Ultimate Fighter 16 Payouts

if that's the case, a fairly popular and somewhat successful guy like Mitrione makes only $12,000/fight, I am more than beyond satisfied having given up my hobby to pursue and land a permanent job at the county level, working from my cubicle daily.

being a pro athlete isnt anyones right, its a privilege that very few have

working at some county cubicle sounds shitty. if you approach your job like a pro fighter approaches training you will definitely move up the rankings. the job market is a lot less competitive than cage fighting imo

Bonuses that in same cases are only a couple thousand and a fraction of their total pay. Dana White has stated that it depends on how well the event did or how well a fighter promoted the fight or performed. It isn't given out randomly and to every fighter.

Exactly. It should be earned. Has he really done much lately to deserve an increase to $24k a fight? He is coming off of a loss and his last win was a tko against a guy that even struve was able to TKO. He hasn't had a top 15 win and is barely top 20 in one of the weakest divisions in the UFC. The only reason he was even in the main event was because the UFC needed a last minute replacement for carwin and he just happened to be available. He thought he could knockout Nelson and tried to take what he thought would be an easy fight and a good bonus. If he really wanted big money and recognition, he should have taken the Cormier fight. He would have lost still, but he would have lost to a top 5 guy instead of being knocked out by someone who many consider top 15 (Thought I personally would put him around #9-10). Don't feel bad for a guy who doesn't get paid well if he doesn't play the game his bosses want him to play. The UFC is a fight promotion. Those who get paid are the ones who bring in the most viewers. Guys like Chael and Nick Diaz are treated well because they know how to market their fights and get a ton of exposure. Mitrione tried by saying Nelson was a slow fatass who was going to get knocked out, but unfortunately nobody really believed him.

This is what George Roop had to say about fighter pay. GEORGE ROOP.

So all of these payouts that you're getting up in arms about are not what the fighters take home.
George Roop, a TUF alumni who had a lot of big wins around that point. So I don't see how you're implying Roop would be treated anywhere near average.

Volkmann who has a lot of wins in the UFC (and clearly above average fighter) has gotten bonuses but not that much relative to his pay.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/27015...s-shed-light-on-life-in-octagons-middle-class
For UFC 125, he took home a $3,000 discretionary bonus. But that more than doubled at UFC on Versus 5, where he was paid an additional $7,000. He awaits his check from UFC 141.

At the moment, sponsor pay lags. Volkmann, who has fought on preliminary-card bouts in five of seven UFC appearances, said he received $1,500 for UFC 125, $1200 for UFC on Versus 5, and $2,000 for UFC 141. He receives no pay for wearing patches representing his gym and the National Guard, as they don't officially sponsor him.

$3000 compared to $32000 pay isn't really much.

Here is Dana White explaining the bonuses.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/23741...sign-of-generosity-not-devious-business-plans
"There are different factors into why guys will get a discretionary bonus," White said. "There's never these deals made where it's like, 'OK, this what we're going to pay you on the contract, but then we'll cut you a discretionary bonus of this.'

"First of all, sometimes an event becomes bigger than we anticipated it to be. Sometimes there's more money involved than we budgeted or thought could happen. What do we do? We share with them. We're not going to go, 'Hey, listen. That's your [expletive] deal, buddy. You signed that deal. I don't care how big this event was,' even though that's our right to do. When you go in and you sign up fighters, and you do these things, and you go out and put on the promotion, 100 percent of the risk is on us

George Roop, a TUF alumni who had a lot of big wins around that point. So I don't see how you're implying Roop would be treated anywhere near average.
George Roop, who he himself admits is a low end fighter. Da fuck are you acting like Roop is some elite draw lol. Dude is 12-9 and has two big wins to his name and one of those is Josh Grispi.

Volkmann who has a lot of wins in the UFC (and clearly above average fighter) has gotten bonuses but not that much relative to his pay.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/27015...s-shed-light-on-life-in-octagons-middle-class

$3000 compared to $32000 pay isn't really much.

Here is Dana White explaining the bonuses.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/23741...sign-of-generosity-not-devious-business-plans

Volkman is one of the most boring fighters of all time ajar he got something extra

Mitrione is barely mid level. Looks about right on the pay scale. Its not like he was meant to headline the card. He was just a fill in.

Not this shit again. What is Sherdogs obsession with fighters pay? A man should never care about another mans pockets.

I just figured these guys would be making more. Because they were professionals.

I did a little research on what other Professional boxers make in a year.
And the pay for them was very similar depending on where you were in the mix.

The Average was about $39,000 a year for a professional boxer.
But then again this was just their base pay, they would also get bonuses if they put on a good show, etc. Just like in the UFC.

mid tier would make 100k - 250k

Top guys (Manny Pacquiao 40million a fight)

So I get it now.

How is Mitrione Making $12k to fight. and the facebook fight fighters (are making like 4k less than him and he's headlining a card?!?!?!

Man, Who is negotiating these guys contracts?!?

Some fighters are getting the shaft so bad. Jonathon brookins made $20k for his loss.
And Mitriones headlining. (Maybe with the backroom bonuses, he's making more, but still)

FX main card:
Roy Nelson ($24,000 + $24,000 = $48,000) def. Matt Mitrione ($12,000)
Colton Smith ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Mike Ricci ($8,000)
Pat Barry ($22,000 + $22,000 =$44,000) def. Shane del Rosario ($20,000)
Dustin Poirier ($17,000 + $17,000 = $34,000) def. Jonathan Brookins ($20,000)

FUEL TV preliminary card:
Mike Pyle ($39,000 + $39,000 = $78,000) def. James Head ($12,000)
Johnny Bedford ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Marcos Vinicius ($8,000)
Rustam Khabilov ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Vinc Pichel ($8,000)
Anthony Waldburger ($14,000 + $14,000 = $28,000) def. Nick Catone ($13,000)

Facebook preliminary card:
Hugo Viana ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Reuben Duran ($8,000)
Mike Rio ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. John Cofer ($8,000)
Tim Elliott ($6,000 + $6,000 = $12,000) def. Jared Papazian ($6,000)

aint much really

Tim elliott got a 2.8 million backroom bonus and the keys to torres' surprise van that has been left in the zuffa parking lot since he got cut, not bad.

Not hating but Mike Pyle is overpaid.

Good to see Pat Barry getting that KO bonus plus $44K as a base salary for 5:26 action...

I'd take that 3 times a year over my $90k annual salary.

Back