scored Gus but giving 1 to Jones is perfectly reasonable

I should have added a 6) We expected a Bones domination so every move for Gus looked more meaningful

I scored 48-47 Gus but I have no problem at all with JBJ winning

GREAT fight

I felt the decision swung based on how the judges scored the 4th round. Had Gus ducked that spinning elbow and stayed active the rest of the round he probably would have won via split decision.

Agreed. I scored 4847 Gus but JBJ also did great. Just worse than we expected but thats more on Gus than on Jon

i feel the same, jones got more superficial damage but he rocked gus a few times, close to finishing whereas gus never had him really hurt

Back