UMA RT-41(stock) Review .

oocampo

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi im 250 6'2 , i currently had the TITLE Infused Foam Ignite I-Tech Training Gloves, Red/White, 18 oz ( returned because of the thumb on the glove was pinching my hands and the velcro was a hassle) n also the Fairtex BGV9. So my review of the UMA RT-41 is its a solid glove that Its a bulky glove the quality and design looks clean.The padding is crazy soft it would be amazing for sparring . I sparred with it and the guys said he didn't feel anything. It has a compact feel but not tight .The leather felt good and soft little on the thinner side comparing Fairtex BGv9. Btw the customer service was great fast and responsive . Shiped from Pakistan to California took a week to come here. On the bag felt like pillows on your hand barely feel any shock when hitting the bag and when people said they barely here the feedback on these gloves i think they are wrong i here great feed back not as hard as like the mexican style glove but i still feel and hear the gloves so these are good gloves my question is how long will they last still. the liner feels silky smooth.

Comfort 9.8/10
Protection 10/10
Quality and craftsmanship 9.5/10

Aesthetic 10/10
Wrist Support 10/10

- Only really Con i have for these gloves is that its not as easy to make a fist as i thought buying these gloves but this could just me , like the leather kinda pushes my bottom thumb down . either its too small or big cause i tried 14 oz gloves other brands like winning and they felt great thumb placement for me it. But its not super bad pinch ass my Title gloves those took muscles to work to make a fist but overall i really like this glove . would i suggest this glove to others Yes . ( after using it more the thumb gets better n i bumped comfort to 9.8 n i removed durability cause i really cant judge these gloves durability )

( I will come back in a week to re edit the review )

- re edit after 2cd use and hitting the bag

Attachments

• IMG_3217.jpg
    IMG_3217.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3218.jpg
    IMG_3218.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3215.jpg
    IMG_3215.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3216.jpg
    IMG_3216.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Nice looking gloves, what size are they? The look pretty big, I'd be interested to know the actual weight as well if you have access to a scale.

Nice looking gloves, what size are they? The look pretty big, I'd be interested to know the actual weight as well if you have access to a scale.
There 16 oz gloves , on the food scale one is 16.47 oz and the other 16.55 oz , im pretty sure there because of the laces but i could be wrong. and cause i just used it sparring

the blue everlast and venum gloves are 12 oz , and the black everlast 16 oz

Attachments

• IMG_3220.jpg
    IMG_3220.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 81
Nice looking glove !

By pinching your thumb, are you talking about the seam between the palm and the thumb ? If so, the trick is to shove rolled up socks in the thumb and under that leather piece so the leather will stretch over time.

Hi im 250 6'2 , i currently had the TITLE Infused Foam Ignite I-Tech Training Gloves, Red/White, 18 oz ( returned because of the thumb on the glove was pinching my hands and the velcro was a hassle) n also the Fairtex BGV9. So my review of the UMA RT-41 is its a solid glove that Its a bulky glove the quality and design looks clean.The padding is crazy soft it would be amazing for sparring . I sparred with it and the guys said he didn't feel anything. It has a compact feel but not tight .The leather felt good and soft little on the thinner side comparing Fairtex BGv9. Btw the customer service was great fast and responsive . Shiped from Pakistan to California took a week to come here. On the bag felt like pillows on your hand barely feel any shock when hitting the bag and when people said they barely here the feedback on these gloves i think they are wrong i here great feed back not as hard as like the mexican style glove but i still feel and hear the gloves so these are good gloves my question is how long will they last still. the liner feels silky smooth.

Comfort 9.8/10
Protection 10/10

Aesthetic 10/10
Wrist Support 10/10

- Only really Con i have for these gloves is that its not as easy to make a fist as i thought buying these gloves but this could just me , like the leather kinda pushes my bottom thumb down . either its too small or big cause i tried 14 oz gloves other brands like winning and they felt great thumb placement for me it. But its not super bad pinch ass my Title gloves those took muscles to work to make a fist but overall i really like this glove . would i suggest this glove to others Yes . ( after using it more the thumb gets better n i bumped comfort to 9.8 n i removed durability cause i really cant judge these gloves durability )

Thank you for purchase and writing review/feedback here so other could know hows been your experience with UMA and UMA product. Hope you enjoy using your gloves. Stay Safe! We will definitely look into issues you have noticed.

Hope to hear from you again very soon.

Best.

NOTE: having just received my first pair of stock UMA 16 oz gloves, I am experiencing the same thumb issue as mentioned above.

Hopefully, more significant thoughts to contribute to this discussion in due season...

Edit: just to clarify, I ordered the same color glove as the reviewed above (perhaps the issue is limited to this batch of stock-colored white 16 oz gloves, unless someone else mentions it occurring in another color).

If I may add, UMA has been extremely prompt to reply to all my inquiries (ialways in a cordial manner) and shipping was extremely quick once this item was dispatched from their office.

When these gloves arrived, they were well packaged inside a nice "fish net" carrying case.

I have stuffed a sock in the thumb (as was insightfully suggested above) with hopes of streching out the thumb compartment, namely where the base of the thumb touches the palm.

In sum, it's been a pleasant experience (to say the least) in my dealings with this company. Thank you, dear friends at UMA, and keep up the great work.

PS. Eager to see a review of a 10 oz RT-41 come out, I can only hope it will end up to be my privileged lot to offer this review to the Sherdog community.

Last edited:
NOTE: having just received my first pair of stock UMA 16 oz gloves, I am experiencing the same thumb issue as mentioned above.

Hopefully, more significant thoughts to contribute to this discussion in due season...

Edit: just to clarify, I ordered the same color glove as the reviewed above (perhaps the issue is limited to this batch of stock-colored white 16 oz gloves, unless someone else mentions it occurring in another color).

If I may add, UMA has been extremely prompt to reply to all my inquiries (ialways in a cordial manner) and shipping was extremely quick once this item was dispatched from their office.

When these gloves arrived, they were well packaged inside a nice "fish net" carrying case.

I have stuffed a sock in the thumb (as was insightfully suggested above) with hopes of streching out the thumb compartment, namely where the base of the thumb touches the palm.

In sum, it's been a pleasant experience (to say the least) in my dealings with this company. Thank you, dear friends at UMA, and keep up the great work.

PS. Eager to see a review of a 10 oz RT-41 come out, I can only hope it will end up to be my privileged lot to offer this review to the Sherdog community.
I had the same problem with UMA R-41, but it stretched by itself in time, and I had no problem after that. I did`t have this problem with the gloves that resembles Hayabusa.

Would someone be able to compare a RT-41 with a Fairtex BGV9. I need some sparing gloves and considering these as will get the R9 head guard from UMA as well. Bit worried about the comments on them being like pillows elsewhere but maybe I am over thinking this

Would someone be able to compare a RT-41 with a Fairtex BGV9. I need some sparing gloves and considering these as will get the R9 head guard from UMA as well. Bit worried about the comments on them being like pillows elsewhere but maybe I am over thinking this

Sparring gloves should be like pillows. If you use BGV9's as sparring gloves you'll probably give your opponent a concussion

Sparring gloves should be like pillows. If you use BGV9's as sparring gloves you'll probably give your opponent a concussion

There is no way I would spar in the BGV9s lol.

I am just not sure if to try the RT-41 or get some BGV6s

There is no way I would spar in the BGV9s lol.

I am just not sure if to try the RT-41 or get some BGV6s

Tie some pillows to the front of your BGV9's?

I've got the BGV6's I like them but they aren't for everyone. The beauty of this game is you can try new things and then you can inform us all afterwards how it works out. Save us money by your mistakes hahaha. I buy a lot of things and then regret them or love them.

Tie some pillows to the front of your BGV9's? .

Maybe some of the NG1 on the outside? lol

I love the BGV9 and have recommended them to a few people.

As for the sparing gloves not sure what I will end up trying

Good review OP. I am considering a pair of these for myself.Keep us updated on the thumb issue as I would like to know whether they settle with use.

Good review OP. I am considering a pair of these for myself.Keep us updated on the thumb issue as I would like to know whether they settle with use.

For the most part, my thumb issue has worked itself out simply using them on the heavy bag (as I prefer a more slender glove when sparring).

I received a pair of 16 oz today, and these will be my "I don't feel like feeling anything at all today" bag gloves. I tend to get sore knuckles quickly, but I don't think this will be an issue with these.

The leather has some scuffs though, and the inner liner wasn't perfect, but they look like they'll hold up just fine.

The feedback isn't what you'd call great, but I can get a great workout in without hurting my fragile bitchy hands.

Comfort 9.8/10
Protection 10/10

Aesthetic 10/10
Wrist Support 10/10

Can you please share side by side pictures with bgv9, I'm looking for new gloves and I really like these.

Back