1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Unable to lift for a month, where to start

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by UdeGarami, Oct 18, 2010.

1. UdeGarami

UdeGarami Blue Belt

So, I've been unable to lift for a month due to speculative tendinitis and 2 nasty weeks of school work.

Prior to that I was lifting 3x a week and had just made a push for my workout set from 290-300 5x5 on bench when I started having issues.

Today is my first available day back, and I already can tell that I'm weaker. Should I start aim for 80% of where I was and slowly build? Or just try to do what I can? for my whole workout?

2. milano

milano I am the Walrus

Deload.

When you say lifting, do you mean benching?

3. yocan

yocan Orange Belt

my thought if you were messed up by benching to go to deadlifting like a motherfucker.

4. UdeGarami

UdeGarami Blue Belt

lifting, I mean overall, bench, squat, curls, dls, etc. I just mentioned bench cause that's what sparked my problem, but now that I'm rested I wanna get my strength back.

The person I saw about my injury just gave me a time frame to take off, ice and rest. But as a general practice physician didn't have a clue about rebuilding.

5. Fedorable

Fedorable 1/1024th Mod

try 65% of your lifts for 5,5 just to see how that feels, go from there.

6. Justice 4 All

Justice 4 All Brown Belt

Where did you have the tendinitis?

7. UdeGarami

UdeGarami Blue Belt

In my triceps :(, 2 days after working out in both arms. I was told that since this was the first time I had problems if took time off and made sure to ice and get enough rest between routines that i could prevent it from becoming chronic.

8. flak

flak Guest

Okay, so maybe you should be extra careful about push exercises for a few weeks. Maybe do less volume and lighter poundages (relative to your pull exercises and squat exercises) with push exercises.