Ummm, CM Punk might literally die.

It is pretty disconcerting that an AC would license a person with no prior competitive combat sport experience to fight professionally, simply because he's famous and UFC tells them to.

& how is it that you know how good Punk is?

Maybe you could tell us about how he got interested in BJJ in 1994 while training Kempo Karate... or about his time at RoufusSport. Please enlighten us.
do you know how many 37 year old unathletic white guys have been interested in BJJ since 1994? WTF does that have to do with anything, momo?

do you know how many 37 year old unathletic white guys have been interested in BJJ since 1994? WTF does that have to do with anything, momo?
Reckon those "un-athletic" people you're talking about can do this day by day, year round for a decade?

giphy.gif
200.gif

He's been training with Renor Gracie since 2012 & full time with RoufusSport since 2015. WTF are you talking about comparing him to couch warriors who gave up their passion?

Dec. 2014 - Cole Miller said he trained with Punk & says he is better than at least 50% of the fighters in the UFC at BJJ. “he's going to shake things up, whoop some ass and prove a lot of people wrong. I expect him to do very well against whoever they put up against him."

Cole – “more than 50 percent of UFC fighters are nothing more than OK blue belts on the ground. I would rate CM Punk definitely above that."

Reckon those "un-athletic" people you're talking about can do this day by day, year round for a decade?

giphy.gif
200.gif

He's been training with Renor Gracie since 2012 & full time with RoufusSport since 2015. WTF are you talking about comparing him to couch warriors who gave up their passion?

Dec. 2014 - Cole Miller said he trained with Punk & says he is better than at least 50% of the fighters in the UFC at BJJ. “he's going to shake things up, whoop some ass and prove a lot of people wrong. I expect him to do very well against whoever they put up against him."

Cole – “more than 50 percent of UFC fighters are nothing more than OK blue belts on the ground. I would rate CM Punk definitely above that."
oh wow; I didn't realize how athletic he was. That was crazy how he tossed that huge dude with his legs. Massive power. It almost seems fishy.

oh wow; I didn't realize how athletic he was. That was crazy how he tossed that huge dude with his legs. Massive power. It almost seems fishy.

You're right. It takes no coordination, strength or athleticism to put on a 30 minute pro wrestling match at the highest level. Literally anyone can get off their couch and do it. Most people just chose not to. They don't need the money or want the fame.

All right... very funny.

Why don't you get on the top rope next time you're in the gym & do a back flip. Then go in there & do it every day, year round for a decade. & that's just one move that those guys do.

Your point that WWE guys are un-athletic is unfounded is my point.... that's not even mentioning the work it takes to maintain the physical body structure that Punk has maintained.

You don't get that by sitting on the couch... per your original statement about how many people who started JJ in 1994 gave it up or whatever you were trying to say. Punk pursued it.

Am I wasting my time here? I'd rather not continue if you don't even understand that, plus training full time since Jan 2015 with RoufusSport is no joke.

Last edited:
All right... very funny.

Why don't you get on the top rope next time you're in the gym & do a back flip. Then go in there every day, year round for a decade. & that's just one move that those guys do.

Your point that WWE guys are un-athletic is unfounded is my point.... that's not even mentioning the work it takes to maintain the physical body structure that Punk has maintained.

You don't get that by sitting on the couch... per your original statement about how many people who started JJ in 1994 gave it up or whatever you were trying to say. Punk pursued it.

Am I wasting my time here? I'd rather not continue if you don't even understand that, plus training full time since Jan 2015 with RoufusSport is no joke.
I did a backflip off my cousin's boat last summer. Does that count?

As long as gall doesn't work stiff cm punk should come out on top

Win or lose for Punk, this fight shouldn't of been sanctioned. Very irresponsible.

Dude he is fighting is an untrained photographer, also Mickey Mouse looks like he has trained in the Werdum school of striking, if the dude he was fighting wasn't scared shitless he would have planted a straight right on Mickey.

Cause Punk is going to be the one to exploit those striking holes, right?

You've got a lot of faith in a 38 year old WWE wrestler with no experience in combat sport competition.

OP, he is fighting Mickey Gall, a guy who shouldn't even be in the UFC at this point in his career. Gall is 2-0 with one octagon win; the win was against a guy who was fighting for the first time. Punk has been training at a legit gym for nearly two years and has some athletic ability.

If Punk were fighting someone in the top 20, then I would be worried, but he's not. What Lesnar did in his UFC debut was impressive, but Punk is just fighting a regional guy on the biggest stage. No disrespect to Gall, but the guy has a huge opportunity here, but I think Punk is going to win and look impressive doing it.

if he somehow wins, Luke Thomas will look like the donkiest donk who's ever donked. For that I'm rooting for CM.

Think of it like this; CM Punk might literally die. Anyone fighting MMA may die... but what is CM Punk actually doing? He's living.... let that sink in.

Back