UN urges US to tamp down use of force by officers in Portland, warns of ‘human rights violations’

Yes but relationships are based on shared values and shared goals. If others goals and values conflict with ours should we be compromising those things in the name of "global leadership"? Or is our values and goals as a nation paramount?
Well, that requires the assumption that the goals and values conflict with each other and cannot co-exist. Which is usually the position taken by people who cannot operate creatively and view the relationship as slices of cake vs. baking new cakes.

They've completely turned 180. Everything they once believed out the window to "own the libs" meanwhile we have an eviction crisis which is almost never brought up by them.

Why do we have an eviction crisis? Could it be because Dems, and folks like you, aren't letting people go back to work?

Why do we have an eviction crisis? Could it be because Dems, and folks like you, aren't letting people go back to work?

Never voted democrat in my life and a democrat isn't running the country now anyway. What is your point?

Well, that requires the assumption that the goals and values conflict with each other and cannot co-exist. Which is usually the position taken by people who cannot operate creatively and view the relationship as slices of cake vs. baking new cakes.

Sweden

Ch42GDl.jpg

Tom Morello is a Harvard educated multimillionaire, son of a diplomat and wealthy Manhattan socialite, who's opinions on borders, immigration, 'diversity' and all things woke are actually in line with 99% of the corporate establishment that controls the 'system' he claims to fight against. He's a pampered, privileged, sheltered from reality 56 year-old who hasn't grown up a day since he was an angsty teenager reading Das Kapital.

We appear to be talking past each other. The person in this article was not rioting. He was walking down the street when feds in an unmarked van took him off the street to an undisclosed location.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/17/portland-protests-federal-arrests/

This is unconstitutional. This is a human rights violation. If you can't respect the constitution when it comes to protesters I don't want to hear about your rights.
After reading that article that's total bullshit and he's gonna make millions

They've completely turned 180. Everything they once believed out the window to "own the libs" meanwhile we have an eviction crisis which is almost never brought up by them.

Don't forget about a national coin shortage interrupting commerce.

What are you talking about? Where do you live and what ass whipping was delivered or is this just in your head?
We had protests that become a reason to destroy property. Locals started standing on the route to defend local businesses. A few fights broke out. They stopped coming. No issues with marchers, just with the window breakers, graffiti and statue damaging. The protests are now just in the City.

If they are arresting people throwing Molotov cocktails, it is not a human rights violation.

If they are detaining protesters who are not doing anything violent (which they have been reported to do) it is a human rights violation. It's literally unconstitutional.

This shouldn't be hard for anyone to understand. If you don't respect the constitution here then I don't want to hear about your gun rights.
Antifa are terrorists I gguaruntee you they aren’t pulling Black Lives rights marchers out of line. They are grabbing people destroying. And causing chaos.

Antifa are terrorists I gguaruntee you they aren’t pulling Black Lives rights marchers out of line. They are grabbing people destroying. And causing chaos.

The part that confuses me is you have the same group of people that call them cucks and soyboys and now they're scary terrorists. Which one is it? I dislike these people as well but I think this thing has been blown out of proportion. It is a welcome distraction away from the failures of our COVID response in my opinion

Nice cherry picking. I bet you would be singing a different tune if you were a business owner in that district. The feds wouldn't even have to be involved if the local leadership wasn't so inept. The economy is already getting shit on from the Corona virus. We don't need people senselessly adding billions of dollars worth of damage to our cities. I don't get what makes this so hard to understand.

Of course I cherry picked, I found that bit funny.

But can you pop up a source on the billion dollars damage claim.

We can all relax lads, we have a guarantee everything is ok.

If there is proof that unidentifiable federal law enforcement are detaining people and circumventing the 4th, 5th, 6th and/or 7th amendment rights then the Trump administration should be universally criticized for it. I've read reports of protestors claiming it, but I've yet to see any names of people who got apprehended and "disappeared".

So the federal government stepping in after billions of dollars of damage being done is a human rights violation, but yet they are silent about all of the shit that goes on in China? That doesn't make sense at all.

Except they're not silent. This is from a month ago:

The repression of “fundamental freedoms” by the Chinese Government prompted nearly 50 UN independent experts on Friday to express their continuing alarm, urging the country to “abide by its international legal obligations”.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/06/1067312

Fair enough, but read the first sentence of your article. Earlier this month, a dozen United Nations experts quietly issued an unprecedented and devastating assessment of the Chinese government’s counterterrorism law.

Also where were they when China was caught trying to cover up the Corona virus before it spread to the rest of the world; or how about when they were unnecessarily profiling Black people over the corona virus back in May?

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/05/05/china-covid-19-discrimination-against-africans
Point being that while the UN is not perfect they have called out China for their crimes. If the UN calls out countries like China and Israel people then complain and say "how can they talk when Saudis had a seat on the human rights council" but if they stay silent then people like you complain that they're silent. Just admit you don't want the US to be criticized.

Back