UMA 14oz Winning style gloves and headgear preview

2 parts to this, UMA is planning on doing a Tokushu type glove. And as for the headgear they can do it all! The problem is with ALMOST all gear makers; is people want them to work the impossible. Example: people want a 10 oz headgear that accommodates all the ideas you said. Im sure it is doable in a 14-16oz headgear but it seems like everyone is so concerned about the weight these days. It shouldnt matter that much on headgear or even adding an ounce or two on gloves is a big deal these days. I think if you are okay with adding some weight, they can make it happen.

Adidas only gets hated on for their IMF gloves, Their Curved and Air Mitts are often one of THE most recommended things on this forum especially when Title does their crazy cyber sales.

But I think the forum as a WHOLE has shifted away from IMF all together. Times are changing and regular issues with IMF are a common factor. Everyones IMF bubbles, its just a matter of when.

Yea, I see where your coming from. I'm sure custom gear had got to be a huge PIA for the makers simply because everyone wants their cake and eat it too. I would have more realistic expectations, so 15-16 ounces doesn't bother me a bit. What does bother me is a bad design, like something that's easy to hit or boxy, which obviously wouldn't be the case if I base it on a successful design.

I am a bit more particular with the gloves however. I think it's just personal preference though, and honestly, it bothers me more when the indivual gloves are different weights. Like a 14 ounce left glove and a 15.5 ounce right glove. Having a pair of gloves where both weighed 17 ounces or something wouldn't bother me as much.

I forgot that the Adidas mitts are praised. Their shoes are obviously awesome too. I really feel they are a hit or miss type thing. I view Adidas as the Ringside of Europe with done successful design and some not so much. I think they also have a more European take on boxing gloves, such as only the striking surface being leather and using mostly IMF. IMF seems to be huge over there. I do agree that the forum has shifted away from IMF, but research as of now shows that IMF is safer because of the manufacturing process. I was told by a manufacturer that sometimes if layered foam isn't glued right or poorly done energy transfer can slip through flaws like that and cause unnecessary shock to your joints and what not creating a problem over time. I still prefer leather, but one of the pair of Adidas gloves in my gym are in my top 5 sparring gloves of all time. I'm not even kidding with that. They are some of the best and friendliest gloves to spar with. I think they are called the Adidas Super Sparring gloves. Another plus with Adidas is they have been consistently on weight for me, but I have moved away from the brand overall. Do you have the Adidas mitts?

I used to cheapshot has em now. I moved over to rival because they were the best ones imo

Winning style padding man. Like i said everything is Winning style, i just customized colors. Next set of gloves and headgear will be more customized though.

I think I would like a Twins designed glove. Not sure if UMA could do it though.

I used to cheapshot has em now. I moved over to rival because they were the best ones imo

Is it these?

RPM3_1.jpg

We have two pairs at my gym and they are awesome. Much better to train with than the Cleto Reyes we have

Yeah Ive been using the Russ Anber Mitts for 2.5 years now.

The Adidas Airs were ALMOST just as good but they allowed more hand slippage, so thats why i prefer the Rivals. Rivals are slightly more low profile as well.

Cletos Make Amazing Boxing Gloves but thats it...
I didnt much care for the headgear, and I dont really like the mitts, and the MMA gloves look terrible.

Back