Unbiased Look at Diaz vs McGregor, Who I believe wins.

iknowthefuture

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just finished rewatching McGregor vs Diaz and Diaz vs Johnson. I've been following Diaz's career since his appear on TUF where he beat Gamburyan by a freak injury really.

Diaz almost always start off very slow and picks up the pace later in the fight, expect that to be the same in the McGregor fight.

What will be different is that Conor (with all the shit talk he's been saying about KOing him) is going to fight conservative and chop away at the leg of Nate. Just because he hasn't done it before doesn't mean he's not capable, Conor is a smart guy believe it or not haters.

And NO I'M NOT A CONOR FAN, just an unbiased MMA fan that doesnt put either fighters balls in my mouth.

I see Conor fighting like Condit but less running and he will pick his spots to land that left hand and connect on Diaz's chin. In the first fight, the first round was actually pretty close with Conor edging it a bit.

Then the 2nd round, at the START Conor was really taking the fight until Diaz started connecting and got the clinch on him, the fight was over after that.

Conor will mantain his distance and pick his shots while picking away at his left leg. Johnson did decent against Diaz and McGregor is a way better striker than Michael.

I think Conor wins a decision and will have to really connect with a picture perfect left hand in order to finish the fight.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he if he did the shocking and went for a takedown, believe it or not Conors BJJ is not that bad, he was simply FINISHED and wanted an easy way out instead of getting KOed which was what would have happened if he didn't become a "panic wrestler".

I expect Conor to have an excuse for his fighting style by saying "Ehhh I fought the bigger man, I had to do what I had to do to come home with this victory, I will step up like a man like I always do and fight him again."

He will land big shots on Diaz but he will not fight nearly as aggresive as Diaz, I do expect Conor to smack talk in the octagon tho, as they both will do.

Haters and nuthuggers incoming, no one seems to have an unbiased opinion on this site.

Last edited:
RXYdk_s-200x150.gif

In before someone posts a dumbass GIF that they do every post saying "Didnt read".

Nate didn't fight Karo.

RDA was able to chop away Nate's legs because he has been training Muay Thai under legit coaches since fovever. So you are telling me that somehow Conor will acquire powerful thai-style leg kicks in a 3 months fighting camp ?

I just finished rewatching McGregor vs Diaz and Diaz vs Johnson. I've been following Diaz's career since his appear on TUF where he beat Karo by a freak injury really.
Karo never fought Nate

Nate beat Karo on TUF!?

tumblr_monfp0b76P1su7sauo1_500.gif

The only contact Karo and Nate ever had was when Karo bullied him on TUF house

Nate didn't fight Karo.
Yeah I got him confused with the other guy that looks like him, Gamburyan which Nick fought. The dude Nate took his shirt off and almost street fighted in TUF is who im talking about, that was a great season btw.

I rewatched this fight a few days ago. A few things I noticed or had misremembered:

- I thought Conor had gassed quite a bit before Diaz caught him. In reality he had slowed only a little. Diaz caught Conor because Conor was chasing him too much and wining punches.

- I thought Conor had spammed many, many kicks. It was far fewer than I had thought.

- Conor hit Nate a couple of times in the second pretty hard and I think Diaz actually felt a couple of the blows a bit. I'd thought Diaz had rolled his head with every shot but a couple were pretty clean. Obviously Diaz took those blows well though.

I think the worst mistake Conor made was thinking he was having huge success in the second and abandoning his defence, headhunting with the left and looking for the KO. He got sucked into brawling with Nate, which has always been the worst thing anyone could do when fighting a Diaz brother. Nate cracked him cleanly as a result and Conor never really recovered from that first straight to the jaw.

If Conor can stay calm and patient, and (crucially) has the stamina to go a full 25 minutes then he has the ability to decision Nate or even hurt him and stop him. He needs to be way smarter though. There's another thread on the front page about Nate looking great when he fought MJ (EDIT: that thread is here: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/full-camp-nate-trained-motivated-in-shape.3310895/ ) - if that Nate turns up Conor will need to have the fight of his life to win.

Picking Conor, btw.

That's Nick Diaz. The guy who was on TUF and the guy fighting Conor is Nate Diaz.

How can you know the future if you don't even remember the past?
You guys are such Diaz nut huggers, I been with Nick since his Strikeforce run, you guys are so ignorant. What makes you think Conor can't adjust and beat Nate?

Tons of stupid biased Conor hate incoming.
That's all they do, if Conor wins they will act like they thought it was possible. People are acting like Diaz is at -1000 haha, when in fact Conor's the favorite. But it's cause "all the conor nuthuggers are betting on him."

You sound like you know very little about MMA, why are you making threads like this?

You guys are such Diaz nut huggers, I been with Nick since his Strikeforce run, you guys are so ignorant. What makes you think Conor can't adjust and beat Nate?

I'm just correcting you, just accept you were wrong and move on. Don't be a little bitch about it.

Back