UN urges US to tamp down use of force by officers in Portland, warns of ‘human rights violations’

We can all relax lads, we have a guarantee everything is ok.
Ohhhh....I get it...you are a special snowflake that agrees with destruction of property. Are you a social justice guy or a Marxist?

Tom Morello is a Harvard educated multimillionaire, son of a diplomat and wealthy Manhattan socialite, who's opinions on borders, immigration, 'diversity' and all things woke are actually in line with 99% of the corporate establishment that controls the 'system' he claims to fight against. He's a pampered, privileged, sheltered from reality 56 year-old who hasn't grown up a day since he was an angsty teenager reading Das Kapital.

Who sounds like an angsty teenager, Devin?

Ohhhh....I get it...you are a special snowflake that agrees with destruction of property. Are you a social justice guy or a Marxist?

Nah old school rule of law guy.

I don't support governments ignoring laws because it would be convenient to do so.

Sometimes ensuring justice is a little tricky.

20banbury-master675.gif

Nah old school rule of law guy.

I don't support governments ignoring laws because it would be convenient to do so.

Sometimes ensuring justice is a little tricky.

Isn't it a two way street then. These city's leaders have told the cops to stand down and not arrest anybody. Somebody has to restore some law an order.

How much contraband comes to the US through the UN's diplomatic pouch?

Can they move to Switzerland already?

"Therehave been reports that peaceful protesters have been detained by unidentified police officers and that is a worry because it may place those detained outside the protection of the law and may give rise to arbitrary detention and other human rights violations"

Never happened.
Apparently the UN gets their "reports" from CNN and buzzfeed.

I'll just patiently wait for them to TutTut all the other major countries that are far worse than the us on arresting people before I take them seriously, thanks.

There's countries worse than the US on arresting people?

Point being that while the UN is not perfect they have called out China for their crimes. If the UN calls out countries like China and Israel people then complain and say "how can they talk when Saudis had a seat on the human rights council" but if they stay silent then people like you complain that they're silent. Just admit you don't want the US to be criticized.

So what exactly is the function of the UN? Is there any kind of universal metric they are using to determine who to “condemn” or not?

Isn't it a two way street then. These city's leaders have told the cops to stand down and not arrest anybody. Somebody has to restore some law an order.

The "he started it" defence, always quality.

Eh UN been attacked by trump since 2016 they are showing their agenda.
I’m sure they are cool with what’s happening in China ?

Only those on the Left like the UN & the EU, and think they are worthwhile. They are both part of the problem, they are corrupt!

Back