UMA fightgear??

dat1978

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey guys!

It's been a long time. I haven't been able to train for a good long while now due to moving to a different country, but now I'm back and wanting to get back to Muay Thai.

Even though I still have a few pair of nice gloves I recently dealt with the passing of my sister and wanted to get a pair of custom gloves with a little design to honor her.

In the past I ordered some customs from UMA and have been happy with them, but I'm not really seeing mention of them anymore from forum users other than the thread that was started by UMA themselves.

So what's the deal, have they fallen out of favor around here? Quality drop off? Better alternatives in the custom game?

For reference I have a custom pair of C-17, a custom pair of the UMA, and a few other gloves like Boon that all have felt great.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Glad to have you back ! My most sincere condoleance for your sister. I cannot imagine how you must feel.

As for UMA, I was asking myself the same question. They post some work here and there, but they appear to not be the flavor of the month anymore.

Top Boxer has a thai glove model now and it looks nice. He has a website topboxer.com also and we can use Paypal.

Glad to have you back ! My most sincere condoleance for your sister. I cannot imagine how you must feel.

As for UMA, I was asking myself the same question. They post some work here and there, but they appear to not be the flavor of the month anymore.

Top Boxer has a thai glove model now and it looks nice. He has a website topboxer.com also and we can use Paypal.

Thanks for the condolences.

Yes I did see that Topboxer has a site set up now. Never tried their gloves, I will have to look into the options they have.

well, for what its worth, i contacted them about a week ago and have heard nothing so i guess i won't be going with them again this go round.

Only piece of UMA gear I own is a facesaver headguard. It's great quality but I bought a stock item online. I didn't get anything custom.

anyone purchased the r9 headgear recently?
I’ve had a chance to use the headgear now and so far I like it. Very lightweight compared to my ole topking headgear. I found the vision to be really good too.
I had to readjust the fit a few times during sparring but once I got the fit right it didn’t move around
Mine is just the stock r9 headgear but I kinda wish I had spent the extra $$ on custom just for the colours I want

Just ordered UMA mitts off of their ebay store back in the first week of August. It's now almost November. No mitts. they took my money. They lied every time eBay customer service got involved to keep from giving me a refund. Head coach at my boxing gym has bought probably 20 pairs of UMA mitts over the years. I don't think he'll be ordering anymore.

Beware of these scam artists!

They finally asked for my shipping info today. Fingers crossed that this will finally get resolved. I'll be removing negative reviews if they actually show up.

Back