Ummm, CM Punk might literally die.

I like Punk a great deal and am a fan of his work in professional wrestling but he has no significant competitive or even training background.
Training with RoufusSport is a very signifigant background... & Punk said he would not sign to fight until Duke thought he waz ready.

Duke did a heck of a job training Woodley to win the title... so I'd say he knows what he's doing. So if Duke thinks he's ready then I believe him.

I don't think his body is as broke down as you're thinking.

dont really understand all the hate punk gets on here. Id never heard of the guy before he signed with the ufc but im pulling for him after seeing interviews and the fs1 special, he seems like a good dude.

also despite having no fights under his belt you gotta think training with roufus, askren and the pettis bros is gonna help him quite a bit
You're not alone bro! There'z a lot of us that feel the same way.

revolution.jpg
Welcome.jpg

Yeah I think he'll be fine. I don't expect him to win, but there is a ref in the cage with them.

He's always had those deep bags under his eyes since he was in his late 20's. Makes him look older.

Punk's got legit training... & they've done live striking scrimmages at RoufusSport that Punk considers his amateur debut. It will be his 1st full contact MMA fight but he isn't inexperienced.

Well Punk is wrong, that isn't a debut. That's like being that one karate kid in every school who did a few karate lessons and now thinks he can beat up anyone and it usually doesn't end well. Training is not experience. You have absolutely no fighting experience until you've had a fight.

after watching "The Evolution of Punk", the guy looks much older than 37. i feel like this whole thing is irresponsible and all parties involved should be ashamed.

i was looking forward to seeing him get his ass kicked, but now I just feel sickened by the idea that this poor guy might get seriously hurt in there.
Don't judge a fighter by his wrinkles, CM Punk is destined for greatness. A Championship Caliber fighter,waiting for his UFC belt to be wrap around his waist.

Well Punk is wrong, that isn't a debut. That's like being that one karate kid in every school who did a few karate lessons and now thinks he can beat up anyone and it usually doesn't end well. Training is not experience. You have absolutely no fighting experience until you've had a fight.
I understand your point, but the only difference between the live scrimages & an actual fight is the location. They were going full contact with no padding. Having a big crowd there changes things, but Punk won't be phased by that. He sold out Madison Square Garden twice & has been in front of big crowds like that for a decade.

UnsightlyFreshFoxterrier.gif

More impressive than any footage we've seen of Punk.
Dude he is fighting is an untrained photographer, also Mickey Mouse looks like he has trained in the Werdum school of striking, if the dude he was fighting wasn't scared shitless he would have planted a straight right on Mickey.

He won't literally die. Human body can take a surprising amount of punishment before death. I also felt less optimistic about his chances after those videos, though. I was thinking he had a chance due to his dedication and top notch training staff, but now I think his opponent (can't remember the name) probably smokes him in under a minute in humiliating fashion. Still, I wish him the best of luck. Sure wouldn't bet on him, though.

Footage from last night is over a year old, One would think he is a significantly better fighter now.

This could be worse than Lauzon vs Gabe.

Does he get to wear his knee high boots in the octagon? I hear that's where his power comes from.

Back