Uk 's catch guy

Idonotbelieveit

winning
@Gold
Reaction score
Now billy Robinson is gone I think caac has gone down hill, we have no one ,nobody other than Josh Barnett representing us

Randy couture did, Ken and frank shamrock

The main guy is Barnett without him I think caac is over

And they are American

FairPlay to them , our best U.K. fighters have no history of catch

What about Erik Paulson? Sakuraba Kazushi? Imanari Masakazu? Dirty Holt?

Robinson is gone but many great are still here.

It never got the exposure to live on. always fascinated me to the point of doing research and still limited resources.
With that being said if anyone has any good pages i can read up on it or documentaries i would appreciate it greatly

The snake pit wigan has been reopened and i thibk theres a few uk guys who were billy riley students..give it time dude

Now billy Robinson is gone I think caac has gone down hill, we have no one ,nobody other than Josh Barnett representing us

Randy couture did, Ken and frank shamrock

The main guy is Barnett without him I think caac is over

And they are American

FairPlay to them , our best U.K. fighters have no history of catch

There are still old timers alive and teaching...you just didnt dig enough.

For example :

Sorry, if this is a dumb question but can't you guys just cross train freestyle wrestling and say Sambo and -hey presto- you're a Catch wrestler.
Or is it different?

It never got the exposure to live on. always fascinated me to the point of doing research and still limited resources.
With that being said if anyone has any good pages i can read up on it or documentaries i would appreciate it greatly

I've learnt a lot from these forums over the years from old school members . Wish I could remember old threads .

Cacc is on way out and shouldn't be . Power of marketing

Sorry, if this is a dumb question but can't you guys just cross train freestyle wrestling and say Sambo and -hey presto- you're a Catch wrestler.
Or is it different?
I bet people have said they are a catch wrestler but once they are on the mat their opponent would find out they are not lol

cacc is brutal reading on the history

Bys, there are piled of nerds out there right now training German longsword techniques they learned from medieval manuscripts. No MA ever completely dies, so don't start giving catch the eulogy just yet.

Or is it different?

Sambo without the Gi is quite similar to CACC, however the use of neck cranks and wrist locks are not allowed. Technically you cant choke in sports sambo, but my instructor has always taught me chokes.

Sambo without the Gi is quite similar to CACC, however the use of neck cranks and wrist locks are not allowed. Technically you cant choke in sports sambo, but my instructor has always taught me chokes.
Yeah, that's right.
Oh well, there's always mma...

I've learnt a lot from these forums over the years from old school members . Wish I could remember old threads .

Cacc is on way out and shouldn't be . Power of marketing

message me with any links of threads you may have or any articles. i love history of arts like this one. i dont know what it is but CACC fascinates the hell out of me

It's a shame, as catch dudes were turning pro, but pro wrestling has mostly moved away from a catch style too. This hadn't left many guys using a non-scripted style of catch either.

message me with any links of threads you may have or any articles. i love history of arts like this one. i dont know what it is but CACC fascinates the hell out of me
If you can get your hands on them, I recommend Catch: The Hold Not Taken and Billy Robinson's autobiography.

I know this will annoy some people but Catch at the end of the day (and I've done my homework) is just folkstyle wrestling without potentially dangerous or illegal hold calls. American folkstyle wrestlers would dominate Catch if it becomes big again because basically all you'd have to tell them is that they can crank pinning holds as hard as they want.

You will be able to get a lot more mileage out of watching folkstyle technique and adding in subs or not worrying about potentially dangerous calls than trying to exclusively find "pure" catch instruction

I know this will annoy some people but Catch at the end of the day (and I've done my homework) is just folkstyle wrestling without potentially dangerous or illegal hold calls. American folkstyle wrestlers would dominate Catch if it becomes big again because basically all you'd have to tell them is that they can crank pinning holds as hard as they want.

You will be able to get a lot more mileage out of watching folkstyle technique and adding in subs or not worrying about potentially dangerous calls than trying to exclusively find "pure" catch instruction

why i love these forums... thanks a lot dude. no idea what about either but looks like ill be reading a bit? any recommendations?

I agree. I bet a lot of people miss out on learning from good teachers because they think martial arts have to be exotic or they make the mistake of thinking one ruleset is vastly different than the other due to the name.

It would be cool if USA folkstyle coaches caught on to the potential market for their skills, spent a couple years learning BJJ and started teaching adult classes. Actually this is what several of my coaches did now that I think about it.

In the one catch competition I've ever watched, a collegiate wrestler who was there for the sambo competition earlier in the day just pinned everyone from the CACC school that came.

I'll do some research but kforcer and bullit both mods educated me back in the day

I'll try and find old threads

Back