1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Unbias Most Popular/Most Hated/Most Loved Fighters thru the Years.**Helwani/Luke Thomas are right**

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by Leroy Jenkins, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Leroy Jenkins

Leroy Jenkins Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Since everybody forgot history, I decided to go back in time from 2006-2016 and see who are the most popular/most hated/most loved fighters thru those years......and here are the results...

This list is unbias and 100% based on fact according to what happened at the time....I know people will deny my findings because it doesn't fit the Agenda but this is the truth

This list only focuses on UFC...Why? Because most mainstream fans were only UFC fans, so it doesn't focus on PRIDE or any other MMA org.

**Most popular will reflect who was the posterbody/selling the most PPVs at the time...Most hated/Loved would apply to most hated/Loved fighters who are actually popular with mainstream audience(unknowns don't matter, example Korean Zombie is universally loved but in the grand scheme of things he ain't popular, Tim Kenney is hated but in the grand scheme of things nobody knows who in the hell he is in the Mainstream).

Key Word...Mainstream Audience opinions, this list is based on it....Not Hardcore Audience opinions

2006 (Three way tie for most popular, Tito was probably most popular tho)

Most Popular

Ken Shamrock

Most Loved/Most popular
    [​IMG]
    Most Hated/Most popular
    [​IMG]

Most popular
    [​IMG]

Most Loved/Most Popular

Chuck Lidell

Most Hated

Tito Ortiz

Matt Serra

Most Popular

[​IMG]

GSP

Most Loved

GSP

Most Hated
    (People are gonna argue against this one since they don't remember, fact is that Rashad had just KO'd the golden boy Chuck and touched his balls against Forrest, he got a lot of hate) Gifs are posted to prove my point.

[​IMG]

Most Popular

Brock Lesnar
    GSP

Most Loved....

People will mention greasegate...even tho that happen, he was still the most loved.

GSP

Most Hated

UFC 100 Henderson KO, Shooped to hell because people hated bisping...Rashad Evans KO, Shooped to hell because people hated Evans.

Bisping

Rashad Evans

Most Popular

Brock Lesnar

GSP
    [​IMG]

Most Loved

GSP
    [​IMG]

Most Hated

...Again I know people are gonna argue this but Anderson had just humilated Maia, his cockyness was too much for MMA fans...Big Reason why Sonnen became popular was because people hated Silva

As for Rashad, he was the hated one in the biggest Rivalry match of the year, Rampage vs Evans...People were cheering for Rampage and hated Rashad.

As for Kosheck...Dude was hated because of the whole GSP/Kos TuF.

[​IMG]

Rashad Evans

[​IMG]

Most Popular

Brock Lesnar

GSP
    Rampage

Most Loved

GSP
    [​IMG]

Most Hated

...Again people are gonna deny this but Jones was hated for destroying Shogun...For letting Machida fall....and for saying in an interview that he ratted out Marijuana smokers in school...More importantly he was hated for being well spoken/christian guy.

[​IMG]

Most Popular.
    ..Finally Anderson Silva became popular because of Sonnen rematch/being the face of UFC Brazil.
    [​IMG]
    GSP

Anderson Silva

Most Loved

GSP

Chael Sonnen

Most Hated

Carlos Condit was hated for "running away"....Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen sold so well in the USA because people thought Chael was that much better/they wanted to see Anderson lose.

Anderson Silva

[​IMG]

Jon Jones

Most Popular

GSP

Anderson Silva

Most loved.

..literally retired with the mainstream fans liking him

GSP

Most Hated.

Jon Jones

Most Popular.

..This one is hard, No super amazing PPV sells....but Im going with Ronda...All though she didn't get PPVs, she was the most popular.

[​IMG]

Most loved

....Portrait as a Hardworking/Humble American Boy(I have no idea why idiot MMA fans bought into this).....Just got destroying one of the GOATs who was hated by a lot of fans.

[​IMG]

Most Hated

[​IMG] Jon Jones

Most Popular

...Ronda/Conor blew the fuck up, quickly took over the game

Ronda

[​IMG]

Most Loved

...I put Conor here because most Casuals loved Conor...I put Ronda because most casuals also loved Ronda....I put Holly because after Ronda got KTFO, she became one of the most loved stars in MMA

Conor
    [​IMG]

Ronda

Most Hated

...Yes Ronda is in the most hated list as well....Once she got KTFO, she got tons of hate, a big part was because she became cocky as fuck.

Ronda

Jon Jones

2016 Thus far

Most Popular

....Conor took over the game while Ronda left the game...but Nate Diaz shit talking helped Conor break PPV records...Right now Nate is super popular.

Conor
    [​IMG]

Brock Lesnar

Most Loved

...Nate became a star after destroying Conor....All though Conor got destroyed, he still has a shitload of sheep mainstream fans believing he was at a disadvantage because of weight(LMFAO).

Nate Diaz

[​IMG]Conor

Most Hated

...Jon Jones dun goof, ruined UFC 200....He overshadows everybody else...Cormier is considered a farce of a champ/Cry Baby...Tyron hate is quickly growing, TBD.

Jon Jones

Daniel Cormier

Tyron Woodley

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. Bill Laimbeer

Bill Laimbeer Brown Belt

Worst thread in history, happy to be first in.

3. Coolidge

Coolidge Banned Banned

Another moronic thread from a race-baiter.

4. delrey1

delrey1 Banned Banned

Wasteland this shit

Bmurray likes this.
  5. Leroy Jenkins

Are you people denying that it isn't true? Anybody who is an MMA fan knows Im saying the truth.

I guess you guys must be newer fans.

6. WouldNotBang

WouldNotBang Lucille Belt

Going to Schaub city, also known as the wasteland.

7. themainman

themainman You lit a match now watch it burn

A lot of work for a shitty thread

BoobyMcBoobFace likes this.
  8. Kenjamito

Kenjamito Chingasos Por Payasos

That was a lot of effort putting that together for a very low payoff

johnyboy likes this.
  9. Bill Laimbeer

Bill Laimbeer Brown Belt

Rampage is constantly near the top and was in a an accident that resulted in a dead fetus, high speed chase with police and whines like a bitch about everything....... Fail.

TheChance and TheRealWill like this.
  10. The guest

The guest Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Screw through the years. The answer to both most loved and most hated the last decade is the same.

GSP. And that says it all... the GOAT.

11. Leroy Jenkins

It was much better...I had pictures for everybody...but there is only 20 pics limit.

Sadly ignorance ignores facts...but it was still fun looking back at time.

12. Rum

Rum Champion of Champions

TS needs to learn how to communicate online in a way which doesn't make it seem like he's never used a computer in his life.

Dude may even have a point, but nobody will ever know.

13. Leroy Jenkins

Dude I had pics for everybody....but the 20 pics limit ruined my whole format I was doing, so I was like fuck it....It makes sense if you look thru it.

14. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Titanium Belt

So it would be better if mostly white people were hated?

WouldNotBang likes this.
  15. Leroy Jenkins

Never said that...Im simply saying lets not ignore the facts.

16. QuitYourCrying

QuitYourCrying Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You couldn't have posted this in the other 78 threads made by "ethnic" posters complaining that white fans don't cheer for their particular favorites?

Honest question, OP? Why do you care so much about what white people do or do not enjoy? Why is it your business? I don't get rustled that most black guys don't enjoy rock music. I couldn't care less. In fact, the first time it's even occurred to me was when I just typed this sentence. If black guys prefer to listen to hip hop instead of rock, that's up to them.

With MMA, If Latinos all cheer for Cain, good for them (even though he's about as "Mexican" as Tom Hanks). I truly don't care. If Canadians adore GSP, that's great too. Asians can root for Gomi all day and all night and I will never care.

I don't get on NBA message boards and complain that black folks aren't supporting hockey like they should. How many black guys have Wayne Gretzky posters in their rooms? I don't go to rap forums and call all the black posters wacists for not listening to The Hold Steady and Wilco.

And how is this affecting your life? The black fighters you like (because you personally identify with them and root them on based on tribalism) aren't as likely to be popular with other races. OK. So what? I truly don't get the obsession.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    TheChance and Reaps like this.
  17. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Titanium Belt

Ok, irrelevant facts duly noted.

WouldNotBang likes this.
  18. Glove

Glove Black Belt

Kevin Randleman is colored and is respected by most knowledgeable MMA fans, as well as Quinton Jackson.

WouldNotBang likes this.
  19. Coolidge

Coolidge Banned Banned

They seriously need to give it a rest. 99.9% of the board is concerned with fights and fighters, not race. These few idiots are turning the discussion toxic with the constant baiting.

20. Leroy Jenkins

I care because people deny the facts...Sorry but Im pro facts and the fact is that their is clear bias in favor for whites and against blacks.

Now if you want to say that you don't care...Thats fine but lets admit the truth.

It's not effecting my life...It's effecting black fighters lives because they have to fight thru racism since the MMA fanbase won't root for them...thus they make less money since they sell less PPVs in general.