Unable to start Threads

I just had the same problem. So, like Brackis1 suggested, I made a thread with just a three letter title and a three letter post. And then I edited it afterwards. It worked OK. So it may be worth a try for you guys.

I also got a stalling white screen with Firefox when trying to post a thread. I was able to post the thread when I reduced both the title and the text to a single word. Then I just edited the thread. Be quick though, otherwise your thread might get deleted as spam.

For some reason i cannot start threads on SD right now. Is anyone having this problem or know anyway to fix it?

Ive tried posting on both firefox and ie and both browsers time out and do not post my threads.

I have no trouble posting just making threads. This only occured in the last hour since i made a post in the new OT not too long back.

Karma is a funny thing. Why don't you start a thread on a different forum?

brackis1, you are the man. Much thanks...

I still can't make threads in mayberry. Help?

edit: increasing font size so people might actually read it and tell me if it works for them
When these occassionally happens to me, I make a thead with a short title and few words in the post. Then edit it immediately.
Can't say why this works exactly.

Step by Step
1. Make sure your post is appropriate for the forum it is in.
2. make your title something like "1 sec" to let readers know it is temporary (keep it very short)
3. Write you post as normal
4. Cut the post so the text is stored in your paste function
5. Make your post "editting"
6. Click submit once and wait 5 seconds
7. Open your newly made thread and click the "edit post" button on the bottom right of your post
8. Paste the stored text into you post, and change your title to be related to you post and give members a good idea of the content
9. Click "Save Changes"

Thanks for this, you're the man.
It actually works !!

Still,
Sherdog should fix this problem.

i wonder if this is a clever attempt to curb trolls from starting threads?

this is what i get when i try to make a new thread or pm someone:

Kefiafusu, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

this is what i get when i try to start a thread or pm someone:

Kefiafusu, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

and i just noticed i got double yellow's, i don't even know what i did...

this is what i get when i try to make a new thread or pm someone:

This may be a result of your Double Yellow Cards.
Try logging out and back in. You may also simply be restricted from starting threads in a particular forum as regulated by a mod who gave the dubs.

SAME PROBLEM

I need help from a moderator -- I cannot post new threads!

I press SUBMIT POST but then it hangs for 10 seconds and brings me to a white screen, like it froze up or something

I cannot make a new post in here to address this issue even -- can a MOD help me please!

I've tried from multiple computers and multiple browsers

IVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM??? I NEED SOME HELP!!!

Hey Mods The Suggestions Here Are Not Working!!! Need Help Iam Able To Post But Not Able 2 Start New Threads I Did Once With No Problems Now Iam Just Getting A Blank Screen!!!

Can't start any threads anywhere....not with Firefox, IE, or Opera. Been having this problem for a couple days but I couldn't even report it here because I wasn't able to start a damn thread.

me too, it's really a problem if such a quality poster as myself can't start threads

damn, I just had a brilliant idea for a thread as usual, now it's wasted

Whenever I try to start a thread, I get a blank white screen :(

Back