Unbiased reaction to Bones-Gus

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by iamdissapoint**, Sep 21, 2013.

1. iamdissapoint**

iamdissapoint** Purple Belt

As most of you know, I tend to be a little bit (hehe) biased towards brazillian fighters (woohoo Barao). In this nights main event, I had no preferences. Both fighters are not important to me

So here is the deal:

1) Jones does not suck its just that Gus did GREAT. Its not like Jones will start getting dominated left and right because of this grueling decision against a top dog

2) It was no robbery, close fight that could have gone either way. Gus did better on points, Jones did a lot of damage on late 4th and won the 5th

3) Neither man has poor cardio, they both fought their asses off in one of the best fights I have ever seen

4) Jones was not dominated and he does not suck at striking nor wrestling, Gus is just a BEAST

5) Enjoy the fight and give the guys props instead of bitching about every second of every fight

2. bigseanc88

bigseanc88 Orange Belt

I have a hard time following your logic with the whole Gus did good on points Bones did damage when Bones is in a stretcher right now on his way to the hospital and Gus is giving interviews.....

3. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Blue Belt

Nailed it

4. lololboom

lololboom Blue Belt

jones clearly won 4/5, and 2 is a slight lean for jones... far from a robbery. however take way last 40sec of rd4 and we got a new champ

5. ChangeIsComing

ChangeIsComing Black Belt

Yeah even looking at them right after the fight...damage for jones? I think not Gus had that W and it was taken by morons.

6. FlyingHendo

FlyingHendo KINGS OF EUROPE 2013

Throwin' heavy leather at UFC media days /w Jon Jo
    QFT. Hats off to both fighters.

7. ChangeIsComing

ChangeIsComing Black Belt

Could also say he got rocked, still stopped two TD's and was fighting back....

I would call that round a draw...tbh, Was Gus's best round until that. And he still didnt let Jones take control.

8. bloodyfreak

bloodyfreak Green Belt

Wait... people think Gus actually WON??? Gus did great, much better than I expected, but the idea of him winning that fight is absurd. I had 4 rounds to Jones & only 1 of those I could conceivably see going the other way. Gus has one hell of a chin!

9. bigseanc88

bigseanc88 Orange Belt

It was obvious who did the most damage and takedowns were even maybe even 1 more for Gus? I'm not seeing how they gave this to Jones. Great fight dont get me wrong hats off to both of them but Gus took that fight in my eyes without a doubt.

10. el conquistador

el conquistador Orange Belt

Gus must not swell. He took some shots--alot of shots--but looked pretty good. I think Jones won, but it was close. Jones manned up and won the 4th and 5th to save his title.

11. bigconan

bigconan Silver Belt

We are talking during the fight, not after the fight. What happens after has no bearing on what actually occurred during the fight. During the fight, jones landed that head kick all night long. Jones was never staggered nor hurt in the fight; while jones had gus running around the ring almost out on his feet.

12. 7wtc911

7wtc911 Banned Banned

Judges need to be fired

13. manapua

manapua Brown Belt

the only round i had a really hard time deciding for was round 2, but even then i gave it to gus. rnds 4 and 5 were to jones because of the near finish and takedown. but i felt gus out struck and outworked jon for most of the fight

14. Guchie

Guchie Yellow Belt

The majority of people think Gus won, 60-35 percent infact. Welcome to being the minority here.

15. SCIRCA

SCIRCA King of Kings

Are you a retard?, you gave 4 rounds to Jones? Is that you Greg Jackson?

16. peppo

peppo Member of the YES!!! Revolution

Agreed

17. FedorStMcGregor**

FedorStMcGregor** Blue Belt

Did you not see Jones' lips after the fight? No damage?

[​IMG]

18. reapfate

reapfate Yellow Belt

I believe Jones had a hard time fighting someone without his huge reach advantage and Gustafsson is immune to head kicks. Really though how many clean head kicks did he take? Jones lost a close fight in my eyes. The takedown defense and the volume of strikes should have made it a split decision for Gus. Honest opinion

19. Shaddows

Shaddows Steel Belt

While I agree with you on All points (even on being Brazilian-biased), Jon still lost that fight.

I am not mad. To be perfectly honest, I didn't think Gus would do that well.

The fight was AWESOME! but the bad judging put a little dumper on the night.

20. manapua

manapua Brown Belt

right, because jones wasn't swollen or bleeding for most of the fight or anything. jones was getting outboxed all night. i'm not calling robbery or anything, i'm just saying that the fight was close and if jones lost, i wouldn't dispute it. kinda like now.